Sign in to follow this  
whgoff

how realistic are we talking about

Hating Hats said "However, in a committed relationship, where you are actually living with someone day in and day out for months or years, they will know the truth. And for you to tell others that they can maintain a fake facade for years on end is simply not true."

I have lived with my woman (decent, college graduate) for over 2 years day in and day out and she does not know the truth. It is 100% true that you can maintain this fake facade (is there any other kind?) for years on end. I am living proof. 

​Hating Hats' assertion seems to stem from his disbelief that any man would choose to shave their head if they didn't have to, and any non-mentally challenged woman feels this exact same way. Which, as most of us know, is absurd. In Los Angeles where I live, lots of guys shave their heads by choice. Many women who knew me before I went bald say I look better with a shaved head than grown out hair. It's not that unusual. For some reason Hating Hats cannot wrap his scientific brain around this fact.

Now whether or not its ethical to lie to your committed partner is another question, but I intend to continue the ruse because it's working for me. That is until the day when aliens abduct us both and don't allow me to shave my head... and THEN I'm in big trouble. Shoot, maybe I should tell her...

Hating Hats said "However, in a committed relationship, where you are actually living with someone day in and day out for months or years, they will know the truth. And for you to tell others that they can maintain a fake facade for years on end is simply not true."

I have lived with my woman (decent, college graduate) for over 2 years day in and day out and she does not know the truth. It is 100% true that you can maintain this fake facade (is there any other kind?) for years on end. I am living proof. 

​Hating Hats' assertion seems to stem from his disbelief that any man would choose to shave their head if they didn't have to, and any non-mentally challenged woman feels this exact same way. Which, as most of us know, is absurd. In Los Angeles where I live, lots of guys shave their heads by choice. Many women who knew me before I went bald say I look better with a shaved head than grown out hair. It's not that unusual. For some reason Hating Hats cannot wrap his scientific brain around this fact.

Now whether or not its ethical to lie to your committed partner is another question, but I intend to continue the ruse because it's working for me. That is until the day when aliens abduct us both and don't allow me to shave my head... and THEN I'm in big trouble. Shoot, maybe I should tell her...

If you find yourself abducted by aliens so uncouth they would not let a man shave his head you will have much bigger things to worry about. Stick to your guns I say!

hahaha wow i can't believe where this thread has gone. 

I always try to be unbiased, and after reading everyone's responses on this thread, I think most people have made valid points.  In HatingHat's defense, he's not really talking about the SMP treatment itself in terms of how realistic it looks, but the maintenance aspect of it, if you don't keep up with it, opens up the possibility of you being exposed. 

I think overall, as long as you can keep up with the maintenance of shaving your head regularly, you should be able to fly under the radar without any detection.  I haven't lived with a chick for a while, and it did cross my mind when the day comes where i live with one, if she would ever find out.  I do agree that chicks are a lot more observant than we expect sometimes!

I had the procedure done years ago now.  The process does have the ability to be amazing, but I think His Hair shoots themselves in the foot with poor quality control process.  

I can also tell you that if I'm honest, I have mixed feelings about having done it myself.  I do get asked 1-2x a year if I've had my head tattooed.  People often stare at my hairline.  I'm sadly used to it but have recently asked to see a live tech for options... even thought of laser it off.  Fingers crossed.

I can give you a couple tips to make sure you have a different experience:

1- Only use the exact same technician every time.

His Hair does barebones staffing in most of their location.  Not even a receptionist.  Many have technicians that travel in and out of the location, so you may need to travel to keep the same technician but it will be worth it.  The reason I say this, is that my hairline is too dark because a different technician did a touch up and the notes left from my primary technician were very poor.  The new guy had to guess at the color and unfortunately he guessed too dark and it has not faded over the last year.  I now have a very SOLID looking front which is unnatural.  His Hair let the guys run pretty much on their own and don't even require basic quality control processes, such as having remote technician fax in notes after each session to insure they are complete and another technician could pick up without an issue.  This lack of standards in process means you need to stick to the same guy to be safe.

2- Regardless of what the sales guy tells you, there is a BIG difference between techs.

My first 2 treatments were a waste of time.  The tech I had in Chicago went way, way too light and really botched my neckline in the back.  Thankfully the ink was so light the botched job was easy to correct later.  Even my second tech scratched his head at the poor quality and my first tech was actually let go soon after.  When I complained about the back neckline to the first tech, he had the nerve to tell me "I did what you wanted".  Well I didn't know enough about the process to understand how to guide him best.  I honestly thought that fading into areas was something they would do on their own... not true with the first guy.

Once I was in the hands of a skilled tech, he was able to get things looking much better but it took time and more travel.  There was an awkward phase for sure because of it all.  I had a period of "looking good" until the botched hairline touch up that went too dark, which I explained above.  My personal experience has been... an awkward 4-5 months to dial it in.  A 12 - 14 months that looked pretty darn good.  And now a year of awkwardness because of the mono-color created by the hairline touch up that was guessed too dark.

If you follow my 2 pieces of advice:  1- only allow senior tech to work on you.  Ask to see the work of the exact person you'll be assigned and talk to a happy client or two.  2- stay with the same tech for touchups.  

I know the sales guys hate hearing this because it makes their selling harder but my real life experience proves these steps are key.  

The process can be good but the unreliability of the quality control process and tech follow up with His Hair Corp puts a lot of responsibility into your own hands if you decide to do it.

My final piece of advice is to go for it, but only with the safety steps I've offered.  I'm certain if I'd had known enough to do what I'm advising, I'd be in a very different position today.

Sorry to hear your not happy but it's been the opposite for me . I did have the same practitioner ( no names ) for my 3 sessions and my warranty session and I know she wrote down all the shades she used . I've nothing to gain now from saying this but I think his is a very fair and professional company

I had the procedure done years ago now. The process does have the ability to be amazing, but I think His Hair shoots themselves in the foot with poor quality control process.

I can also tell you that if I'm honest, I have mixed feelings about having done it myself. I do get asked 1-2x a year if I've had my head tattooed. People often stare at my hairline. I'm sadly used to it but have recently asked to see a live tech for options... even thought of laser it off. Fingers crossed.

I can give you a couple tips to make sure you have a different experience:

1- Only use the exact same technician every time.

His Hair does barebones staffing in most of their location. Not even a receptionist. Many have technicians that travel in and out of the location, so you may need to travel to keep the same technician but it will be worth it. The reason I say this, is that my hairline is too dark because a different technician did a touch up and the notes left from my primary technician were very poor. The new guy had to guess at the color and unfortunately he guessed too dark and it has not faded over the last year. I now have a very SOLID looking front which is unnatural. His Hair let the guys run pretty much on their own and don't even require basic quality control processes, such as having remote technician fax in notes after each session to insure they are complete and another technician could pick up without an issue. This lack of standards in process means you need to stick to the same guy to be safe.

2- Regardless of what the sales guy tells you, there is a BIG difference between techs.

My first 2 treatments were a waste of time. The tech I had in Chicago went way, way too light and really botched my neckline in the back. Thankfully the ink was so light the botched job was easy to correct later. Even my second tech scratched his head at the poor quality and my first tech was actually let go soon after. When I complained about the back neckline to the first tech, he had the nerve to tell me "I did what you wanted". Well I didn't know enough about the process to understand how to guide him best. I honestly thought that fading into areas was something they would do on their own... not true with the first guy.

Once I was in the hands of a skilled tech, he was able to get things looking much better but it took time and more travel. There was an awkward phase for sure because of it all. I had a period of "looking good" until the botched hairline touch up that went too dark, which I explained above. My personal experience has been... an awkward 4-5 months to dial it in. A 12 - 14 months that looked pretty darn good. And now a year of awkwardness because of the mono-color created by the hairline touch up that was guessed too dark.

If you follow my 2 pieces of advice: 1- only allow senior tech to work on you. Ask to see the work of the exact person you'll be assigned and talk to a happy client or two. 2- stay with the same tech for touchups.

I know the sales guys hate hearing this because it makes their selling harder but my real life experience proves these steps are key.

The process can be good but the unreliability of the quality control process and tech follow up with His Hair Corp puts a lot of responsibility into your own hands if you decide to do it.

My final piece of advice is to go for it, but only with the safety steps I've offered. I'm certain if I'd had known enough to do what I'm advising, I'd be in a very different position today.

I agree 100% I was lucky enough to have great results I'm thrilled with but I know it's due to picking an excellent technician.

It's really silly that some people here (outside of the HIS staff) that buy into that "all techs are equal."

At the end of the day we are talking about human being performing a very intense and artistic procedure for many hours. There is NO DEBATE. None. This isn't a matter of opinion. Humans performing anything task will vary in skill and are always open for human error. Even star athletes have a bad game and great actors put out shitty performances. But very rarely in comparison to mediocre athletes and actors. Those who have trained just as much but don't have that natural talent that simply can't be learned and practiced. And or just don't have the extra knowledge gained through actual hours of hands on experience.

I always say it, the most important factor you as a client can control is who works on your SMP. The end.

Waste your time disagreeing. Please let's hear about the great training HIS puts all its practitioners through. It really is all irrelevant. There are good techs, great techs and some that just suck. Pretending that isn't true does no one any good.

Spinner, I'm glad you had a great experience and your post supports the advice that I gave.  You're experience is different than mine and you achieved that by using the same skilled tech.  I truly believe that had I used only my second tech, from start to finish... my results would have been much better with much fewer sessions.   The only goal I had in sharing what I did was to give sound advice on how to insure the best possible outcome.

To His Hair's credit, they reached out to me after the post and believe they can remedy my case.  I sent pictures today and my fingers are crossed.