Sign in to follow this  
whgoff

how realistic are we talking about

Mr Fence, you said, "As for the exaggerated BS about lying in a coma...wtf was your point exactly?????"

My point is that you advocate that well done SMP is undetectable and a significant other will not notice it or question it and that you can maintain that facade for years on end, while I say clearly that that is simply not true. Unless you are the one human being on the planet that has never had an illness, never been to the hospital, never been hungover and never had an accident, everyone has had down time even when they did not want to. You can't undergo gull bladder surgery and two days of post-op in the hospital and expect to be up shaving your scalp at 6 AM before your girlfriend pops in check up on you before she heads to work. Every time you become ill or hungover or simply want a day off from shaving, are you going to run to a secret apartment across town that you do not tell your significant other about?

If you only engage in one night stands or two week long relationships, then yes, SMP can fool someone else in the short term who is not too bright. However, in a committed relationship, where you are actually living with someone day in and day out for months or years, they will know the truth. And for you to tell others that they can maintain a fake facade for years on end is simply not true. It is better to be up front and honest to perspective HIS clients about what SMP can and cannot achieve. SMP can be incredibly realistic (I know, I have a great treatment) but it cannot fool someone who knows your poop habits better than you do.

As to your language and the angry tone I detect from you and Gandalf, I am not quite sure for the reason behind it. You are preaching to the choir already and I have been an advocate for moderate SMP from almost day one. While you feel you have to "jack" me up, I do not quite understand. As far as I am aware, I do not know you from Adam. I simply feel that perspective clients of HIS should be given the honest truth. And one element of that honest truth is that SMP will not fool someone in a committed relationship after some weeks to a few months. (especially if they are average or above in intelligence) Also, if you look carefully across my past posts, you will find that I am highly supportive of well done SMP, even when viewed from inches away. I have personally seen a few cases of SMP where up close the dots were too big, but these were back in the early days before HIS had refined their practice and some aspects of the technology. Other than that and I think my points speak for themselves.

Also Fence, you wrote, "Also, I'm pretty sure it's you who has discussed having to use some sort
of eye liner pencil or something to help further blend where your smp
and hair meet. That shouldn't be necessary. The difference between smp
and real hair follicles shouldn't be noticeable."

Yes, when your treatments are completely over, your right, it should not be necessary. But what about all the guys who have begun the sessions but not finished? When I began my treatments, I had very heavy fading and even dark shades did not stay in my dermal layer very well. So, after complaining about it for awhile, my wife mentioned this eyeliner pencil tip to me and that really made my treatment process do easier until all of my treatments were finished almost a year later. Many clients who begin down the SMP path complain about the fading and the lack of darkness and density. The eyeliner pencil tip was simply an effort to help them get through the process with less anxiety and a better look.

There are several other items in that post above from you that are not accurate but I have to return to the lab right now to finish up some work. Please do not ascribe to me words or intent that are not true is what I would kindly ask.

On a side note, I was invited to attend a physics conference at a hotel in Thailand run by, and across the street from a medium sized Buddhist monastery (about 300 monks). So, over the course of that eight days, I got to see several of these guys repeatedly, and even they did not shave their scalps religiously (pun intended) every day. In fact, most of them had one to three day growths (roughly) most of the time.

Lol...dude you're trying too hard.  The way one chooses to keep their appearance is a personal choice.  Sure, not many people with full heads of hair religiously shave it every day.  But That does not mean it just can't be true.

Sure, its unusual and MAY invite questions as to why.  But once the why is answered most people stop caring.  They're satisfied.  The majority of people I encounter on a day to day basis have never even questioned my choice to shave my head.  One of the most persistent was a female coworker.  For a while in the beginning she would question why are you STILL shaving your head??? Eventually the last time she spoke on it was when someone else who hadn't seen me in a while pointed it out and the first coworker added "I don't even bother asking him why anymore, I've grown use to it."  Keep in mind these are people who were use to seeing me with my system (in their minds a full head of grown out hair).

Look.  There are no set in stone realities to SMP.  Each experience will be different based on many factors ranging from how natural your SMP looks, to the type of people you encounter in life.  Some of us might encounter more stubborn or curious people than others. (intelligence really has nothing to do with this and its a little arrogant the way you suggest "smart" women will question it)

The fact of the matter is a person cannot be suspect of a concept they do not realize exists.  SMP is still not known outside of people suffering for hairloss who surf the web for solutions, and the family and friends of those of us who have gotten it and told others about it.

Other than that, who knows about it?  So no, even a stubborn woman who is frustrated you wont grow your hair out isn't going to start suspecting your hair follicles are fake, even tattooed onto your head UNLESS they've head about the concept of SMP.

You keep making your arguments based on your person observations and experiences....not the most scientific thing to do...but here let me try.

MY REALITY =  I am a guy who shaves his full head of hair.  Aside from my immediate family,2 close friends and my ex gf everyone else just thinks I'm a guy who shaves his head.  This is my second year at the current job I'm at.  I started right after first getting SMP.  Except for the few coworkers who knew me before I switched to that location everyone else just thinks thats my look.

As far as dating goes.  Since breaking up with my ex I haven't had much of a serious relationship.  I've gone on single dates, dated girls 2-3 times.  Dated a few for a couple weeks, and the longest was the younger girl I dated for a couple months.  The comments have ranged from the usual "why do you shave your head?" to no comment at all on the matter, to the ones who make it into my home and see pictures of me with the system and say "Oh I think you look better with your hair grown out" or "This is a good summer look but will you grow it out in the winter?" to the most extreme "We can go on a date if you grow your hair out."  

That includes becoming as intimate as you can get with a few of those women.  Heads (yes plural) were rubbed and no comments about false hair was ever made.  Some of them saw me in all different kinds of lighting at all different points during the day.  Some spent the night and saw me (if even briefly) before I made it into the bathroom to shave.

Thats my reality.  So yes.  SMP can (and if done right SHOULD) go undetected.  Is it perfect? Nope.  Are their catches to it?  Yes, keep it shaved as much as possible.  Should you try to deceive a lover forever or for a long period of time....No....But is it impossible if you so choose to?  No its not.

You're so consumed with this idea that the idea of keeping your head shaved is so unheard of that someone will eventually suspect something...No...its just not true. 

Anyways.  To each their own.  For anyone interested in getting SMP.  just Know this.  I wore a system for 14 years.  And though there were times I was happy and care free most of those 14 years were spent worrying who if anyone could tell.  Ontop of the MANY restrictions came with living with a system.

Since getting SMP I have been 99.9% carefree about my head/hair.  Whats that .1 percent of worry?  It's just the maintenance of shaving.  If I have gone too long without shaving or am too lazy I'll throw a hat on JUST incase. But life is damn damn DAMN good. 

Go for it HD.  Can't wait for you to switch to the good guys :)

Mr Fence, you say that is your reality above and I believe you. One thing I must note though is that you admit since getting your SMP that you have not been in a long term committed relationship. That is the divide between our two viewpoints. As Gandalf put it, I may be an older dude with my 45 years on this planet, but I moved past the more solitary lifestyle of quick dates and two week long relationships by the time grad school ended. It is great that you put your viewpoints out there for other younger guys who are losing hair in their late teens and twenties but still have years of wild oat sowing in front of them and wonder if SMP will help them (and yes, ... it will). But with the experience of being a bit older and having been married for 11 years now (and knowing my wife nine years before that), I can also say that SMP does have a few minor limitations and clients should think realistically about what they can and cannot expect SMP to do for them.

Guys. Are we missing the point here ? This is a cosmetic improvement were having here. Personally I've told loads of people I've had it done . People do this shi* all the time. Be it weaves . Botox. Even false tanning. None of it is real and people know it's not real but Exept it , as it has made an improvement to how the person looks and more importantly how they feel. When you really don't care what people think ,because 'YOU' feel better about yourself. Non of this 'people finding out shi*' really matters ,does it ? Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It is a great sentiment Dasher but I would say it does matter for some large percentage of SMP recipients because you feeling better about yourself is in many cases predicated upon other people's reactions to your scalp. (and we see countless stories here in these forums relating the reactions of others to the client's new SMP)  There is that group of SMP clients who simply feel better because they look in the mirror and like themselves more. Hard for me to guess what percentage that is, but I might out of my butt guess it as roughly 20 to 30%. The rest though really feel acceptance towards their own SMP and begin to grow comfortable with it, only when others comment on it positively.

Another way of saying this is that suppose people comment on your SMP negatively. Then what? You are likely to be crushed. So, you can see that SMP and your feeling better about yourself is very much an entangled property that is partly in your own head but is also very much in the acceptance you receive from others.

I agree HH. But like anything in life. People react differently to a non confident person . Ie someone going around worried about if someone will sus there smp. Doing that wont make you happy.What I'm saying is if you fully accept your smp .enjoy the fact that you look better with than without it. Even people who know just see it as an improvement. My mates know my family know and it doesn't make any difference to me. If that makes sense ? And people can comment on it positively when they know what it is. After I've explained to people what I've had done I've had a load of positive comments.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

But I guess to some people it's all about hiding it's false . Kidding people. But that is hard to keep up. People will find out. Then what you gonna do ? Sit in the corner and cry ?

Sorry but in having this treatment people have to be prepared for being outed . The more people have this done. The more people know about it. There's gonna come a time when people are aware ,more than maybe now about the treatment. And if you accept it's just that. A cosmetic improvement. The happier and more long term happiness with the treatment will exist. I'm not saying go around with a sign on your head. But you gotta agree. There will come a time when alot of people will know. Just gotta be mentally prepared for it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Women with an IQ of 117 or higher are able to see an SMP a mile off, even if they aren't aware of SMP.

Interesting theory. How about you say to the girl - I tried walking up a hill today while not wearing a watch but I had neither the time nor the inclination. If she laughs you are in... you made her laugh. If she doesn't she will not have spotted your glaring SMP, and you have a punchers chance.

To be honest, I am not convinced. Dermatologists would presumably have a pretty high IQ, and they have failed to spot one during an examination of a client's scalp.

Missed it. That's what I get for reading posts before having my morning coffee. ;)

On the other hand, if you look hard enough there are threads of the very scientific research HatingHatings and his wife did on his SMP. I'm pretty sure it was peer reviewed and replicated multiple times on multiple men with smp done by multiple practitioners across a span of many years.....ok yea the last bit is sarcasm.

I'm to busy making over a 100k a year working whatever hours I want to see a pyschologist. Go put on some more make-up bish lol I just like the conversation and talking about things in depth. To Alec Baldwin solid reply. The only part that stood out to me was when you said "unless she's feeling a real shaved head at the same time there's no way she could tell the difference" Aren't you matching a wet shave? So it would be smooth and feel the same on a guy with hair who also wet shaved correct? Confused at what you're getting at there.

I wet shave in the morning and by the evening, the stubble has grown out a little. So I can tell the difference when I rub my own head- it's smoother on top. But she (or any of my other past girlfriends) have never noticed the difference. 

So she's never in 2 years got inches from your smp and just really examined it? Like for more then 30 seconds? If she did would she be able to tell? Are all the dots the same in size and shape at that close of a distance being looked at for an extended period of time?

No- when is the last time you got inches away from someone's scalp and examined it? Why would you do that? In fact, my new dermatologist examined my scalp a couple weeks ago looking for precancerous moles (ew) and he didn't notice I had SMP. 

And to Dasher's point, ultimately who cares? SMP has boosted my confidence so much and made me so much more outgoing that it has propelled my career and love life to incredible heights. I have never ever been sussed out, but even if I had, it would still have been worth it.