Hi everyone

Four years from getting my treatment done I'm back on the forum  :D. I had significant hair loss in my early/mid 20's which was definitely not a pleasant experience as a young man it is considered too young to be bald. I think people who go bald in their 20s are much more affected than somebody who goes bald in their 30s/40s. I'm now in my late 20s and I have overcome the insecurity that I had when I was younger.

I see that they are doing in-house laser removal now which is a relief considering it will be more safe and straightforward now and there will be more information availible at hand

Can anyone who has been through the MHT removal proceedure tell me their experience on how it went and what to expect? 

How much would it cost roughly to get just the hairline removed? and are there any side effects of this laser treatment?

Would I lose any hair follicles? I dont want to lose any even though only the sides of my hair grows now

Thanks

P.S is there any other alternatives to laser removal? like a removal cream which is endorsed by HIS hair clinic?

Warning, it's quite a process, read my post, the journey, if that's the route you are gonna go, it's a process, but can be done.. good luck

Thanks bro I read your post. Looks like it's quite a long process.

At the time when I got mine done I didn't have as much hair loss as I have now so it wasn't done all over my scalp but I would say it was done on about 30 - 40% of it, I can't even remember exactly which parts it was done on, but the most that  the most that stands out right now is the hairline as it was much lower than my original hairline.

I had my smp done by hishair so I'm assuming that it should be easier to get it out  because they don't go deep into the layers of skin like other clinics and they use a different ink from other clinics which is easy to get out.

I read your post and you said "laser is not necessarily an automatic eraser, you're scalp will go through some things" what do you mean by that when you say that??

Would you mind explaining why it is you're going the laser route mrman89?

My reason is because it's been four years since I got my treatment and the ink has faded over the period of time so it doesn't always show depending on the lighting of the room. It is also not blending as well anymore since it's faded and also having more hair loss at the top of my head makes it not to blend even more. I can't be bothered to keep getting touch-ups and paying more money. I am in my late 20s now and I am alot more self-secure about being bald, and have more important things to think about.

It was hard to come to terms with before because I been balding since my late teens but I realised there are much more important things than my hair.

I think the treatment was good for helping me come to terms with being bald so I wouldn't change a thing to be honest.

Would you mind explaining why it is you're going the laser route mrman89?

Another thing was that I got my hairline done too sharp and perfectly shaped which makes it look more unrealistic, if I got a softer hairline initially I think I could probably still get away with it right now

Interesting info. Reading back over your prior posts, it sounds as though you wanted to remove all of the SMP work. But you opted for softening just the hairline – is that right? What about the blending issues from fading that you had mentioned? Hope you will be happy with the outcome.

Interesting info. Reading back over your prior posts, it sounds as though you wanted to remove all of the SMP work. But you opted for softening just the hairline – is that right? What about the blending issues from fading that you had mentioned? Hope you will be happy with the outcome.

I did want to remove all of what was there but when I checked it with the staff there wasnt much on my head to be honest because when I got the SMP done originally i didn't have as much hair loss so I think it was blended, the only smp that is clearly visible on my head is the hairline and the bald spot on the back of my head,

i didnt opt for just getting the hairline softened I am getting the hairline completely removed as it stands out and you can see that it's clearly not my hair, I'm hoping that it will all fade out from this 1 session but if it doesn't then I will have to go for a 2nd one in December, I'm not so bothered about the SMP in the bald spot at the back of my head but I will probably get it done at a later time 

In regards to the blending issues I thought the hairline was lighter than the colour of the remaning hair on my head shaved but when I went in for the laser removal one of the staff I was speaking to said it was actually darker than the remaining hair on my head shaved, not sure how that works out but that's what she said

But overall I'm just happy to be getting it removed and moving on with my life and be mentally free and not always wondering if people can tell wether my hair is fake or not