me90

what do you feel when you touch the scalp?

I ve seen a discussion on a hair loss forum where one member said that once someone touches the scalp with smp and feel no stubble, the person will immediately know that this is SMP, especially girls during sex who love to touch shaven head. however another member who says he has the smp done and is norwood 5 says that there is no big difference between the sides and the rest of the scalp because of the Miniaturized small hairs that he has. So I am not sure what to believe? can you tell me what do you actually feel when the scalp is touched after smp and can anyone tell that it is done by touch?

When shaved wet. There is no difference in the sides and top of mine. I have my head felt up on a few occasions and nobody has batted an eyelid. But 100% the sides of my head and where I still have hair feels exactly the same when wet shaved. 

Non issue in my opinion:) 

i regular get lazy and don't shave for days and still is all ok 

I wet shave (against the grain) on top because I still have some hair (nw3) and it’s quite dark, but use a rotary on the sides & back because I was more grey. So I have a smooth top with sand paper feel to the back & sides. Couple of people have rubbed my the top of my head and said “ooh very smooth” and that was that. Very few people know I’ve got SMP and I’ve never been called out... yet 

On 28/12/2018 at 11:44 PM, baldy-locks said:

I wet shave (against the grain) on top because I still have some hair (nw3) and it’s quite dark, but use a rotary on the sides & back because I was more grey. So I have a smooth top with sand paper feel to the back & sides. Couple of people have rubbed my the top of my head and said “ooh very smooth” and that was that. Very few people know I’ve got SMP and I’ve never been called out... yet 

Mmm so there is a difference in texture between where you have done SMP and where you haven't(the sides) ?

On 31/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, me90 said:

Mmm so there is a difference in texture between where you have done SMP and where you haven't(the sides) ?

If I wet shave against the grain all over, then, no there’s isn’t any difference... but you have to realise smp goes into areas where you haven’t got hair (which are smooth) and if you leave any kind of stubble then yes you will feel a difference 

I feel my real hair, as if I had a very short buzz cut. Which I do.

Just feels a bit less dense than on the sides.

SMP is GREAT for diffuse thinners that still have some hair/stubble in the area but just need help visually filling it in.