Sign in to follow this  
SickOfHidingIt

Faux scars, What's your opinion

I did a search and found only a few comments/opinions on this.  I am considering a fake scar to make things look even more realistic.  In reality, I have zero scars on my head but wonder, what is everyone's opinion on this?  Is it a good option, or a stupid idea!

Not a fan. In my opinion it draws unnecessary attention on the "hair"/SMP, But to each their own. I have a small real scar on the back of my head which my practitioner pigmented, but unlike the rest of my SMP the pigments on the scar completely faded away within a week or so. I can not count how many people noticed that damn scar and left some comment (What's this? What have you done there?, and so on). Personally I hate that.

I dont think its a good idea, as someone else said it draws attention to the SMP. What I would like to see is a thinned crown look, and realistically thinned temple corners. I feel like SMP could be done a bit darker if these areas are realistically thinned. Plus no one honestly would shave their head to the skin with a full head of hair, there should be more emphasis on creating "imperfection" within a good treatment.

Honestly I know many who have shaved their heads with a full head of hair.  Not just military guys either.  Personally I think it looks pretty cool!.  I agree with making things naturally imperfect in appearance.  Sharp dark edges aren't for me.  I don't think I will thin the crown but the temples, I am 50, my temples shouldn't look like my 15 year old son's.

Too me they do not add to the look of an authentic replication of simulated hair and it just draws your eyes to it. 

I would be more concerned with getting a good practitioner that can achieve the look of real hair rather than real scars.