Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

SMP BACK/SIDES ONLY POSSIBLE?

Hello, 

I am looking to get some advice from those who know a bit more about the possibilities of SMP. I still have a decent amount of hair on top, but I cant shave it down due to my FUE scars. I would like to know if it would be possible to leave a grade 1-2 on top, and get smp ONLY on the back/sides of my head to hide the FUE dots as much as possible? 

If anybody knows of any threads etc where photos of such a procedure are provided, please let me know. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

:)

Side note, I would totally shave the back/sides after getting smp, and then leave the top at a grade 1/2.

That is my theory, unsure if its possible :S

Plenty of people have had strip and fue scars treated, but normally as part of the full package. Also been mooted when the talk was about combining SMP and FUE then the tiny scars could  be treated.Noeason why you can't just get the scrars done, price will be at an hourly rate I guess.

Thanks Bobobaldy for your reply. 

I really appreciate any comments of those that can provide vital information for big decisions such as those I am currently facing. 

I am glad to hear that FUE scars are concealable (to a certain extent) with smp. 

I have attached a photo of my donor area to try and coax some more replies from others. I know the hair isn't shaved so it will impossible to tell the exact severity of the scars. I will shave my head one day, so this will become more clear.

If anyone is reading this forum, please tell me ANYTHING you know about smp disguising FUE scars. If possible, please refer to the specifics of my case, such as smp being applied only to the donor area. 

IMG_1004.jpg

looks like a good head of hair on top and just a bit depleted in doner area , if your hair looks as good from the front I  dont think you have much to worry about , if you shave the back and sides like a squady should look good , I had 3 failed fue sessions and mine looks ok - if you look at the you tube HIS videos there are a couple of good examples of scar coverage

Thanks for the interesting responses. 

I am very happy for all of those who love their smp, however I dont feel like the 'full treatment' is the look I would like to go for. 

However- I do have an interesting question I would like to ask. Say if my hair loss progressed to a nw6, I would have some transplanted hair on top, but the back would be down to a horseshoe and maybe the sides could drop slightly. My question is, theoretically, could smp be used to fill just the back of the head and sides, and sport a very short length of hair on top? Has this ever been done? Obviously, it would assume that a decent level of coverage could be achieved with transplanted hair on top. 

Unfortunately, I have never shaved my head so I don't know how bad the FUE dots are. I do feel like they would definitely be visible if I shaved down to the bone. 

I had 3 failed FUE @ DHI in Greece and was always shaved completly all over and no body ever spotted my dots , have someone you trust have a look , no need to panic SMP done by an expert is an amazing solution but you appear to still have lots of hair so perhaps for you its a solution for the years to come , the only guy left at HIS who has worked on me is Danny in Manchester and I trust him 101% if you are close to Manchester give them a ring and pop in just to put your mind at rest as to what a good product/solution this is and no hard sell like a Transplant clinic