Sign in to follow this  
sparklefingers

Shine and realism of the procedure

OK,

SO, i had treatment done about 3 years ago, I must point out that I do not regret having it done, 

and I would rather have it done than not, 

but I would be interested if anyone else like me feels that, especially at night with the shine from artificial light that to most people you are just still BALD, am I the only one who feels like this?

I read so many posts of people saying how people think they now have hair, yes Ive had a few comments over the years to this affect, but just as many comment from people who still think Im bald 

I'm constantly trying new ways to stop the shine at night, if you ever sweat by the way, its all over 

anybody else in the same camp???

No, you aren't the only one.  Anyone who shaves down to the skin and doesn't experience 'bald' moments in various lighting conditions and reflections is either fibbing, unaware, or very very lucky. 

There's been times where ive been out and seen myself in a reflection and thought 'dang that looks good, and i feel like a million bucks'... but there's also been times when i have caught myself in a reflection and wanted to immediately leave and go home.  It's a downside to the treatment, and it's important that people are fully aware of it.

That being said, nearly everyone i can remember seeing complain about this issue, still says that they dont regret the treatment.  In other words, the positives outweigh the negatives. 

What's up with the sarcasm directed at me alec?  I'm hoping that im reading too much into it, because you seem to be implying that my feelings upon seeing myself in bad reflections aren't legitimate, but they very much are.  Yes, real hair shaved to the skin also disappears under bright lights, but that doesn't make it not suck when you catch a reflection of yourself in a bad lighting condition.  In fact, i've often said that that may be one of the reasons you dont see more people with full heads of hair shaved down to the skin... because of how bad it can look in certain conditions.

By the way, sparklefingers asked if anyone else experienced SMP disappearing under bright lights, and you said "no".  That contradicts previous posts you have made where you have said that your SMP disappears under bright lighting, and im pretty sure i also remember you complaining about looking bald in a picture, and asking if anti-shine would prevent that from happening.

As i said earlier, it's important that we dont mislead anyone reading this forum into thinking that the few downsides to SMP (like disappearing under bright lights) dont exist... even if it isn't something that particularly bothers you.