sm3

Toronto Location Troubles + Poor Experience

They were slow getting back to me as i was looking to get my warranty touch up as it's been only 9 months since my last session and I have extreme fading over my head everywhere except the hairline which is way stronger than anywhere else done on my head.

After two weeks of waiting, I was informed that the practitioner suddenly left the company without notice and they are working towards bringing a new one on board. I had a very poor experience with the previous practitioner, very rude, didn't listen well to my requests, was always rushed and condescending. So in a way I'm glad he has left and will hopefully be replaced soon with someone significantly more qualified and skilled. But now I am worried about the treatment I received as I paid a great deal of money for it only for it to have faded so much after such a short time, even though I have more remaining hair than a majority of treatments i've seen done on here. 

HIS has assured me that they will still honour my free one year warranty touchup whenever the new practitioner comes on board, but It's worrisome to have to wait for that unknown date as my expensive treatments have become virtually non-existent after such a short time when the promised time is much longer. I have taken extreme care of the treatment as advised, barely any direct sun exposure as Toronto has been grey gloomy for a long time. And yet still the poor results thanks to a dismissive practitioner who up and left suddenly. 

I've seen such great results from others on this site but I must say that my experience with the Toronto clinic has not been pleasant and I really hope HIS hair can help correct the situation. I really have had high hopes for this treatment being  24 and losing hair rapidly due to previous cancer diagnosis and chemotherapy. 

I appreciate customer service re-assuring me that I will still get the free touch-up, but having to live with the poorly done and fading treatment until whenever that might be is upsetting and unfortunate to say the least.

I have attached pictures for those who are interested. All light areas are my faded treatment, and the darker areas are my actual remaining hair. The practitioner did the hairline way more dense than anywhere else, hence the fading on top and the crown but a prominent hairline. I hope to correct this and soften the hairline during my warranty touch up. Just want to have this treatment done with so i can get on with life for a couple years and hope it holds up as promised this time..

Photo on 2019-05-24 at 4.01 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 2019-05-24 at 4.01 PM.jpg

Photo on 2019-05-24 at 4.02 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 2019-05-24 at 4.02 PM.jpg

Photo on 2019-05-24 at 4.03 PM.jpg

This sadly looks alot like the results I have gotten from the Toronto location after 3 sessions. The previous practitioner was never able to get the color right and ultimately ended up going too light. 

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to get another 2 full sessions to get the same results as others have gotten from his hair. I will pay for the repairs to get it fixed because I don't really have a choice, but I am hoping they send someone more qualified from the UK down to fill the gap. At least until someone new has been put in place. 

Yeah itd be great for them to send someone qualified over in the meantime to atleast take care of their existing clients here...

I  have had to get multiple sessions performed in Toronto due to a ton of fading and the pigment shade never blending to get a decent match. I assumed that it was mostly a combination of my strong immune system and an inexperienced practitioner.

I am in your boat and do not feel that my SMP is finished to the quality standard of what His guarantees.

His however has always s been first class with me when it comes to communication but they should of had more than one practitioner in Toronto..

23 hours ago, JCVD said:

I  have had to get multiple sessions performed in Toronto due to a ton of fading and the pigment shade never blending to get a decent match. I assumed that it was mostly a combination of my strong immune system and an inexperienced practitioner.

I am in your boat and do not feel that my SMP is finished to the quality standard of what His guarantees.

His however has always s been first class with me when it comes to communication but they should of had more than one practitioner in Toronto..

Same here man, I thought it was just me but I'm glad I posted about it and there are others so that hopefully HIS does something to rectify it for us because I don't know about you but I paid wayyyyy too much for what I got.

4 hours ago, sm3 said:

Same here man, I thought it was just me but I'm glad I posted about it and there are others so that hopefully HIS does something to rectify it for us because I don't know about you but I paid wayyyyy too much for what I got.

His went out of their way for me but the Toronto practitioner was just not able to get my smp finished to a high standard that their company is known for. It has been a very stressful experience and very expensive to travel to Toronto for the multiple treatments that I needed.

The treatments were always too light and the horseshoe pattern could easily be seen in all lighting which was very concerning.

I only wish that I could have traveled to the UK to get my smp completed by one of their amazing practitioners but it is just way too far for me to travel. I am happy to get my smp done at His but I want to have the confidence knowing  that I am getting a skilled and experienced practitioner to perform and finish my treatment.

I still have not heard anything back from hishair about what's going on. An update on the forum would be nice concerning the status of the Toronto location. 

I can tell you the last session I had at the Toronto location the practitioner was saying that they would be moving the Toronto location somewhere else in the GTA. The reason he told me was because during that session there were potential new tenants walking around checking out the space. 

Super frustrating, they are not replying to emails, really want to just get a refund at this point and move on if theres no hope for the toronto clininc coming back anytime soon.

4 hours ago, sm3 said:

Super frustrating, they are not replying to emails, really want to just get a refund at this point and move on if theres no hope for the toronto clininc coming back anytime soon.

It is better to call His Hair than to wait for a reply to an email. It definitely seems that they are having trouble getting another practitioner to relocate to Toronto.

I hope that they can have another practitioner in Toronto within the next 3 months to sort out the smp procedures done by the prior practitioner that has since left.

If however the Toronto clinic remains on permanent hiatus the only other alternative is travel to the United States and have another His Hair practitioner complete the procedure.

Really disappointing to see what's happening with HIS Toronto.  I was fortunate to receive treatment by one of their former guys who since relocated back to the UK.  The lack of responses to your guys emails and poor customer service is surprising and will impact future clients.  We all know how stressful it is dealing with hair loss so the added level isn't required.  I hope things work out in their office quickly for all of us.  Mine is still going strong 3.5 years later and glad I went through with the procedure.  If anyone is interested in contacting the guy who did mine, let me know as he's setup shop in the UK.  A real pro at what he does.

The clients that were able to get their work done by the UK practitioner in Toronto before he left a couple years ago were very fortunate.

I am still surprised that the last Canadian practitioner in Toronto was working on his own considering that I do not feel that he was experienced enough to achieve quality work or represent their company.

The most disappointing thing about this is that many members in other countries got quality smp procedures completed  in just 2 or 3 sessions when clients in Canada are over 3 sessions and still not done and have no clue if or when it will ever be completed. 

For the $4000 it cost me for this procedure I do not feel what I got is completed or worth what I paid.

13 hours ago, JCVD said:

The clients that were able to get their work done by the UK practitioner in Toronto before he left a couple years ago were very fortunate.

I am still surprised that the last Canadian practitioner in Toronto was working on his own considering that I do not feel that he was experienced enough to achieve quality work or represent their company.

The most disappointing thing about this is that many members in other countries got quality smp procedures completed  in just 2 or 3 sessions when clients in Canada are over 3 sessions and still not done and have no clue if or when it will ever be completed. 

For the $4000 it cost me for this procedure I do not feel what I got is completed or worth what I paid.

I couldnt agree more, I've had like four essions, all quoted at a couple hours by HIS, and none of them with the previous practitioner lasted more than 30 minutes except for the initial first one. When id question the old practitioner on areas that were clearly less dense than others, he'd deny it and say "fine but it'll end up looking painted on" and not do it. I have tried calling his and thats how i got the understanding of their situation but its been hard to get responses beyond that. I guess best case right now is that they send someone over temporarily to fix up those of us who have subpar work done by the previous tech. Its a shame HIS never really implemented any quality assurance for the work of this previous tech and all we have to go on is our word. 

6 hours ago, sm3 said:

I couldnt agree more, I've had like four essions, all quoted at a couple hours by HIS, and none of them with the previous practitioner lasted more than 30 minutes except for the initial first one. When id question the old practitioner on areas that were clearly less dense than others, he'd deny it and say "fine but it'll end up looking painted on" and not do it. I have tried calling his and thats how i got the understanding of their situation but its been hard to get responses beyond that. I guess best case right now is that they send someone over temporarily to fix up those of us who have subpar work done by the previous tech. Its a shame HIS never really implemented any quality assurance for the work of this previous tech and all we have to go on is our word. 

What happened to you happened the exact same way with me. This practitioner would never go dense enough or dark enough to get a consistent look which matched the sides and back of my head. I had to talk to His Hair in Birmingham on multiple occasions to get this practitioner to go with a much darker shade of pigmentation and to correct the lack of density .This practitioner had me in and out of the Toronto office within 40 minutes for my last 2 appointments and went as fast as he could to just get rid of me.

Any time that I would point out problem areas where the density was way too thin the practitioner would get very defensive and say that I am going to have a painted on look and that I would be ruining the job that was already on my head. He kept saying that it was good enough already.

It was really awkward going to my last 2 sessions where the practitioner was still not able to correct my smp. The tension was very noticeable and my stress level was through the roof.

I just want the finished look of a quality His Hair smp that I paid for and that everyone else is getting in other countries from His hair. 

17 hours ago, JCVD said:

What happened to you happened the exact same way with me. This practitioner would never go dense enough or dark enough to get a consistent look which matched the sides and back of my head. I had to talk to His Hair in Birmingham on multiple occasions to get this practitioner to go with a much darker shade of pigmentation and to correct the lack of density .This practitioner had me in and out of the Toronto office within 40 minutes for my last 2 appointments and went as fast as he could to just get rid of me.

Any time that I would point out problem areas where the density was way too thin the practitioner would get very defensive and say that I am going to have a painted on look and that I would be ruining the job that was already on my head. He kept saying that it was good enough already.

It was really awkward going to my last 2 sessions where the practitioner was still not able to correct my smp. The tension was very noticeable and my stress level was through the roof.

I just want the finished look of a quality His Hair smp that I paid for and that everyone else is getting in other countries from His hair. 

Dude, I could've literally wrote that myself!! My experience exactly. The subsequent sessions were extremely awkward and he definitely had a bunch of attitude which didn't help to ease any stress or pressure i was feeling at just wanting a quality finished look. 

8 hours ago, sm3 said:

Dude, I could've literally wrote that myself!! My experience exactly. The subsequent sessions were extremely awkward and he definitely had a bunch of attitude which didn't help to ease any stress or pressure i was feeling at just wanting a quality finished look. 

The practitioner was basically pissed about having to do touch up sessions on his unfinished work that never took.I was supposed to get 2 hours of treatment a session and he had me out the door in 40 minutes which included the set up time

He was miserable and rushed thorough the sessions and it was very awkward to have an angry practitioner working on me. Very unprofessional and beyond stressful..

I am happy that you posted about your experience because I thought that I was the only one that had this type of awful experience in Toronto. 

22 hours ago, JCVD said:

The practitioner was basically pissed about having to do touch up sessions on his unfinished work that never took.I was supposed to get 2 hours of treatment a session and he had me out the door in 40 minutes which included the set up time

He was miserable and rushed thorough the sessions and it was very awkward to have an angry practitioner working on me. Very unprofessional and beyond stressful..

I am happy that you posted about your experience because I thought that I was the only one that had this type of awful experience in Toronto. 

I guess that explains why he up and left so suddenly without any notice to HIS. Im sure its no surprise to anyone who was a client of his that he was miserable and unqualified and we suffered the consequences of it. I called them again today and there is no update other than that they are in the process of recruiting someone. My feeling is to pursue a refund and try to get my smp re-done either at a later time when HIS has a more qualified tech or see if there are other smp services around immediately.

On 6/8/2019 at 6:44 AM, JurgenKloppSaviour said:

Really disappointing to see what's happening with HIS Toronto.  I was fortunate to receive treatment by one of their former guys who since relocated back to the UK.  The lack of responses to your guys emails and poor customer service is surprising and will impact future clients.  We all know how stressful it is dealing with hair loss so the added level isn't required.  I hope things work out in their office quickly for all of us.  Mine is still going strong 3.5 years later and glad I went through with the procedure.  If anyone is interested in contacting the guy who did mine, let me know as he's setup shop in the UK.  A real pro at what he does.

Sadly a trip to the UK is not feasible at the present time although it would be amazing to get this done once and for all at a quality standard 

5 hours ago, sm3 said:

I guess that explains why he up and left so suddenly without any notice to HIS. Im sure its no surprise to anyone who was a client of his that he was miserable and unqualified and we suffered the consequences of it. I called them again today and there is no update other than that they are in the process of recruiting someone. My feeling is to pursue a refund and try to get my smp re-done either at a later time when HIS has a more qualified tech or see if there are other smp services around immediately.

I had also talked with His recently on the phone and they had specified that they are looking to replace the last practitioner but they currently do not a have a physical address on where the new clinic will be located in Toronto.

I would hope that they have this situation sorted out very soon and I do not want to be left in limbo with an unfinished smp that cost me thousands of dollars while I still have to wear a hat.

Every time I look in the mirror it is a constant reminder and a slap in the face of having a dud practitioner who just could not get it done right.

I gave that last practitioner way too many chances to finish my smp because I trusted His and I now feel rather foolish for allowing him to do my smp without him having the proper skill set. I want to see a His practitioner that is qualified in Toronto by at least  August to finally get this nightmare over with and to get peace of mind.

Such a shame. The customer service and quality of work I have had at Harley Street London has been incredible. My practitioner- not sure your allowed to say who- has been so so good. Really cares about you and the work they do! 

The last appointment I went to he was late. I was standing outside the hair clinic doors in the office hallway awkwardly. I can tell you standing in front of a hair clinic door as people are working around you is not very relaxing. 

3 hours ago, Canuck said:

The last appointment I went to he was late. I was standing outside the hair clinic doors in the office hallway awkwardly. I can tell you standing in front of a hair clinic door as people are working around you is not very relaxing. 

Haha oh man this was me as well in 3 out of 4 sessions, waiting outside a locked door for him to show up. For the last session it seemed like he was coming from home and i was the only client for that day, and he was seeming super inconvenienced by the fact that he had to come in to work at 4pm to do my touchup session which as i mentioned lasted no more than 20 min. Atleast theres some comfort in not having been alone in this terrible experience. It seems all of us trusted this tech due to the reputation of HIS, but it seems they havent done any kind of quality assurance on his work. Not fair to us who've sunk a lot of money into this and in my case for nothing as the treated areas are barely present on my scalp anymore. Truly does feel like were in limbo.

I flew to Toronto for all my appointments and arrived to my appointment one time in particular and the door was locked.

After that I was always scared that the practitioner would no show my appointment and I would have wasted my plane fare and hotel costs. 

I am still beyond stunned that His Hair allowed this practitioner to represent them in Canada. I want this matter resolved and my smp finished correctly.

We all deserve to get what we paid for and it is not our fault their practitioner was incapable of doing a proper smp.

I also live in toronto and was considering getting it done in the future...now i am highly considering traveling to the UK to get it done. How long would you recommend i take a trip for if i fly to the UK to get it completed?