Sign in to follow this  
BGL1990

Advice needed

Hi, 

Please could you share your opinion with me, I've been losing my hair for about 9 years (I'm now 25) and it's got to the stage where I either have to; look like I'm balding, shave my hair, get SMP or get FUE. I hate having to worry about my hair and I know SMP is a great solution. I still have a lot of hair and like most people having hair impacts on my confidence, however losing it is stressful and therefore I want to take action. 

I've uploaded a few pictures and I'd like to know if I'm suitable for SMP at this stage or if I should go down another route? A lot of the stories I've seen are from people who had a higher level of balding. I have very blonde hair which isn't all the same colour, this could make matching the tone very tricky. Further to this I've never cropped my hair down to 0.5 MM in length and I'm worried that I will just look completely bald when I do this because of my hair colour and skin tone. 

Please let me know what you think. 

Thank you.

post-303716-0-45131700-1452466015_thumb.png

post-303716-0-51307900-1452466026_thumb.png

post-303716-0-43940800-1452466035_thumb.png

post-303716-0-85778600-1452466043_thumb.png

post-303716-0-57700800-1452466276_thumb.png

Hi BGL you still have heaps of hair left. I would enjoy it while you still can. With that amount of hair you could use a bit of toppik to fill in any thinning areas and you'd be sorted for another couple of years.

If you do decide to get it no one will ever notice as you've got so much hair. Everyone will think you just shaved your head.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The problem area I've got is at the front, I'm happy with the rest of my hair (except the scar). I think I'll shave it down to a grade one or two and see how it looks. If I can get away with it for another year or so then great but I've started to get the balding comments off people recently and there is always the temptation to get something done like this or a HT when it's less likely others will notice.

Is FUE scarring bad Fedebold? It's one of the options at the moment but scarring and future hair loss are the things that hold me back from it. 

You still have quite a bit of hair which would work well with smp

I suggest getting stuck into the scar, fraxel laser and potentially fue into it to get the tissue flat and blendingblending. Make sure you get a small punch if you go the fue route as the scars are smaller and easier to smp. You won't need heaps of fue if you just attack the scar.

After you get the scar down consider smp with a receded look and a broken hairline

Yes I don't think I would FUE the scar, I can deal with the scar because hardly anyone mentions it to me. Apart from my nan who said it looks like I've taken an axe to the head (so dramatic). I agree though from the results I've seen I think a broken and slightly receded hairline is the right look for SMP. I've just seen a picture of a guy who got FUE with a 0.6mm punch and the scarring is awful, yet others seem to have no problem. I'm going to be shaving my hair down pretty short in the next few weeks so I can have chance to get used to the shorter look before going for this. I still feel like it will seem strange shaving it down to grade 0 eventually though, I might just give it a go and see what it looks like.