Sign in to follow this  
sm7

Panicking! 8 days after 2nd.

First I want to say that  I don't want to bad mouth anyone, or panic anyone on the fence.  Its been 8 days after my second treatment, what i was told i'd need since i was a norwood 3, and the dots are still too dark, It doesn't blend with my existing hair and it looks like there are some that are too close together, its too difficult to take a side profile pic but it doesn't match either, i'm terrified i will be found out.  Has anyone else had a similiar experience and it's turned round after a few more days?  The first two pictures were taken wednesday and the 3rd thu night, 7 and 8 days after.

post-303714-0-01586500-1456464312_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-60233800-1456464426_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-25946800-1456464583_thumb.jpg

Too blurry to really get a good idea of anything with those pics.... i can see some dark areas in the first one, but cant really see if it's an issue.  You are still in the range of the initial fading process (1-3 weeks, roughly), which is usually more aggressive than long-term fading.  I would recommend waiting until at least three weeks have passed, and then evaluate the situation, possibly with better pictures.

So, to sum up, i see no need to panic at this point.  Give it another couple of weeks, and then see where it's at.  The dark areas i am seeing in the first pic dont look like enough of an issue to make people notice it (this is only based on a blurry picture, though).

Yeah the photos aren't the best, it's not a great camera, i'll try again later in daylight.  It definitely looks worse in the mirror/ in person.  Plus its such a big change, had medium/long hair, that people will probably look more at me

Is your head completely smooth feeling yet or still a touch rough? Rough will mean big scabs covered in ink will still be there enlarging the dots. Also id say it will need a 3rd anyway, bit more density and the dots will blend.

Mines was near pure black for a good 3-4 weeks prior one of my sessions. Then out of the blue it looked perfect, except one section on my temple stayed dark and never once went lighter and that was 9 months. I lasered it off anyway because i didnt want that section as it was a practitioner mistake anyway. Too short/long etc you'd read about it in my diary, which i dont think i ever updated after that stressful time haha. Everything worked out fine, and it will with you too. Good luck.

I think part of the issue when viewing In a mirror can be our eyes can only see a small portion of the front of the head. When you try to see the sides and top in a mirror it's looks lighter from an angle. We cannot see the blending, particularly when most of the hair loss has been frontal.

Thanks Honda

I think all the scabs are gone, it's difficult to tell on most of my head.  But the smp only bits are definitely smooth.  To be fair they have been supportive and contacted me today to try and sort it out asap.

Yeah, JWINGO, it probably does look worse to me, yours looks amazing btw,  I think the main problem is that the same pigment has just reacted completely different in some areas.  There are patches that look the exact same colour/size as my existing hair, and others that are just as small but quite a bit darker/too close. I went into work tonight and nobody said anything, another two days to go. Yeah Jowells,  I am hopeful though, and they have been great.  I'll update what happens after its all sorted.

Everyone does react differently, and I've heard people going back to work right after and having no problem/nobody saying anything.  Unfortunately, I went back on Saturday, 4 days after, and got a comment that made me feel terrrible, I just laughed it off, but it's hard.  Sorry about the quality.  These were taken 5 mins ago, 6 days after the third.  I don't think its ever going to lighten as much as I want (to perfectly match the sides) as it had to be made denser and the darker pigment is still showing through a little. I still have to give it time and let it settle, 6-8 weeks, then think about where I go from here.  I would say though that I think I'm a rare case of it not going great, good luck if you decide to go for it

post-303714-0-40257600-1457372171_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-62371600-1457372453_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-93132700-1457372508_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-89918400-1457372520_thumb.jpg

post-303714-0-88312800-1457372539_thumb.jpg

My suggestion is to get lazy with the shaving for a week or two as it will be dark enough to run with a day or so of stubble from looking at your pics. It will fade soon enough.

It'll fade alot more, mines was near black for 3 months before it was perfect. To just have 1 comment after only 4 days is quite good. im sure people would have asked me why i put boot polish/ paint etc on mine if i went out within a couple weeks. (luckily i can wear a hat at work and still do when im too lazy to shave etc)

SHVD - I tried letting it grow a little, which helped match colour, but it almost led to me being caught out as a girl I work with picked up on it from about four feet away and wanted a closer look, I joked that she was being creepy and she left me alone.  Rotary - started at 28, then 26, then 34.  Beetlegeuise - I think it's more the darker dots make it look like hair growing out but then obviously it isn't 3d.  Honda - thanks and I hope the dots become far less defined/dark, though 3 months is such a long time and unfortunately I can't wear a hat at work at all/have to speak to hundreds of people a day, I can't believe nobody has said anything yet.  People I work with definitely know something is up as they all have a look when they can.  Only that one previously mentioned girl is open enough to say and has asked me, on 3 separate occasions, if I've had a hair transplant as my hair didn't look like it should/ she said it looked painted on/then tried to get a closer look the other day.  She's fairly new and I went from long thick hair to this, only front temple receding with fringe, so I don't know if she even knew I was losing my hair.

Damn dude, this is why im scared. I hope his takes care of you, especially looking at the last set of pics. I know its not what you want to hear but someone has to be honest and blunt with you. It's not blending well and looks like a tattoo which is whay scares me!! Hopefully you get it worked out i will be following to see your progress as my hair line is similar to yours ..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk