Sign in to follow this  
Thinking_about_it

Shaving bald for the first time

My Story,

I started losing my hair in my mid-twenties. IT started out with receding hairline and it has been thinning every sense. In my mid-thirties I decided to do something about it and had a strip surgery (I had around 2000 graft put around my temples and front hair line). That was over 8 years ago. I started taking medication but that was a pain and it messed up my sex drive so I stopped. I have always worn a cap all the time and still do.

This pass year I started to cut my hair closer because the thinning was getting bad on top and front. (I have been using a number 2 and 3 guard)

I recently looked in the mirror and wanted to see what the back of my head looked like so I used my phone camera to view it. I was shocked by how much hair I have lost and didn’t even realize it. In my mind I just had a thinning buzz cut, but in reality, I had become completely bald in the back. I now have the horseshoe shape. The number 2 and 3 guard do not work now… I look like I have clown hair!!

I haven’t never had my hair cut that short and I’m not sure how it will look with being cut with no guard. I'm worried about the strip surgery scar in the back.  

I'm in my early 40’s now and recently my Girl Friend of 5 years left me for a younger guy (she is in her mid 30’s). The bad part about it, is when I look in the mirror I can’t really blame her. I have let myself go downhill, maybe it’s a wakeup call for me to get off my ass and do something.  Is it too late at 40?  I’m posting my before pictures. I’m going to shave my head and looking into a gym membership. I’m not sure about smp yet. Should I go with no guard or shave it down? What razor should I use?   any advice would be appreciated

i personally think SMP would be a great boost for you, I started going to the gym as soon as my treatment settled. Shaved head look + muscles and I look like a different guy.

Maybe a good idea to send your photos to HIS and ask for them a simulation to see how you might look with smp. I think they use photoshop or something.