Sign in to follow this  
Harveynohair

Pictures of SMP up close or in outside light

Here is a link to a thread where I posted pictures two years after my treatments were completed:

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/5802-the-mht-ball-has-stopped-rolling-and-things-are-pretty-good/

There are three pics of me outside with two pics of me standing in direct pure sunshine. Hope this helps. And to answer your question, yes, at least on me, my SMP is easily noticeable by other people who view me on a very bright sunny day outside. (which is the worst case scenario for SMP)

Thanks for the reply hating hats I've enjoyed reading a lot of your input on this forum.

When you say your SMP is easily noticeable on a very bright sunny day, do you mean that it is noticeable as a tattoo or just more highlighted?

If noticed as a tattoo what are the reasons for this?

In your opinion if you get this procedure do you think you just have to accept some people will notice it's not real and weigh up that vs not being happy with your head?

Considering getting this done is such a head fuck!

I still have some hair, very dark brown, receded hairline, thin on top and patch at the back.

Trying to decide what style to go for is one of my main concerns.

I'm 23, If I go for a very natural look, most people won't notice as I don't shave my head right now. They'll probably just be like where did your zidane patch go lol.

But if people do notice, it's noticeable in certain lights or if I don't like it myself.

I'll wish I went for more density and a lower hairline.

I also want to ask your opinion on if you think there's a bit of LUCK getting this procedure done?

I've looked on People's Facebook profiles who have reviewed HIS and other SMP company's.

Some look fantastic, some look horrible.

What factors do you think are more important in achieving a realistic look?

I was thinking of getting fue around my hairline to give it a more 3D look but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Thanks for the reply hating hats I've enjoyed reading a lot of your input on this forum.

When you say your SMP is easily noticeable on a very bright sunny day, do you mean that it is noticeable as a tattoo or just more highlighted?

If noticed as a tattoo what are the reasons for this?

In your opinion if you get this procedure do you think you just have to accept some people will notice it's not real and weigh up that vs not being happy with your head?

Considering getting this done is such a head fuck!

I still have some hair, very dark brown, receded hairline, thin on top and patch at the back.

Trying to decide what style to go for is one of my main concerns.

I'm 23, If I go for a very natural look, most people won't notice as I don't shave my head right now. They'll probably just be like where did your zidane patch go lol.

But if people do notice, it's noticeable in certain lights or if I don't like it myself.

I'll wish I went for more density and a lower hairline.

I also want to ask your opinion on if you think there's a bit of LUCK getting this procedure done?

I've looked on People's Facebook profiles who have reviewed HIS and other SMP company's.

Some look fantastic, some look horrible.

What factors do you think are more important in achieving a realistic look?

I was thinking of getting fue around my hairline to give it a more 3D look but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I mean that my SMP can easily be seen by any observer and that it appears just as a shaved head should. I hoped that when I began the treatments that only 1 to 2% of people would be able to tell that it was not real hair. Fortunately, my treatments turned out very well, and are so realistic that even from inches away, most skeptical people still cannot tell that it is not real hair. Now, more than two years since my treatments ended, no one yet has been able to detect that it is not real. I do have some close friends that I spend alot of time with and who have seen me in many situations such as swimming and mountain biking who probably suspect that perhaps I shave my head because I have to shave it. But, as far as outright detection, no one has even come close.

Will post more in a bit.

Thanks for answering most of questions hating hats! I think I'm going to go for it,

I just need to see 2-3 examples in person first.

I think SMP would dramatically improve my appearance and banish my hair insecurities.

My opinion is that as long as you play it safe with density and the hairline, that 99.99% of strangers won't notice.

I have one last question for you hating hats if you'd be so kind.

What's your opinion on a thinning SMP look?

Are there examples of this?

There are plenty of people who go that route and it is very popular. It is also another tactic that many clients use to blend in more naturally and receive less scrutiny from any nearby observer. It very much depends on your outlook as well. It is easier to do a very realistic fading look than it is to do a very realistic Norwood I to Norwood II look because the latter must have a correct feathered hairline and the right density. Which can be tricky. Many people go for a slight receding look because they fear the Norwood I hairline appearance past about age 40 or so. But, there are actually guys out there like Ronald Reagan who have and maintain a Norwood I hairline right up to the time of their deaths in their 80s or 90s. Of course, they are rare, but they are out there.

Also, as to your question above, about luck playing a part, the answer is yes, it does enter into the experience. Part of that is due to the experience of the practitioner and what they recommend for you (which sometimes I agree with and sometimes I do not) and there is also the epigenetic condition of your scalp and your dermal layer. Some people have tight collagen which will hold the pigments just fine while others do not, and there is very little that can be done about that aspect. So, luck does play a small part in the final outcome.