Sign in to follow this  
jar

Balding clippers

Hi mate. I used to wet shave everyday now I'm using a brain 3 series foil shaver. It's good and it doesn't leave my head as shiny or irritate my skin like when I used to wet shave. I'm going to use a balding clippers that cuts down to a 0.2 grade as I still have a little bit of hair left on top to see how it looks and if I could get away with shaving with a 0.2 grade everyday

I have adapted my standard Wahl clippers by unscrewing the blades and moving them together with no gap therefore if I feel like running with a little stubble... (make sure the blades run parallel or you'll cut yourself up) feels like about twenty four hours growth.

I already posted elsewhere, but just picked up the Philips Norelco OneBlade over the weekend. Really like it so far. It's very minimalistic, fast, comfy, and cheap. Holds a charge for 40 minutes. Works better and faster than my new Norelco rotary, and less messy and time-consuming than wet shaving. Paid U$D 34.99, I think. I have already stored my wet razor in the drawer, and boxed the rotary to return to Costco. Best shaving solution for me so far.

Hi bald ego. I had the norcelo one blade in my hand to buy in boots today. Why I didn't buy it was there is no 0.2 or 0.5 blade. I went for the Philips instead. I want to find a shaver that will leave the minimum amount of stubble possible.

:confused: My rotary is under the Norelco name, but the OneBlade is Philips-Norelco. Same company.

Wish others with the OneBlade would weigh in here... mine seems to get the perfect close stubble length for SMP. Any closer would be too close.

I purchased the Philips one blade today. I can't wait to try it out. Asian guy It's possible to get a balding clippers that cuts to a 0.2 grade. I'll let you know how I get on with the Philips one blade.

Update: I’d been using a Braun Series 7 for quite a long time after participating in this thread. It’s a very good shaver; no complaints.

I had forgotten about my OneBlade, and it’d been sitting in a drawer for well over a year – maybe even 18 months. But two weeks ago...

I pulled out the old OneBlade and fired it up for a shave. And I really, really liked it! Haven’t used my go-to Braun even once since rediscovering the OneBlade. Why? Read on...

The OneBlade seems quicker, and less trouble to use. It weighs next to nothing, and is the essence of simplicity. I end up using it daily without resenting the ordeal of shaving, whereas my Braun would only get used every 2-3 days. Quick touchups were a breeze with the OneBlade. And I like the quality and barely-gritty length of the stubble it leaves on my face/head. Because it seems so easy and “friendly” to use, I end up looking freshened-up with my SMP much more of the time.

The ONLY thing I haven’t liked about the OneBlade is the placement of the on/off button on the handle where I inadvertently turn off the shaver quite a lot just while naturally gripping it. IMO, the button should’ve been placed at the end of the handle – but it’s only a niggle of a complaint compared to the overall experience.

A bargain at $35, although you need to swap the head (blades) regularly to maintain a good shave. Can’t recall for certain, but I think they’re supposed to last about four months at a replacement blade cost of about $12.

Anyway, hope that helps. Maybe others who’ve tried the OneBlade can add their opinion. Until further notice, I plan to stick with the OneBlade as my everyday shaver. Oh... I forgot to mention that it’s wet/dry rated, and you can just rinse it off before tossing it in a drawer between uses. 

I am using the Wahl Balding Clipper. It‘s an excellent clipper in my opinion. That thing is a tank and shaves almost down to the bone but still leaving a bit of a sandpaper feel.