Sign in to follow this  
hairisgoingaway

SMP progress

After seeing a friend get their first two sessions done I've noted the following about SMP. It looks great for the first 4-5 days. Dark sharp small dots. Then they lighten and get blurrier/bigger and no longer match the 1-2 days worth of growth look (with the extremely small black hair follicle look), so it only gives a kind of shadow effect. That means SMP looks the best when your own hair is completely shaved off since it can't match the detailed and sharp look of real hair follicles.

So in a way all those SMP photos are a bit miss leading with the fresh post treatment look. In 7 days everything changes a lot. In my opinion the treatment looks best right after the session vs settled and blurry.

Can someone with SMP comment what happens after a few months? Does it get better or worse? Do the dots start to shrink again? Is it possible to end up with the freshly done SMP look eventually or is a blurry helmet the best SMP can do? The blurry helmet/shadow look is a million times better than having no hair of course.

7 days after your smp procedure is pretty much when you will see what the shade of pigmentation the practitioner applied will actually look like in comparison to your real hair.  

If your practitioner can not figure out the correct shade of pigmentation the smp will never match your natural existing hair and you will need multiple sessions to complete the finished look.

i think you, the poster, is falling into the trap of thinking that SMP was designed to imitate fuzz/actual grown out hair.  The reason why, well one of the reasons at least, you think that the treatment looks best immediately after the treatment, is because it's super dark and the unsettled ink somewhat creates the illusion of hair grown out of your head.  This is the same as getting a regular tattoo where you see the 3D aspect of it, but this is never the intent of SMP.  The intention is to blend your existing hair follicles when it is shaved down.  

On 1/29/2019 at 5:11 AM, Vinnydiesel said:

i think you, the poster, is falling into the trap of thinking that SMP was designed to imitate fuzz/actual grown out hair.  The reason why, well one of the reasons at least, you think that the treatment looks best immediately after the treatment, is because it's super dark and the unsettled ink somewhat creates the illusion of hair grown out of your head.  This is the same as getting a regular tattoo where you see the 3D aspect of it, but this is never the intent of SMP.  The intention is to blend your existing hair follicles when it is shaved down.  

Yes, that's exactly what I thought. So once the SMP has settled it'll blend best after a fresh shave. Daily shaving it is.