Sign in to follow this  
Surfer21

Worst Decision ever

I am in no way trying to attack anyone on the forum. I am only trying to make sure this does not happen to anyone ales and that they educate themselves and choose the right practitioner and are prepared for the possibility of a bad outcome. I am in no way trying to tell anyone not to go ahead with the procedure as My first 2 sessions with Dave were great with great results so I know His Hair Practitioners are capable of great results. I just want to make people aware that with all the good results bad results do happen and its a difficult road ahead for those who experience it.       

Think twice before you go ahead and have this procedure. Research your practitioner. 

Here is a bit about my SMP with His Hair. I had my first 2 treatments done a couple of years ago with a great practitioner who was very professional and did a pretty good job it wasn't perfect but it looked decent.

last year I had to go and get 2 more treatments done that is where the nightmare began. Unfortunately my original practitioner left His Hair and I had to go with a new practitioner. I explained to my new practitioner what I was looking for when it came to my hairline and I specified over and over again how I did not want him to go to dark.

My experience with the new practitioner was horrible, he rescheduled on me twice and on my appointment days he showed up over an hour late both times and seemed as though he was in a hurry to leave, very unprofessional.

Getting to the mess on my head, he made the pigment extremely dark very unnatural, completely ruined my hairline and made it extremely uneven and unrealistic. The dots are very large and dark all blotched together.  This experience has made me more depressed then ever, before I was a bald guy now as someone has told me I am a bald guy who painted his head.

I had discussed this issue with HIS Hair and they provided me with a refund which didn't do me much good considering I am currently spending it on having laser treatment to remove the SMP so at the end of it I will spend my heard earned money to have nothing. I have had 2 laser treatments so far at $400 each and the dermatologist is telling me I might need at least 3 more.

Even after the laser treatment its still dark as hell. I have resorted to covering it up with concealer to lighten it enough to where it doesn't look horrible. 

Before you go ahead and have this done think really really hard, being out money is one thing but going through the emotional and physically pain of having poor results and having to have them removed is horrible. 

Dont get suckered into this through these forums do your research. 

By the way Surfer, I'm sorry you're going through all that. All of us here know the trials and tribulations of dealing with hair loss. SMP is an awesome solution for those it works out for. Your experience is probably the biggest fear we all have going into this. Even I have been considering a 5th treatment but always wonder should I just be happy with the great results I have or try to chase absolute perfection? But there is always he risk of the next treatment not working out.

I hope you find some peace soon.

This is the dark crooked mess my practitioner created. It looks a million times worse in person. The hairline is so uneven and the pigment is extremely dark not even close to matching my sides. These pictures were taken after 2 laser treatments so you can only imagine how dark it was originally. At least 3 more laser treatments necessary.  One side of my hairline is straight the other round what was the thought process there wow.

Here are some pics of what it looked like previous to laser treatment. 

post-300798-0-49431800-1433598327_thumb.jpg
post-300798-0-56162400-1433598338_thumb.jpg
post-300798-0-97056900-1433598193_thumb.jpg

and here are some pics before I switched practitioners 

post-300798-0-57287900-1433599803_thumb.jpg
post-300798-0-22531400-1433599796_thumb.jpg
post-300798-0-42481600-1433598677_thumb.jpg
post-300798-0-65755600-1433598693_thumb.jpg

It looked great at first, and I understand the problems with the second... Skin tone and pigment color is important... the contrast is big... From my experience with laser, what you are looking at is not to lighten the bad treatment, what you will have to do is get rid of all of it, and start from scratch, after laser, be careful with sun exposure, your skin is not the same for about 2-3 months, not sure what their policy is exactly but in a sense you have to jettison all the ink and start over... The bright light is the fact that you have seen how good it could be, so there is hope.. I believe needle penetration is paramount, and the shade to match skin or existing follicles.... Moisturize your dome frequently and there are things that can help increase skin thickness as I have experienced thinner skin since laser... Their is some product I think from loreal or one of those, that increases volume, it seems to work.. slowly albeit, but I think you've got a fighting chance, since you have seen the magic of it previously, now your biggest concern is your scalp skin, and than you can start your journey back to the promise land... Hang in there man..

Really sorry this happened to you. Thanks for posting and warning others. Also glad to see this thread was not deleted. How can you pay 5000 dollars and this happen? How is that even possible? The dots are huge. I can't imagine getting a treatment like that after paying that much money. Scary. All the best man.

From the pics it looks like the practitioner over did the density on top of making it too dark.

I lived with 3 sessions for a year. Was satisfied but definitely needed more density. Went for a 4th with the same practitioner. Explained my desire for more density but was clear I didn't want to over do it. After a fourth I could probably get away with a little more density still. So a good practitioner will know less is more with those procedure.

The lesson for those going into this is be as clear as possible with what you want to see done. Better to talknit over again and again to make sure you're on the same page with your practitioner. Those practitioners that don't have that natural artistic eye will tend to take your request 100% literal.

When you're paying that kind of money you shouldn't have to guess or have faith your practitioner knows what he or she is doing. Or if he or she even cares or is in a hurry and doesn't want to be there. You shouldn't have to be expected to carry the responsibility of telling them over and over again how you want it to look when finished. Then crossing your fingers and hoping he or she was listening or even cares.The practitioner should be skilled and attentive enough to know what results you want after the consultation and be able to deliver them. More then just "decent" and what the second guy did would fill me with so much anger I don't know what I would do if I was you. That this can even happen is why I'm glad I haven't went through with a smp. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

When you're paying that kind of money you shouldn't have to guess or have faith your practitioner knows what he or she is doing. Or if he or she even cares or is in a hurry and doesn't want to be there. You shouldn't have to be expected to carry the responsibility of telling them over and over again how you want it to look when finished. Then crossing your fingers and hoping he or she was listening or even cares.The practitioner should be skilled and attentive enough to know what results you want after the consultation and be able to deliver them. More then just "decent" and what the second guy did would fill me with so much anger I don't know what I would do if I was you. That this can even happen is why I'm glad I haven't went through with a smp. I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

I get your point. It's an expensive procedure and you expect to get excellent results for the money you're spending.

But at the end of the day the world doesn't work how it "should." And further more this is performed by people. Not a machine programmed perfectly. There will always be room for human error.

There are so many factors at play. We all might under perform at our jobs when we have things weighing on us in our personal life. We might have missed lunch and are hungry and not focused. Maybe we are a little under the weather. Those things can't be controlled all the time.

Though a true professional will do better at leaving the baggage home or maybe rescheduling if they know they're not fit to give 100%.

All the more reason practitioners should be able to be named. Obviously the guy who worked on surfer isn't the most professional. Future clients who take the time to do their homework should be able to know to not request him.

Likewise the really good and professional practitioners can be named and requested so that new clients or those looking for touch ups know they're getting their money's worth so to speak.

Oh another piece of advice I'd give to anyone looking for a touch up....leave the hairline alone. When I went for my fourth session I told my practitioner to not touch the hairline at all. I didn't want a single new dot added outside of what already existed.

The exception being of course if you're trying to change how the hair line itself looks.

But if you just want more density or to freshen up an old SMP follow my advice. The hairline should be sacred.

This procedure cost to much for there to be poor to mediocre practitioners within the company. Or one's who "are tired" or "having bad days". What happened to Surfer should never happen. Not only is he out a ton of money he has to get this thing lasered off and HOPE it doesn't leave any scars or damage his skin. This company needs to change the policy about not naming practitioners ASAP. So other people don't have to go through this nightmare.

Surfer 

i feel for you i hope it all goes well for you

This is the reason why i haven't had the work done, i just don't get that you are given a practitioner and your not aloud to choose or request one.........

when i had my tattoo done on my arm i done my research until i was happy and confident that they would complete the work to the way i wanted it done!

bottom line is SMP is a TATTOO and you should be able to choose your practitioner as we are the one spending our hard earn money

good luck Surfer

I think I gotta call bullshit on this topic

Theres no fu&kin way the tech in Toronto did DOTS like that

You got pics after the actual session?..at the clinic?..with HIS poster or something in the background of that clinic... that us Canadians will recognize for proof?

And why would HIS refund you your sessions money...instead of paying for your laser sessions??

And if your lasering costs you that much...youre getting ripped off

Fadingfast clinic in Toronto...just up the road a bit...would laser ur whole head clean off...in one session...around $500-$600 bucks

Youd be totally bald again...zero ink whatsoever...but painful slower session of course

It looks like you got ur SMP done in prison or something, ha

NO WAY J@%& did that!

He does the smallest dots you can make

I had like 4 different techs do my head...and his were the smallest...tiniest as you can get...just like a real hair

I smell bullshit

Some other shitty jealous Toronto clinic as usual

I had to argue with the Toronto tech for like half an hr...just to go down 1 single shade on my head!

And that was for my last 2 sessions...30 mins of arguing before each of those last sessions

Thats how much care he takes with needling you

He would have never went that dark...and his work dont look like a 10 yr old kid with a tattoo gun

He couldve done a better job then what you have...with a few broken fingers on his tattooing hand!...and one eye closed!

Fu&k this topic

Lets see actual proof that Toronto tech did this...

Or HIS receipt of refunded money...that someone here in charge can verify the HIS receipt email with header and so forth

Not something you typed up yourself on MicrosoftWord or Photoshoped

THEN Ill consider it...only then

Lets see something..........

Im guessing the Toronto clinic has an advocate attacking me telling me what I am saying is bullshit. Well its not and I live it every day and there is no way that one session would ever remove anyones results not possible, after 2 sessions my head is still crazy dark. I have plenty of emails to back up my story. The only bullshit on here is your comment and you trying to discredit my results at the hands of the Toronto clinic practitioner. 

I think I gotta call bullshit on this topic

Theres no fu&kin way the tech in Toronto did DOTS like that

You got pics after the actual session?..at the clinic?..with HIS poster or something in the background of that clinic... that us Canadians will recognize for proof?

And why would HIS refund you your sessions money...instead of paying for your laser sessions??

And if your lasering costs you that much...youre getting ripped off

Fadingfast clinic in Toronto...just up the road a bit...would laser ur whole head clean off...in one session...around $500-$600 bucks

Youd be totally bald again...zero ink whatsoever...but painful slower session of course

It looks like you got ur SMP done in prison or something, ha

NO WAY J@%& did that!

He does the smallest dots you can make

I had like 4 different techs do my head...and his were the smallest...tiniest as you can get...just like a real hair

I smell bullshit

Some other shitty jealous Toronto clinic as usual

I had to argue with the Toronto tech for like half an hr...just to go down 1 single shade on my head!

And that was for my last 2 sessions...30 mins of arguing before each of those last sessions

Thats how much care he takes with needling you

He would have never went that dark...and his work dont look like a 10 yr old kid with a tattoo gun

He couldve done a better job then what you have...with a few broken fingers on his tattooing hand!...and one eye closed!

Fu&k this topic

Lets see actual proof that Toronto tech did this...

Or HIS receipt of refunded money...that someone here in charge can verify the HIS receipt email with header and so forth

Not something you typed up yourself on MicrosoftWord or Photoshoped

THEN Ill consider it...only then

Lets see something..........

Cutlass...you often say some..."silly" things for lack of a kinder word. If there was any suspicion that Surfer was a fake trying to bad mouth the company Ed would have shut down this thread long ago.

So..the funniest part of all this is that you've managed to horribly insult he practitioner that you were trying to defend. Surfers story is legit..so by your own words the practitioner in Torontos work looks like a 10 year old with a tattoo gun..in prison. Lol.

Now I can relate to your passion for a practitioner who did a great job on you. So...perhaps there is a chance it's a different practitioner at that office? In either case, as I said if the story was bullshit it would have been a closed topic.