Sign in to follow this  
whgoff

how realistic are we talking about

ok ive seen 1000 pictures videos and testimonials. I will say I am riding the fence and mostly because I worry about what will happen when you are dating someone and they find out..... I have a VERY VERY difficult time believing that if you date someone for a year or more they wont know.... im sure a very good smp looks amazing in a picture or even in person when you see a consultant an hour after they wetshaved or used their braun 7 series ...... but my question is.....if im dating someone and living with someone and I foil shaved at 6am before work....and she wants to lay in bed watch a movie and rub my head (like every other girlfriend ive had...must be a bald thing cause every girlfriend ive ever had wants to do that)  question is.....will they pick up on it.....   I definitely can believe that smp will fool every single one of your family and friends and coworkers from 2 feet away.....but women notice things...they notice when you whitened your teeth or if you lost 3 lbs or if you lost 3 eyelashes....  I cant seem to fathom the thought that if you shaved at 6am and even with the best smp that you can fool your girlfriend you live with who lays in bed beside you 12hours later every single night for years on end....

I know SOMEONES girlfriend on here has had to call them out...I just cant believe its not ever happened...any input positive or negative BUT TRUTHFUL would be appreciated

How real it is, is entirely up to hairline choice. Touching your head can be explained away by saying the tops thinner so doesn't get prickly as fast as the back. Then about a girl who notices you've lost 3lb... my gf never even noticed i shaved my 3 month old beard off for 2 whole days... :lol: 

Best ways to not even make a big deal about it to them. If they notice just brush it a side "yea its smp, thought you knew." "whats for T?" thats it now forgot about.

my concern is not as much significant other...but what about people sitting behind me, stadium type seating, like in a church.

when someone has the chance to look down at the top of my head for an hour, albeit a couple feet away, do you think that would be enough to make their brain think something is off?

Ive had it done for 6 months now

Only one person has noticed and that was a masseuse rubbing my head after i didnt shave that day

So the odds of anyone knowing is extremely slim if its done well

Im also a 24 year old guy who likes to go out, so people my age definitely critique the fact that i have a shaved head and no one knows.

Those of my close friends who do know say it looks great.

to be honest if I get this done I was planning to put fue into it.....but later on down the road....fue is quite expensive and would take me a year or two to save up that kind of money ...however I would want it to look unnoticeable until the time I could save up for that

my concern is not as much significant other...but what about people sitting behind me, stadium type seating, like in a church.

when someone has the chance to look down at the top of my head for an hour, albeit a couple feet away, do you think that would be enough to make their brain think something is off?

As a regular stadium goer I can honestly say I go to watch the match and take very very little notice of the people around me...even the guy sat directly in front... I might be vaguely aware whether they are wearing a hat or not but that's about it. Could I respectfully suggest you might be over analyzing.

I think if you like the shaved look ( wots not to like ) this treatment is the only one you need . I had quite a lot of grey at the back and sides but when I shave with a rotary it's all gone . My treatment blends so well I can't remember where it starts my wife can't see any difference either . I suppose if you grew your hair people might notice , but if you don,t it's so realistic

I agree with the comments other users have made.  If you're paranoid about what a long term GF is going to think about you having SMP, you've got bigger problems to deal with including trust in your relationship.  I understand initially when you're seeing somebody, there's that phase where you're trying to impress and show all the good things.  However, a year down the road, there's got to be a level of comfort where I don't think SMP should be something you keep from the other person (i.e. why hide and be secret and treat it like a shameful thing?).  I've had three sessions and not one single person has batted an eyelid and I actually took my GF to my first session which she appreciated helping to define the hairline and watch the procedure.  The few people who know about it are honestly amazed as they can't see the difference between real hair stubble and the SMP - yes it's THAT good mate.  Now based on my hair growth, I can't go more than 24 hours without shaving as you can notice 3D hair growth so this will depend on the individual.  It's a tough journey but a decision that I would never go back on.  A lot of the stuff posted by guys on the forum seems cliche but you'll understand once you join the HIS club lol.  Good luck my friend.

ok maybe I didn't clarify what my question is.... if I was going to get married to someone sure why not tell them who the f cares...  if we had been dating for a long time sure why not...........BUT what im trying to determine is IF you need to tell them before they discover.... COULD you get away with it if you chose not to?  of course that's all relative to each individual ...if you date or marry someone whos blind obviously not if you date a girl who works at a his hair clinic shell probably know....   lets talk about the run of the mill average female .... would I tell someone I was going to get married to ...probably....  my question is if it looks so realistic that youre only telling because youre an honest guy or you want to tell because sometimes when laying in bed shes closer than your average bank teller and youd rather tell her before she finds out....  as I said either way I may still go through with it....im just looking for honest real truth to HOW undetectable is it

ill be a little more specific about my concerns and what im aiming at correcting.... I am what I would consider a norwood 3v   thinning at the crown  and receeding....   the crown im not all that worried about if someone is trying to inspect my crown ill tell them to fk off and get off my head before I punch them (in a friendly joking way of course)  so im fairly confident that his can give me exactly what I need in the crown area.... I am worried about the receeding hairline    mine goes back a little bit too far in a "V"   but the very front of my hairline is exactly where I want it to be .... I don't want a straight across ___ hairline  I want maybe 1 inch total of the "v" brought down ...I had a receeding hairline at 15...that was just my normal hairline   so only looking to bring it back 1 inch  ...and there are a few little spots where its thinning above that but still SOME minor hair growths ..... im not worried about the crown as much because I want VERY light sprinkling of light color put in and I cant imagine anyone getting 1 foot away from my crown inspecting it....   however the receeding hairline .... theres no getting around that people will be seeing it and up close a lot....... and I almost wonder if I would be better off if I had NOTHING on top because then its just all smp "dots"  but with the way my hair is now  the "dots" have to match the ones right behind it    ... ive went and had my head looked at 10 years ago or so considering treatments but backed out.... so yes there are less hairs there (in the receeding parts) but the worry I have is the hairs that are there are smaller in diameter than a usual healthy hair..... so I worry that even if the color is perfectly blended these new dots will be significantly larger than my "dots" of real hair....... I have never seen smp in person and have an apt next week in Miami so I guess I will see ....but that is my concern is that with receeding hairline and thinner diameter dots on the top that smp wont work for me because theres no way to get the dot size down that small

ill be a little more specific about my concerns and what im aiming at correcting.... I am what I would consider a norwood 3v   thinning at the crown  and receeding....   the crown im not all that worried about if someone is trying to inspect my crown ill tell them to fk off and get off my head before I punch them (in a friendly joking way of course)  so im fairly confident that his can give me exactly what I need in the crown area.... I am worried about the receeding hairline    mine goes back a little bit too far in a "V"   but the very front of my hairline is exactly where I want it to be .... I don't want a straight across ___ hairline  I want maybe 1 inch total of the "v" brought down ...I had a receeding hairline at 15...that was just my normal hairline   so only looking to bring it back 1 inch  ...and there are a few little spots where its thinning above that but still SOME minor hair growths ..... im not worried about the crown as much because I want VERY light sprinkling of light color put in and I cant imagine anyone getting 1 foot away from my crown inspecting it....   however the receeding hairline .... theres no getting around that people will be seeing it and up close a lot....... and I almost wonder if I would be better off if I had NOTHING on top because then its just all smp "dots"  but with the way my hair is now  the "dots" have to match the ones right behind it    ... ive went and had my head looked at 10 years ago or so considering treatments but backed out.... so yes there are less hairs there (in the receeding parts) but the worry I have is the hairs that are there are smaller in diameter than a usual healthy hair..... so I worry that even if the color is perfectly blended these new dots will be significantly larger than my "dots" of real hair....... I have never seen smp in person and have an apt next week in Miami so I guess I will see ....but that is my concern is that with receeding hairline and thinner diameter dots on the top that smp wont work for me because theres no way to get the dot size down that small

Your enjoying what we call the pre treatment panic. Everyone of us have thought, and felt the same. Just wait until you hit the 3/4 years should i get a touch up but really want that new car instead feeling.

It will blend with dots of all kinds. The small thin ones hanging on for dear life at the front will vanish if the new dots are slightly larger anyway and be invisible. Really, i cant even tell where my front hair dots are, unless i grow them out a mm. As for staring at the back of your head, that can be the most realistic part imo, its really down to hairline if you want to be undetectable.

Honda is absolutely correct. As are you when you say the follicles in the balding area are smaller, that is definitely part of the process - eventually they disappear altogether and become skin again (aren't our bodies remarkable!).

The blending at the hairline, wherever the hairline might be, is just that - blending. Done well it is impossible to tell which are real and which are SMP dots... the practitioner will be able to explain in detail exactly how that is achieved.

PS: If you like punching people in a joking friendly way you would always be welcome at my stadium. Its ever so popular there.

The honest truth is that any girl you are dating and sleeping with who is rubbing your head on a regular basis will be suspicious. Naturally they will want to ask why you always shave your head. Any girl with an IQ above 100 (and this cuts out about 50% of them) will over time want to know what is going on. The good news though is that the vast majority will not be that concerned. Yes, there is a minority of women out there (especially in the dating game for those under 30 years old) who absolutely will not date a balding or thinning man, but then those women tend to be so shallow and are often headed for divorce anyway. (This is a great deal like Scarlet on that old show Sex and the City when she married the surgeon) I know it sounds cliche' but the vast majority of good women could give a shit less.

true If some girl cared more about my hair than I do...id tell her to hit the bricks anyways.... I guess I was just wondering how possible it is to pull it off ....wondering what the limits are of how well you can pass it off as genuine..... the g/f test I think would be more difficult than parents or close friends as they are going to probably see you more often and up closer ... at least the picky biotches ive dated seemed like they noticed shit a LOT ... like they were inspecting or some shit lol     I guess ill have to see in person myself....   my hair is so light...well the follicles are so light this will sound crazy but I don't dare try to move my hairline down doing this "tactic" but there are two little thinning spots about the width of your pink finker that go up into my hairline maybe say 1/2 the length of a pinky finger and when I wet shave you still can barely notice that its nothing but skin there....  all ive been doing for a while is scribbling on a piece of paper with a pencil for a bit and rub my finger in it and very lightly dab on those spots... fills them in perfectly because I cant even see a hair follicle on my head even at close range in the mirror they are so light it just looks VERY light grey ...I guess that's what a consulation is for to see if they think they can match it.....  for now the pencil thing works good as retarded as it sounds...ultimately though I would like to lower it an inch down at the furthest point back in the recessed line to meet up where the front is now...cant do that with a pencil :-/

Women, just like men under the age of 25 have a lot of expectations which sadly life is not going to fill. Sure, there needs to be physical attraction to have the spark but if someone is only hanging out with you for your Norwood 1 hair, or your chiseled abs or the make of your car, then things are not likely to turn out well. Anyone you date for more than a few months who is above average in the intelligence department will likely suspect that the SMP is what it is. A very nice illusion. To assume otherwise would be an error in judgement.

fair enough ....   im fairly sure I will do the crown and test pilot the two small thinning areas that dive into the recessed area.... I figure if I can fix those with smeared pencil lead and pull it off and be undetectable then I would hope smp would do better than that... and I will see what I think of those before deciding if dropping my hairline down an inch is realistic or not

The truth of the matter is that any average intelligence or above female partner is going to know SMP for what it is. Just as you will come to know your partner's special routines (like when the monthly cycle starts again). No one by choice who is a Norwood I or II religiously shaves their scalp every morning unless they live in a Buddhist monastery in Thailand. So that will attract attention from anyone who has more than a melon for a head. And even women who are not aware of SMP or have ever spent much time thinking about balding will eventually notice something is up. To try and pretend otherwise is fantasy land thinking.