Yankees22

Contrast top vs sides

Hi, I had 3 sessions of smp done about 6months ago.  I used to wear a hair system for around 12-13 yrs so the top of my head is alot more white than the back and sides.  Since I has smp done in the summer i couldnt really try to tan for a few months as it is not recommended.  Its winter now and I can see the transition line all around my head.  I have tried self tanning lotion but that did not help.  It turned me orange.  Thinh is my sides and back are kind of a pinkish/red color and top is milky white.  I dont know what can be done about this?  Otherwise I am very happy just wish the transition had less contrast although.  Would appreciate any advice.  Thank you.

Hi 

I had a similar problem but mine was when I got a tan. I believed my head tanned more in the SMP areas than where I got hair (nw3), even shaved smooth. I tried fake tan, but it didnt even touch me. I decided to start walking when the sun was out, 30 mins with SPF 30 on and it did start to even itself out. The sun had no effect on the SMP 

we are also over  critical on ourselves too cos even though I thought my uneven tan was bad, nobody and I mean nobody ever said a thing! 

I must add though, I had my smp done in the winter, so my head was white all over 

i think there is a good fake tan used by some on here called JERGENS might be worth a try 

The top of my head is white after 10 years of concealer use. I'm hoping that given the length I've kept my hair during this time, the sides will be equally white once shaved, so hopefully there will be little/no contrast.

Thank you baldy locks.  You are right noone has said anything to me either about the uneven contrast even my parents who know i had this done. Problem is when i look with a handheld mirror looking at the back of my head thru my bathoom mirror, i can see the horseshoe pattern, because the back is more red than the top.  And i am the worst type of baldness nw7 plus retrograde alopecia plus ht scar.  Had to have my whole scalp done by in my opinion best in the business from HIS.  Im definitely going to start tanning once the sun comes out but im researching if you can tan in the winter and it says between like 11am-1pm the sun is strongest.  Maybe i try that.  Thanks for your relply though much appreciated.

The last few years I have been using Jergen's Natural Glow on my scalp, top of my head, to self tan that area, simply because it looks nice to have some color atop my head when I'm not wearing my hair system.  I would not try to tan my scalp with the sun, even with sunscreen, as such exposure can result in sun spots and skin cancer as well.  I am considering SMP, but having read the posts above, I may be reluctant.  I have never shaved my head, so I do not know how much or little contrast my side and back scalp will have with the top scalp after the complete shave.  Relying on SMP to fill everything in and match the shaved part seems like it could be a tedious and difficult task.  My side and back hair are low density (thin), so the SMP will be low density, or if higher density is wanted, I would need SMP on the entire head.  Wow, lots of unknowns here.  But some pictures I have seen of SMP look very good, so perhaps it is do-able. I'm in my upper 60's with 90% gray hair, so SMP might be very subtle on me.  Oh, well...any thoughts?