Sign in to follow this  
Jim2001

Ian Fue combo

Yes giraffe i think alot moore detailed info is needed including price..i mean they are advertising the hair transplants on there front page after all..so whats the big secret..

Hi Remington

You are absolutely right! Many more details would be required for someone to be able to seriously consider this as a solution There is no big secret though, it's just that you would need to talk directly to the business to get the details you are looking for.

As a previous HT patient, I agree with David1963 100%. HT is very very difficult to get right even with a "good" doctor. There are SO MANY factors involved in getting decent results and it take 1-2 years to see the full growth, and then after that, you need to maintain your existing hair for the rest of your life. Not even the best doctor in the world can predict the outcome and the meds you need to take have risks itself. So not only are there financial risks, you'd have to consider all sorts of other risks including:

Excessive visible scaring that's hard to hide

Ridging and cobblestoning of the recipient site

Low growth/patchy yield

Over harvesting of donor sites

Progressed native loss from trauma of the procedure

Giraffe, I went to a IAHRS surgeon and regret it everyday of my life after.

I think the issue is that about 14 months ago HIS relaunched itself as the 1 stop shop for every hair replacement treatment out there. After years of criticising and mocking the hair replacement industry HIS were offering transplants, mesotherapy (whatever that is) and even wigs .

But apart from a new website frontage there doesn't seem to be any case studies of any of these treatments. Ian's was the obvious one to use , but it has all gone quiet .

I know this forum is for SMP, but I don't see any transplant forums or laser treatment forums? If I was a happy or unhappy customer of any of the treatments I would beeline to this forum to record my opinions. But nothing.

Very happy with my current SMP, best decision of my life. However, seeing i was only about a Norwood 3 before i got the treatment i think i'v got plenty to work with and would love to add FUE (3D treatment). Ideally i'd still want a shaved head/cropped head look, but with some stubble that extends all the way out to my hair line. Would this treatment allow me to keep my head shaved to a level 1 (buzz cut) ? and how long is the recovery time? Cost? etc? I'd want to see some real life examples. I'm sure even itf its not avail right now it will be developed in the next few years.

desert dog - I think you can take it as read that Ians Fue would not have worked as he had hoped  , dont know what he was thinking about publicising his intention before he knew how it would work out .

Ian came up with a Great product (SMP) and met lots of folks who have had there lives and finances destroyed by the Transplant industry , why he thought about bringing his Quality product together with Transplants I will never understand , perhaps he recieved a bang to the head .

Stick to SMP forget Transplants for now . Ian get back to showing why SMP is the right and for all with advanced hairloss ONLY solution and a Bloody Good one at that .

I feel like we should keep bumping this post until they address it. Either show proof it works or admit it doesn't and remove the page for it on the website. Otherwise I consider it false advertising.

Nah, just let it go. What's the point of busting Ian's balls? If it didn't work out for him, no harm no foul. Period.

It's not false advertising, because he hadn't advertised anything. He was on a personal research and development quest; his only mistake was to share about it prematurely.

The lesson for Ian is to stick with his core competence until someday down the road when his SMP business reaches a mature phase. Diversification is not a good strategy. Ian should stay focused on cultivating his SMP brand strengths, rather than dabbling and diluting his energies.

If you click on the link above it takes you to an advert for textured SMP. The guy in the picture has not had the treatment (stock short haired male picture), SO if that isn't false advertising what is?

Rival companies have benefitted from HIS diversion/.diversification, and you will see them claiming that they are concentrating on one thing (SMP),

Meanwhile no case studies exist for any of the other HIS treatments advertised on this site.