Sign in to follow this  
jansch

Jansch's SMP Diary - March 16 1st Session

Hi guys,

I've finally booked an appointment - for March 16th. 
To be honest, I'm a little nervous. I plan to go for a very light treatment, at least to begin with - and ideally no hairline. I have a patch that still has some hair right where my hairline begins. I want a slight sprinkling of dots there which gets denser as we move towards the crown. Ala Freddie Ljungberg look. 

I'm in a situation where this almost feels like the ONLY option I have - I'm a NW7 - although I do have a little hair on top. Been shaving it with clippers for a while - the same chore as everyone going through this really. You start off shaving once every week, then once every 3 days, every morning, 0.5 guard, no guard, then zero guarded my clipper. And now it's all horseshoe, making me look much older than I am (31). And it's doing a number on my confidence. Especially right now, when I'm going to have to meet my girlfriends' parents soon. :/

Why I'm making this thread is so I can document my entire process, with photos and journals of how I'm feeling through it all. Hope it will help someone else looking for more information like me.

So, my first session is on the 16th, the 2nd session on the 23rd of March. Then I have 8 days to recover before I need to resume work on April 1. Is that enough time for the treatment to settle down? I work in a VERY brightly lit office, with white diffuse lamps hanging around me - and my colleagues sit right across, and behind - no cubicles. I'm a little worried how it'll look and whether after 8 days, it'll still look spotty and weird. 

This sounds a bit similar to my story....

Personally I think working in an office with bright lights will hide the treatment anyway, as the light will just reflect our baldness lol !!

I'm certainly no expert but would have thought outside in the natural light will be where it shows up more.

Feel free to check out my post - first treatment is on 23 March

Hey man, 

I think you planned it out pretty well.  Nerve is natural - trust me I couldn't sleep before my 1st session, but the journey was quite surreal! 

Check out my SMP journey, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

Vin

On 09/03/2019 at 11:53 AM, Vinnydiesel said:

Here's the original thread that I started which has more photos/details: 

Vinnydiesel, thanks a lot. That's immensely helpful! 
Looks great by the way, really like how it turned out for you. :) 

On 09/03/2019 at 1:18 AM, Charlie said:

This sounds a bit similar to my story....

Personally I think working in an office with bright lights will hide the treatment anyway, as the light will just reflect our baldness lol !!

I'm certainly no expert but would have thought outside in the natural light will be where it shows up more.

Feel free to check out my post - first treatment is on 23 March

Thanks for replying - yeah, in a very similar position to you. Almost time for you now, nerves kicking in? :)

Not yet lol !! I kinda only worry about things just before they are about to happen, then panic :o:lol:

I'm sure of the look I am after tho, so gonna explain exactly what I want.... if anyone calls me out on it or asks asks I'm just gonna be honest. Its my head and I can do what I want with it. I'm pretty certain its gonna look good when its finished so some short term pain or funny looks inbetween will be worth it.

I'm gonna call HIS tonite as need to re-confirm my first appointment and I might move my send appointment to another day when I have a bit more time off work.

How are you feeling about it all ?