Sign in to follow this  
noircat23

Tight time frame to get it done-Should I?

So here is my dilemma, with my work schedule, I only seem to have a narrow time frame to get SMP this summer.  I could get session #1 done during the last week of June then hopefully #2 right after the 4th of July.  Then I leave for vacation in Hawaii the following week.  I'm fine with keeping out of the intense sun by wearing a hat and I won't go in the ocean and would keep my head above water if I went in the pool.  Do you think it's worth getting it done considering this.  I have to admit that not worrying about concealers in my hair during the vacation would greatly improve my enjoyment.

The time frame between sessions 1 and 2 isn't the problem.  My concern for you would be you being out in the sun/heat while the treatment is healing.  If you read the after care guidelines, you will see that the advice is to avoid sweating/water on scalp at least 4 days after each treatment, and avoid sun exposure for 1-2 weeks at the minimum.  Even if you're saying that you're going to wear hats and stay away from the sun, you will be sweating quite a bit which will mess with the ink settling period.  

ok, thanks for your response!  I would have about a week between session #2 and leaving for vacation so I wondering if I would be ok?  I wear hats constantly now so keep out of the sun won't be a problem.  

I went into work today after having a 2 hour touch up session yesterday. Honestly couldn’t care less! Once it fades it loooks so so good. So just trust int he process and be honest with people. I’ve told the whole office! 

Thanks JH-I’m aiming to keep this as unnoticeable as possible as my office mates would make it uncomfortable for me if they knew I got SMP. I admire those that keep their head on display throughout the entire process.