ed@hishairclinic.com

Why we do not allow the naming of individual practitioners

What encourages people to post here is RESULTS ed not a specific practitioner. If they all did superb jobs they would all be named as well correct? why haven't other practitioners been mentioned?

is going to a clinic and watching a session even allowed? just asking cause you said it.

Also you said in the other thread the girl from the UK is your very best cause she touches up ian so thats encouraging people to travel to UK to check her out. So you're referring her the way we are referring practitioners we know do excellent smp.

That is not true Pitbull. Stop repeating it please... just go back and read again. In fact, read the whole two threads... I described her as excellent at her job but a very quiet character, not our best. She may be, I wouldn't know. And there are more clinics in the UK than the London one. 

And no, it does not follow that great work sees them named here. It's an equally valid question the other way round... Why don't all the other practitioners get a mention? Are you seriously suggesting that none of them are any good?

Ed in all seriousness. Difference of opinion aside for a second. Why do you believe a lot of the other practitioners don't get mentioned here? I can't speak for the others who had my practitioner but I know he never asked me to post anything. I did it out of my own excitement and gratitude. Obviously a lot of others who had him did the same.

So serious question. Why is it that others aren't mentioned at all? I do understand not everyone who gets smp comes here to blog about their experiences. But you'd think with the number of clients that other practitioners would get mentioned now and then.

MOTF: I have read a post in the last two days singing the praises of a practitioner for really going the extra mile in helping them onto the forum - emailing photos over and allsorts. It goes on.

Pitbull: Just asking your question the other way round to offer a perspective. That's all. Hope you can see the irony in your accusing me of twisting your words.

lmao are you serious ed? irony? i never flipped anything you said ever. all i did was say the exact thing you said i didn't rewrite or flip it lol

Well.... there was that one little bit where you are claimed I said the girl in the UK was the best we had and where Ian goes for his touch ups... when in fact I said neither. In hindsight I suspect you read it too quickly and responded to what you thought I had said. But it triggered a little storm I had to weather. No hard feelings.

:)

Dear all. tfr1970 created an alternative topic to this one... titled very similarly.

For the record, he has requested that we remove all his posts and pictures. Which I have now requested to happen. Technical warn me that any topics he started will disappear too.

So. That entire thread will vanish. Apologies if you have posted there.

I find it astonishing that this debate is actually happening? Anybody that says all practitioners are the same and of equal skill must be out of there mind!

Sure, I realise all the practitioners have under gone the same training and they all know how to perform SMP treatments, i get that but clearly some do this better than others. As with any occupation whether your a trained plumber, an accountant or chef, there will always be someone who can do the same job better than you. And to say that the SMP procedure doesn't require an artistic eye is ridiculous! I'm sure there are people out there that are willing to let just anybody do there treatment without any prior research, bit they are definitely the minority! I know most of these points have already been covered but I just want to voice my opinion so those in charge can get a better idea of what their clients want.

I have lurked on this forum for a long time, I then finally signed up just over a year ago after deciding this is what I wanted to do. After seeing countless photos and hundreds of posts I had decided exactly which practitioner I wanted to do treatment. Please note - I live in London around 10 miles away from the clinic in Harley Street, yet I was willing to travel 150 miles away to have mine done with this particular person! Sadly I then found out he (and also my 2nd choice practitioner) had both left the company! Since then I have been endlessly searching the results across the forum to find another practitioner I would want doing my treatment. This is a major, life changing process and people need to be 100% confidant with what they are signing up to. Choosing a practitioner is a vital part of the SMP process.

I can completely see why HIS would want to do this, it must cause a ton of issues, especially if staff are hourly/fixed salary paid but i think there must be a better way to go about it. Judging by the posts in this thread, it seems most people are against the idea, is'nt the customer always right? I urge you HIS HAIR to please re-think your strategy, there must be a better way of dealing with this

Ed in all seriousness. Difference of opinion aside for a second. Why do you believe a lot of the other practitioners don't get mentioned here? I can't speak for the others who had my practitioner but I know he never asked me to post anything. I did it out of my own excitement and gratitude. Obviously a lot of others who had him did the same.

So serious question. Why is it that others aren't mentioned at all? I do understand not everyone who gets smp comes here to blog about their experiences. But you'd think with the number of clients that other practitioners would get mentioned now and then.

Just moderating the "Finally Did It" thread. In there both the original poster and you are clearly engaged with the practitioner to receive pictures etc. Could I respectfully suggest that this is an example of the behaviour that some practice and the majority do not. I am not even suggesting that he is doing anything wrong... apart from not reminding you of the rule surrounding naming practitioners (which he will be very aware of). I would suggest that most practitioners do not build that sort of enthusiastic rapport so easily, and so never get to that position. An attitude no doubt reinforced for them by their awareness of, and respect for, the rules.

Ultimately, it is for the business to decide how to run itself - they alone have the complete view. This is a forum for discussing SMP and related matters and there are few rules. But those that are there need to be observed. Be warned that the rule will be enforced.

In my case I asked my practitioner for pictures right after the procedure so that I could document my journey from start to finish. Since the beginning I was always under the impression that's what clients did. There was no suggestion from the practitioner. Everything I did I learned from the forum members as it's the culture of the forum. HIS is changing that culture in a negative way.

From the business side of things you disagree. But what you're doing hurts the clients.

If they can edit our posts and change our words we should be able to edit our posts and remove pictures. I might be mistaken as I personally never tried to but from a few posts in the past and recently from other members it seems it's not something you can easily do.

Anyone with 100 posts or 20 rep can request "VIP" status, which gives you the ability to edit your posts at any time.  Additionally, HIS has stated in the past that they will remove photographs if requested.

Offer some kind of bonus system for brining in lots of clients.

Hell I kind of wish they even had some kind of policy where they gave a small percent to former clients who recommend new clients. I know I've personally inspired a few people on the forums and I've sent a couple other guys from my old system place. Even the oil company will throw 50 bucks your way for bringing them new customers.

There actually is a referral system, or at least there used to be... not sure if it is still in place.  If i remember correctly, the person that is referred gets a discount on the treatment, and the person that referred them gets a referral fee.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Still surprised at how emotional people are getting over this particular change. 

Everyone agrees, even HIS i assume, that naming practitioners is beneficial to prospective clients.  That's easy to understand. 

The problem is that no one can control whether or not clients post pictures/reviews online, and the clients that do all believe that their practitioner is the best.  Over time, certain practitioners get mentioned more than others which causes the issues previously discussed.  That's all fairly easy to understand as well.

So, now HIS has decided that the drawback to prospective clients from not naming practitioners, is outweighed by the benefit the company will gain by enacting the rule.  

Will it work or not is the question, and only time will tell.  If this rule change negatively impacts whether prospective clients choose HIS, then it should be fairly easy to recognize, and im sure HIS will either rescind the rule or approach the problem with another solution.  If it doesn't impact business, then maybe it's not as big a deal as some of us think it is.

This doesn't change anything about the level of service that HIS provides, nor in my opinion does it mean that HIS is necessarily becoming less transparent or less caring about the customer, or trying to limit free speech or whatever.  They are simply trying to resolve an issue that even those not in favor of the rule agree exists.

Thanks HairHair98

Spot on... as for removing posts and pictures... we just removed, on request, everything tfr1970 had ever posted. Pictures, posts, everything. Including topics that he started, which does unfortunately mean he took down lots of other peoples posts and pictures. He achieved it by asking... I would say that is fairly easy to do.

I will have to check on the status of the referral system and get back to you.

Once again, my thanks for the contribution.

I do think not discussing practitioners is going to back fire on HIS,i only had smp done here after seeing some great work on this forum from certain practitioners who have unfortunately now left.I am not sure now if i will have a touch here up now and i might go some where else where you can see their work.

whgoff, I believe you can contact HIS and they will send you pictures of the practitioner you are interested in.  I think I saw mentioned that HIS is also working on a section of the website where examples of the practitioners will be posted. 

I believe this is basically the model that most companies with multiple practitioners operate with... they have examples of practitioner work featured on their website, and that's the only way to get an idea of their technique, unless you can meet people in person.  The exceptions are companies where only one practitioner performs SMP, companies that have forums where members can discuss specific practitioners (i'm only aware of one), or independent web forums.

We were spoiled (for lack of a better term) by being able to discuss specific practitioner results here on the forum... but at least we still have the forum... which not many other SMP companies have.  Yes, it's a bit of a leap of faith now... at least compared to how it used to be here... but the overwhelming amount of positive results seen in the forum makes it a small jump.  And like you said, the proven track record HIS has at going above and beyond to rectify any issues that might pop up with a treatment, takes even more worry out of the decision.  Also, like i said, HIS will still provide you with examples if you request them... it just takes more work to get them now, and you can only see the specific examples that they provide.

Most, if not all, forum members are opposed to this rule, but some are more understanding than others.  If prospective clients like yourself turn to other companies because of this issue, then perhaps HIS will go back to the old policy.  If not, then we will probably just have to live with it.

Imagine you ran a business. You trained a guy with your money and time to make him to the standard required. He then builds up a reputation with clients, sort of like hairdressers. Now he leaves, opens up next door and steals all your business. You've got to protect yourself from that. Its not a charity.

Personally, will this old practitioner really have the budget to fix any issues, are the inks the same? Of course not, as that stuff is not shared. The guy may be a "rockstar" and do a cracking good job, but that doesn't mean the ink he uses is the same as before and in a couple years time your left with a massive blue/green problem. HIS ink is as safe as it can get, can you trust the others?

These practitioners that have no knowledge of ink, no cash to back up research etc. They just get ink, and start up shop and to hell with the customer. They want a quick £3k 7x a week. Make there quick buck and get out. So you guys can go risk such a life changing thing on a guy who no doubt, will make it look perfect... for a year at least. Then come back to HIS to "fix" your new smurf head.

Honda I agree and disagree with you on some levels.... I do see how 110 open transparency can lose a customer or two but I also see how it can save you one or two ... If his took the stance of ....hey yep we lost a super great guy and he can crank out some good results ....but look at these other 4 guys we got and just this week we signed Kat von Dee ...she's new but we all know how much of an artist she is....we also signed this new kid hes related to Leonardo divinci ... Crazy examples but you get my point.... Own the fact that you may have lost a couple great talents but fully own and advertise ...or better yet let your clients advertise the upcoming rising stars.... A pic is with a thousand words why not let your clients do your advertising for you... That's all I'll add to this debate

whgoff. It seems an update to the site unlocked this thread. This has been an exhaustive discussion already. Please be aware that while this is an open forum for all things SMP related, that does not extend to naming or discussing the work of other clinics. Even by location or with initials. It will result in restrictions up to and including a ban.

You summarize the arguments against pretty well. The arguments for are throughout the thread too.. to summarize those I would say that there is simply not the variation in quality of HIS practitioners you seem to think. It is precisely because the "rockstar' myth is so easily propogated on a forum that it has to be stopped. It distorts the truth and misleads would-be clients... we have had instances where people were willing to fly for treatment when they lived in a HIS city already. which could only make sense if you believe the hype.

I will now lock this thread again, having exercised my prerogative to have the last word :0)  If you feel you want to add then please read the whole thing through again, it is almost certain your point will have been raised already. If you honestly think it hasn't please feel free to PM me.

Ed