gm68

Light brown hair and unevenly greying

Thanks, I'm sure I'm in good hands ;)

Just wondering what to do about the 3rd session - 28 days recommended to wait after 2nd, some say 6 weeks. 6 weeks takes us conveniently up to Easter week, possibly a week off anyway for me. Don't want to rush in & book it now though. A bit concerned about fading after the 2nd session since I will have to go back to work between 2nd & 3rd :unsure:

I had 3 sessions in total, spaced about 2 weeks apart 

I didn’t experience any fading (everyone different) and went back to work a week after 1st session (nobody mentioned smp, just oh you’ve shaved your hair off) 

2nd and 3rd session I had done on a Friday and returned to work on the Monday 

I've booked the first two sessions on Fridays a week apart, possibly returning to work on the Monday after the second session (although I'm allowing for another day or two working from home, just in case).

Six weeks after the second session is Easter week, which may be convenient for me. I'm just reluctant to commit to 6 weeks now, in case I have bad fading. I think I'll end up booking this on the day of the second session, once we see how much fading happens after the first session?

19 hours ago, PermanentVacation said:

I'm genuinely looking forward to your result 😬..

Id zero fading. I think you'll be surprised. 

Me too! Looking forward to being on the other side of this ;) and hoping for little fading....

18 hours ago, baldy-locks said:

I genuinely think I could of got away with 1 session, but obviously the broken hairline wasn’t done till session 2  

Yea think I'll wait until session 2 and see where we are.

Anyway travel is booked for the first two sessions. Not many weeks to go.

First session this afternoon with Ian and Ranbir. Typing this at New Street station waiting for train to airport.

All good so far, think I'm liking my hair this short. Pain level was noticeable but mostly a non-issue - although when treating certain areas it was slightly more unpleasant.

Now genuinely excited about the end result and even more so about getting my life back!

But man, I look dreadful bald.......:ph34r:

I'll get my wife to take some pics shortly. Not sure if HIS wil send me the pics taken yesterday?

When I say I look dreadful bald, I really do. Particularly because there are two sizeable thickish patches that stick out a mile in an otherwise pale scalp :(

Which is why I think SMP is a great option for someone like me......

Here they are. Please bear in mind that my existing hair length is 24 hours after a grade 0 buzz. Clearly it will have to be kept shorter than that. Shades used were 50 and 60 I think. There was some bolstering up of the sides as well as the work on top. Still kinda red. Sorry about the glare on the top of head shot.

Happy to have comments on hairline etc that could be helpful for session #2.

IMG_20190302_135326.jpg

IMG_20190302_135330.jpg

IMG_20190302_135338.jpg

IMG_20190302_135349.jpg

IMG_20190302_135400.jpg

Nice looking solid first session, hard to tell due to the first session redness but I am going to say that after your second session you may well feel comfortable to get away with a daily buzz on a 0 guard. Get used to the chilly ears tho...:D 

I think your hairline fits the remaining hair you have, the next session will give more ooomff but do be prepared to procrastinate endlessly for weeks to yourself with whataboutery, it passes.

Thanks for the comments. Yea I think 'nice solid first session' sums it up well. Just catching up with this now, been away for a few days - part of my going off-radar for a week :)

Now 3 days post 1st session and the redness has gone down and strangely everything (including my real hair?) seems to have lightened - too much for my liking actually...... anyway I can still see a fainter outline where the dots are. I guess this is the worst bit between 1st and 2nd sessions lol. I want it darker but we'll see what is possible. For the 2nd session I'd like it a bit darker and much more dense (obviously). Although it's not obvious from the pics above, the hairline is still a tiny bit lopsided, so I'd like that corrected too.

Interesting the differing opinions on the grade 0. I'd really like to get away with a daily grade 0 but at the moment I'm doubtful about that. Guess I'll not really know until after session 2. I think the worst thing is the little silvery hairs standing out against the darker SMP dots. Anyway a couple of days later and I haven't cut my hair yet (actually starting to really want to now). My wife's just arrived home so I'll get her to take a few more pics before the light drops too much. Think I will do a grade zero buzz tomorrow night and see how it looks, then foil shave on Wed night. That should hopefully leave a nice bit of roughness for session 2 on Friday. Does that sound like a good plan (never done this before, strangely enough ;-))

Not sure about cold ears, but the top of my head feels cold, storm Freya saw to that during my weekend away on the north Antrim coast! Actually the skin on the top of my head was in pretty poor shape, having spent the last decade under concealer..... Ian gave a me some moisturiser and I actually think it has improved a bit.

So as expected my daughter knew fine well something was up. She knew because my wife left me to the airport (I'd have driven myself and paid for parking if it was a work trip). I just knew she'd spot even that. So I ended up telling her exactly what was going on (I had more or less pre-planned to do this since I didn't for a moment think I could hide it from her). My son too - not sure how he feels about the distinct possibility of going the same way in a few years..... but they're all fine with it. Wife was well impressed with both the look and the quality of the work after the first session so that's good too :). I had told her the story of what to expect after the first session, managing her expectations, but I think it looked much better than she expected.

Looking good. I think you can wash it with a beady facial wash as well. 

As for it being lob sided, just in my opinion don't have it too perfect. Mines slightly off I think but it makes not much difference unless of course one sides like a square and the other A triangle

glad its all slotting into place :) 

Gave myself a grade 0 this morning, but was cautious with the clippers in case I disturbed the pigment.... could probably get it a bit shorter if I tried.

Seems to be lightening. Too light now perhaps. Pics taken this evening.

Jury is out on the grade 0. Looked great in indoor lighting but although much better, the silvery hairs still show a little in outdoor light. Will wait until 2nd session is done before making a call on it.

Know what you mean re the hairline. But I seem to have a slightly lopsided head (only slightly!) which seems to be made a bit worse by the lopsided hairline.

I'm also thinking the hairline looks a bit straight and a bit high. It's three and a half fingers above my eyebrows and I don't have any wrinkles (yes really) so I reckon it could come down a mm or two in the centre to make it more rounded.

But I really would like everything a bit darker! It really is much lighter than it appears in the photos (except maybe the last one).

IMG_20190305_175249_copy.jpg

IMG_20190305_175316_copy.jpg

IMG_20190305_171813_copy.jpg

You definitely need to get your hair shorter mate. I was sold my treatment (not HIS) with the understanding that I needed to, at least, rotary shave... remember smp is 2D, hair is 3D 

I’m glad you mentioned your hairline cos I thought it was a bit straight (didn’t want to offend) & high. Would look better lowered in the middle to make it more receded 

Yep I do agree. I'm just trying to find out what works for me. Also let's see what the 2nd session brings.

Thanks for the comments on the hairline, think I will get them to lower it slighlty and make it more rounded. I think the guy in the pic below has one of the most natural looking receded hairlines on the HIS website, although it's a wee bit too high/receded for me.

By the way it's really concerning me how light this is. I wanted more contrast between hair and skin. :unsure:

rob-after01.jpg