Sign in to follow this  
Gunbunny

Chicago Clinic Consultation w/ current pics.... I think I'm gonna do it!

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm new to this forum but not hair loss.... Now as everyone already know, hair loss can be a kick in the nuts to your self esteem. But anyway, long story short, I'm from Chicago and driving to downtown is always painful. On the way over to my appointment, I had so many doubts as to what I was doing. I never imagined actually trying to do something about my hair loss, especially tattooing my head. I met the practitioner. Guys, as soon as I walked in I saw his treatment and I got a glimmer of hope. This guy was awesome and his hair/head looked great. If I didn't know any better, I would walked out of there thinking this guy was blessed with a bad ass hairline. So in talking to him and seeing it up front, I was immediately convinced. Im going to moved forward with the treatment but I still have my doubts. I just hope it looks just as awesome and undetectable. Which is my biggest concern. I went ahead and tentatively scheduled, so I will be posting pictures of my progress. I never blogged in any forum but I feel it's the right thing to do for the next guy, as I know how damaging this issue can be to someone's self esteem. Anyways thanks for listening, I will keep you guys posted! I'm like a Norwood 2/3 btw. Still have a significant amount of hair with a bad hairline.

I'm posting some pics, I just shaved my head down, tired of the comb over which held on great until I started sweating or a gust of wind blew my hair apart lol I'll show u the pics....

Confidence and owning it is the key

We are all different and will have different results

Research heavily on hairline and density. Know what to expect straight after the procedure

If you get hairline or density too aggressive it won't look right

Start light and build up to your final result of realism

Good luck and keep everyone posted

Chicago worked on me as well, it's been one year and couldn't be happier.  Right before I had the work done my main concern was if people would notice.  But a year later my confidence is so much better that other peoples thoughts really aren't that much of a concern to me.

Even though they always have been.

Hey gunbunny having a consult this week still nervous. I was just wondering if the practioner told you what Norwood he was before his treatment.Goodluck on your treatment

Thanks gents for the words of encouragement. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for this treatment. As soon as I get my financials together, I will be booking an appointment. I just took my hair down with the clippers to see more or less how I would look. When I was younger I rocked a bald fade and always hated my hair when I had it. I grew it to cover up my hairline. Anywho... I'm nervous needless to say but I guess I'm more than ready to rip off my hat....

Plugs- Mike mentioned he was a NW6 before.... Now, I have seen a lot more conservative shades and hairlines on here. His is a little darker and more defined. He pulls it off like a bad ass. I was less than a foot from him and I was in aww. I trust it. I just hope it looks great on me.

Well done Gunbunny!

I know, how you are feeling now! I had done my 3rd session in January, but only hours after my 1st session, I knew I do the right thing! After 1st session I also felt, that I have real hair again! :D

You are on a very good way  - enjoy! ;)

Does anyone know if it's normal for your skin to be bumpy where u had the procedure done. I'm on 72 hours. The redness has gone down a bit but my skin is bumpy and has like very small pimple like spots on it.

Felt extremely horrible right now. I haven't told me GF but she asked. Her reaction was that of what the fuck did I do to myself. Seriously made me second guess what I did. I'm hoping for a good turn out, as she mentioned that it looked fake. :( the in between process is horrible. Hoping it fades and starts looking good soon. Yikes!

the first few days def looks fake, it did for me as well.  after the first shower and shave it looks better. then you have the 2nd treatment which makes it look even better.  than it'll will start to fade even more after that, in a good way.

Don't you worry about it looking fake, I can understand her being sceptic however just seeing it as this and having no knowledge of it. The second session will bring it to completion and even then you might want a 3rd or even a 4th to blend in with your existing hair, also it looks so much more realistic after each session thanks to different shades and density. Aaaand it needs to heal and settle in/fade a bit

Thanks guys! I was freaking out for a second there. It has started to fade and I buzzed it down. It's looking a whole lot better, looking forward to session 2 next week. I don't know how you would get away with this if you had to go in to work the next day and not wear a hat. The redness of my temples gave me away. Anyways, thanks for tuning in and I appreciate all the feedback. Here is a pic of session 1 day 5.

post-303948-0-31949200-1458518891_thumb.jpeg

Just an update. I'm on s2 going on 3rd day tomorrow. There was definitely less redness than in the previous session. Just gotta say that I am absolutely floored by the results right now. If this fresh cut stays like this. I would have spent the wisest amount of money ever. So far so good! I'll keep you guys posted.

I've gotten one compliment at work. A coworker asked me what the hell happened to my temples last week. And I responded by taking off my hat and showing him my head, told him that I'm hiding some real bad razor burn. He said wow man, the bald head looks good on you. lol who would of thought. :) thank you practitioner! You know who u are! Good feeling man. Ive been hiding this for so long. Can wait to see how it holds up, it looks awesome right now!