Sign in to follow this  
willgreen

2 Years Post SMP Reflection

thanks a lot Will. That helps a lot. By six treatments do you mean 6 sessions including the first set when you got it?

Its interesting what you said about comments. But I guess people mean different things when they say 'bald'. A norwood 7 with a shaved head (with follicles visible as a shade for the horseshoe) and an SMP head both look bald to people (well, some people), but the second one makes you look your age. The former makes you look older. I dont think you would have got 'you look older than you are' comments after you got an SMP, have you? As someone who went bald at his 20s, I have got these the most. At the end of the day, irrespective of what people say,  I think having an SMP boosts one's confidence way more than a shaven non-smp head would give them. Am I right? I am still considering SMP but based on what I have gathered, this seems to be the key.

I have had six treatments total. The final two were me being fussy and wanting hairline lowered. This was because initially I wanted receded and requested it but the more comfortable I became with the treatment the more I wanted density and a Lower hairline. TBH I have had people guess my age and they normally pick anywhere between 25 and 35. I'm 30. They say it's difficult as I have no hair. When I went bald at 21 I would also get guesses between 25 and 35 so I guess I haven't aged in nine years lol.smp is always better then the alternative. Definitely.

I totally get what you mean about comments, I've had the same ones. Keep in mind that some people use the word "bald" to mean a shaved head. I've known one person describe Walter White as "bald" despite clearly shaving his head. 

SMP is highly dependent on lighting. I find that warm lighting like 2700K will make it look almost invisible whereas it's very visible in neutral or daylight. It's also invisible with the sun behind casting a shadow on the scalp.