Sign in to follow this  
Miki

Buzz cut number 1 clippers

Hey all,

I was just seeing if it is possible to buzz my hair a number one? Photo attached and get Micropigmentation to bring the hairline forward and fill in the receding part? 

Is that achievable with Micropigmentation? 

Also so happy to cut it with no clippers to achieve the result? CB081714-F153-4235-BD22-3AF8A1BF6F9B.thumb.jpeg.59839afab6233586e4e35b9edd1e4c54.jpegA758A6F3-F107-44B1-B088-AE0B2C3017B8.thumb.jpeg.cfca8c52be7e20b295c29929a788c1b4.jpeg572BE190-F3D1-44C4-8014-34069205C246.thumb.jpeg.c8676099c1571e45af157cadaed6b017.jpeg

Has anyone had this done with similar hair to me. 

I’ve had a look on the internet but can find anything with a number 1 clipper with Micropigmentation.

Cheers 

Hi 

you have a similar hair line to me & I've have smp and lowered my hair line and my honest opinion is that, you wouldn’t get away with a no1 buzz cut with a lowered hair line. You’d see a difference between hair and dots. I wet shave and it blend perfect 

the only way imo to keep the number 1 is to just fill in the receding areas and keep your hair line where it is. See pic (fill in above the red lines) 

4D29F490-8889-4B8E-B9EA-F3C6624D771A.jpeg

You have basically the PERFECT type of recssion for SMP.

Very similar to mine, but you have even more remaining hair.

My advise is to keep your existing hairline. Don't lower it. Your current temple recesion looks "mature" in a good way; the only real aesthetic issue you have is the sparseness in the middle.

Use SMP to fill in the loss areas, but keep the hairline. You will absolutely be able to use a 1mm no-guard buzz. It'll all blend together to eyes and to touch and look great. Buzz every 2-3 days.

But if you take the temple recession down any further you risk looking weird/unnatural/young. And risk having a harder time mixing with a 1mm buzz.

Check out my topics for my decision with fairly similar hair.

No you wouldn't be able to get away with that length...

The only way someone could get away without having to shave, is if they had diffused thinning. How do you think it will look if you have that length, and then completely flat dots at the temple? 

You have similar hair loss to me, and I need to shave every morning, or it is noticeable. Better to know this in advanced, than go through with it and be disappointed.  

I cannot believe someone said you would only need to buzz every 3 days... makes me question their motives.

Hey genetics,

I seen in one of your old posts that you were thinking of getting the SMP laser off.

- how long have you had the treatment ? 

- after 2-3 top ups are the results the same as when you first got it done? 

Cheers  

15 minutes ago, Miki said:

Hey genetics,

I seen in one of your old posts that you were thinking of getting the SMP laser off.

- how long have you had the treatment ? 

- after 2-3 top ups are the results the same as when you first got it done? 

Cheers  

I have had the treatment 5 years. I have had two tops since I originally had it done, and a few months after each it just goes back to what it was before, a grey blob with no distinction. It doesn't look like dots at my temple.

What people forget is as soon as you have a top up, they cannot put the dots in the exact same spots, so they get a little bigger, until it's just a blob. I attached a picture but not best quality, but you should be able to see where there are small individual dots, its just a blob, and there is nothing HIS can do to fix it.

20190616_225207[2305].jpg

I’m by no means an expert. But as with any cosmetic procedure in the world most work out well and some just don’t for whatever reason? 

The reason I went to HIS is I saw a guy on a bus with it and started speaking to him- I was the best I’ve seen online or in person ( I can notice them now I’ve had mine done!)

He had his done 10 years ago and was just going back for his first top up. I was the first person to spot it and thankgod I did as it made up my mind to get it done & I thought perfect way it was - no top up needed  

As with anything if your 100% not sure but decide to take the plunge- go in light, not to pronounced and you can always build from there or I guess take it away ( laser if that’s the case!  ) 

On 16/04/2019 at 6:33 PM, Miki said:

Hey all,

I was just seeing if it is possible to buzz my hair a number one? Photo attached and get Micropigmentation to bring the hairline forward and fill in the receding part? 

Is that achievable with Micropigmentation? 

Also so happy to cut it with no clippers to achieve the result? CB081714-F153-4235-BD22-3AF8A1BF6F9B.thumb.jpeg.59839afab6233586e4e35b9edd1e4c54.jpegA758A6F3-F107-44B1-B088-AE0B2C3017B8.thumb.jpeg.cfca8c52be7e20b295c29929a788c1b4.jpeg572BE190-F3D1-44C4-8014-34069205C246.thumb.jpeg.c8676099c1571e45af157cadaed6b017.jpeg

Has anyone had this done with similar hair to me. 

I’ve had a look on the internet but can find anything with a number 1 clipper with Micropigmentation.

Cheers 

how old are you and when did you start thinning ? u still have quite a lot of hair !!!