Sign in to follow this  
Baldilocks

Is my scar an okay candidate for SMP?

Hello, I am considering fully shaving my head and having SMP but I am concerned about how well my scar can be camouflaged with SMP. I shaved my head to a #1 i think and took these pictures. How worried should I be with this scar? Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect with SMP? I am planning on going to the San Franciscio clinic. Any help, advice, tips or comments is appreciated, thank you!

post-303440-0-35818100-1447625847_thumb.jpgpost-303440-0-00913000-1447625858_thumb.jpgpost-303440-0-61336600-1447625867_thumb.jpg

I am sure you will get good answers here, and pointed to a few threads that have helped others in the same position.

Hating Hats is the resident expert, he keeps insisting he is an engineer and that this is just some sort of hobby but if you read a few of his posts I am sure you will quickly become another fan.  He recently wrote a very honest appraisal of the ability of SMP to reduce the visibility of an HT scar - 80 to 90% is a reasonable expectation. A few will do better, a few not quite that well. Of all the ways to use SMP, scar coverage is the least predictable on a case by case basis. That said, your scar looks very even without any angry or raised keloid skin so, as much as could be hoped for, I would suggest your prognosis would be good.

I guess the best recommendation would be to get along for a consultation with one of the HIS experts. Until then, best wishes for your time here.

Ed

I still think the better option is to have smaller procedures over time. The yield is better and the cost is a bit more manageable. Maybe even look into going overseas as there are plenty of choices.

Right now my scar area is equivalent to yours maybe a little worse, could go either way. My plan is to grow the area long tie it into a ponytail and not use any concealer in that area. Have you thought about doing this? I think with your lighter hair it would be even easier for you.