Sign in to follow this  
jc557

Few questions from a newbie

I apologise if these have been answered, which I'm sure they have, but it's sometimes a lot quicker to ask directly than doing a search.

For someone that would always have his head protected by a cap in the sun, how often would a touch up be needed? I know it's different for each person, but I imagine sun exposure is a big part of things? I also go running every day, but only sweat in the summer. Have a balanced diet, which I guess means I don't put weight on due to my excessive running, but love junk food and sugary food. Don't drink alcohol.

How much is the average touch up? It seems like it's an important question, as obviously having SMP isn't just the initial job, but every touch up afterwards.

Does anyone also have any kind of FAQ about everything? The site itself doesn't appear to?

Cheers :)

Hello 

I’ve had smp for about 18 months now & I’m a bit of a bugger for going in the sun, I do wear sun cream most of the time & I haven’t experienced any sort of fading 

I’ve even burnt my head and it peeled, still no change 

some people just hold the ink better than others 

4 hours ago, baldy-locks said:

Hello 

I’ve had smp for about 18 months now & I’m a bit of a bugger for going in the sun, I do wear sun cream most of the time & I haven’t experienced any sort of fading 

I’ve even burnt my head and it peeled, still no change 

some people just hold the ink better than others 

This is probably true, with regards to how ink reacts differently for everyone... mine looks ok for a few months after top ups, but I cannot justify spending 500 pounds every 6 months because it fades. And it isn't like I am in the sun much.

Definitely something to consider.