Sign in to follow this  
blondie70

Blonde Hair SMP and Possible Future Log

Hey guys, 

This will be my first post on this forum, but I have been lurking on here for a while already. I know that SMP is not only possible for those with light hair, but also often times, looks pretty damn good. I have seen a few examples so far, such as the Bald Ego, Magnus, and

Ray in the before and after area. I have seen a few people like Kojak, who went darker on their entire head. From what I can tell this looks good too, under the right circumstances. Kojak if you're still on here, or anyone else who did something similar, I would like to see what that looks like, with more pictures. 

Any way, the bottom line is that I am almost certain that I am going to get this procedure done soon. I am 27 years old and probably a NW 2.5 slowly moving towards a 3 and beyond. I still wear my hair medium length and im pretty sure that no one really knows that I am balding yet. I doubt that I can get away with this for much longer though. Instead of taking drugs for the rest of my life that would potentially kill my boners and my wallet, I have decided that a shaved head plus SMP is a much better long term solution. It kind of fits my lifestyle as it is anyways. I am a personal trainer and small business owner and the low maintenance, alpha, military look appeals to me. If I get this procedure done soon I doubt anyone, except for a select few, would even ever know that I was balding at all, which would also be ideal. I would be looking to shave it down, for the first time, about the same time as getting SMP. This is something that some of you, may advise against, but I feel like its the best option for me. 

I guess my questions for you guys would be: 

1. Can someone with as much hair as I have left get SMP without issue? 

2. Can I get some input from other light haired/light skinned guys who have had this done? Pics are awesome too

3. Any general input/advice from anyone else would be appreciated too. 

Thanks everyone! This truly seems like an awesome group of people on here. I look forward to being part of the community and sharing my results when I eventually do get the procedure done myself. 

I will most likely have it done in NYC. I was planning on shaving down the day before the procedure if that is an option. I still have to schedule the consultation. That will be something I do in the next few months. 

Thanks for the input so far guys. I am glad to hear that the spot in NYC is still up and running. 

PassiveAggressive, glad yo hear that I am not alone! Would you mind posting any pics of what your procedure looks like? 

I removed my pictures a while ago for privacy reasons, but it still looks good 4 years on. I wouldn't say I went dark all over, my treatment tapers lighter down towards the temple, ears and neckline with the same ink (30) mainly by difference of needle pressure. 

I'm not blonde though, more of a mousey brown, and I'm not sure I've seen a blonde treatment that looks convincing. It's more a case of blondes needing to recreate light brown hair stubble for their SMP to work. Blonde stubble is basically invisible.

Thanks for the feedback. I would agree, for the most part about blonde hair stubble. My hair is medium to darker blonde and my beard comes in reddish brown so I could probably do something similar to what you did, maybe just at a slightly lighter shade. 

It seems like this would likely be the best option. I would rather have the treatment be visible in multiple lighting scenarios. If and when, I do get this done, is there anything to tell the practitioner? I know that SMP is done this way some of the time, but more often the practitioner is just matching existing hair. Btw, I totally respect removing the pics for privacy reasons. The less pictures floating around the better, probably. If you'd be willing to message any over I would appreciate it, if not no worries

Hey brother, sorry for the late reply. I’ll shoot a few pics to you as soon as possible.

The only thing I told my practitioner was my desire for a more receded look. Other than that, they are professionals and know just what to do. Honestly, I firmly believe after you see my pics, you’ll jump in head first.

I myself am in a VERY similar situation. NW2,blonde, just want to get it done so I can stop being a finasteride and toppik slave. I was thinking about doing my entire head a slightly darker shade, almost as if I had brown hair. Would this be a good idea? Could I also receive those pictures?

On 05/10/2017 at 3:04 PM, Lt.Col Kojak Slaphead III said:

I removed my pictures a while ago for privacy reasons, but it still looks good 4 years on. I wouldn't say I went dark all over, my treatment tapers lighter down towards the temple, ears and neckline with the same ink (30) mainly by difference of needle pressure. 

I'm not blonde though, more of a mousey brown, and I'm not sure I've seen a blonde treatment that looks convincing. It's more a case of blondes needing to recreate light brown hair stubble for their SMP to work. Blonde stubble is basically invisible.

Old thread I know, but having trawled through the forums for a few months I must have missed this post. This might work for me too....