Sign in to follow this  
Lucifer666

Blending

I finished my second session in San Francisco 11 days ago. Overall was really pleased with the initial result, but right now it looks pretty artificial I.e. you can clearly see where my hair ends and smp begins. The top is a little darker than the sides so my question is could this blending issue be fixed in my third session or will it fade more in the coming weeks to match the sides?

Give it a month and you will get a better picture of the final fading (it fades more over time but extremely slowly if you take care of it). Blending can be easily achieved by putting more SMP inside your existing hair maybe with a slightly lighter ink and lighter needle touch. That's what they did for mine. I found that it was quite painful having the SMP done lower on the back of the head and above the ears, which most people don't do, but it's worth it for good blending.

Blending seems to be the toughest thing to achieve.

If the practitioner is playing it really safe using too light of an ink I feel it it may take 4 or 5 sessions to get a proper blend from your real hair to the simulated hair.

I do also find scalp micro pigmentation to be rather painful on the temples and lower crown on the back of the head.