ed@hishairclinic.com

Why we do not allow the naming of individual practitioners

Then a simple solution is to create a page on the website that shows off samples of smp done from every practitioner. People keep asking for the same practitioners because it's only the same 2 or 3 you keep hearing about on here. There's literally no other way for possible clients to see the work of the guy who might do them.

It's such a freaking silly argument. They don't use a big rubber stamp to put SMP on your head. Just because someone was trained by his doesn't mean they'll create a result everyone wants. I really see no argument against clients being able to discuss the skills of practitioners and making a choice based on that.

No Ed, this isn't open heart surgery. But it's a big personal decision that will be seen by the world. There is risk involved and if a client gets a messed up result then it's a very timely and expensive correction. So how can you even suggest someone shouldn't be allowed to see the quality of work of the person who will do their SMP?

Sorry OnTheFence. I dont want to revisit the well trodden ground about why the same names keep appearing here.

But for the team here it is all about the marque, the sign over the door, building a level of trust that sees a would be client come through the doors of any HIS Clinic in the world and know they are in the best of hands. So, we would hope that the very fact that someone is trained by HIS means they will get the result they want. Every time. It is about training,but it is also about standards and implementation.

It should be both Ed. I get it, the brand is also important.  HIS is currently the industry leader and would like to stay that way.  No shame in wanting your business to be the most successful it can be.  I think one huge reason people have chosen HIS in the past is that HIS use to be transparent.  This forum allowed the good and bad to be aired publicly. A company who is willing to own up to their mistakes or failures is one people will trust.

Having said that, I don't see why the HIS brand can't be grown while at the same time celebrating their individual practitioners.  

We're beating a dead horse so I will just end with this and address your last statement.  You want someone who is about to make a very important and costly life decision to simply trust that everything will go ok because of three letters ( H I S).  There seems to be this STRONG resistance to the idea of clients being able to see the work of each practitioner.

You want us to simply accept that "HIS trained" = excellent practitioner.  So I end with, why oh why if the powers that be truly believe that do they not create a space to show case each practitioners talents?  

Sorry, I'm not a fool.  I don't take something that cost $5,000 lightly and at the word of the company who will be taking my hard earned money.  And no one else should.  Hell the hair system people did a great job telling me how their product was the best, and how great my life would be. Why wouldn't they? They're a business and need to convince everyone their company was the way to go.  They would allow new potential clients to meet others wearing their systems and see the process.  They liked to bullshit how things would be while wearing the system.  They made it sound like they had all the confidence int he world about their product.  But once you get down to the business side of it you soon see they also didn't have that confidence.  With them it was you had to purchase 2 years worth of hair upfront, no refunds.  So after a few months and you realize wearing a system wasn't as great as they sold the idea to you as, you're stuck.  Out of money, and then have to deal with continuing to wear a system or experience the embarrassment of suddenly having no hair where you once did.

So no, taking a company's word is not realistic.  Especially in the hair replacement business.  A business who's history is quite literally born from snake oil salesmen.  You got a good product? you got practitioners who are ALL capable of producing the same results.  Then show us.  Be transparent.  Let us see each persons work and request who we'd like?  Simple concept.

And with that I bow out of this debate as it'll just go on with point vs counter point.  I think there has been enough said so that everyone can make up their own mind at this point.

Oh, and Ed what happened!? You use to like every one of my posts, but you haven't liked any of these... haha just teasing.

Dont see no problems with it at all. Even the almighty damien who was gaining a rather trusted name around here got poached by another company that had been proven to be rather rubbish and shady. Fact is if nobody gains such a reputation on the forums that they would get poached, less staff will need trained, cost, time and ultimatley leaving more brilliantly skilled staff that have not been poached.

Also, i had a relative newbie do my first 2 sessions. They where so new, they was not allowed to do the hairline. Turned out great. Pressing a needle into someones head, with a bit of pressure really isnt a hard job. The final result 90% of the time is left to your choice of hairline to suit your face. 

Ed, don't take this personally, but with these policies you've closed 5 locations yet, and 4 practitioners you ha've had left HIS -not because they are on holidays, as HIS said to his clients- and have opened new clinics, first in Spain, then in the UK.

If I had closed 5 of my clinics, and my most experienced practitioners -one of them recognised as the best practitioner- had left I'd give a second thought to my actions. I know them four practitioners personally -one Spaniard, two Brits, one Latin - and... wow, you've let them leave... ok.

In my case I'm having my treatment with one of them.

Dont see no problems with it at all. Even the almighty damien who was gaining a rather trusted name around here got poached by another company that had been proven to be rather rubbish and shady. Fact is if nobody gains such a reputation on the forums that they would get poached, less staff will need trained, cost, time and ultimatley leaving more brilliantly skilled staff that have not been poached.

Also, i had a relative newbie do my first 2 sessions. They where so new, they was not allowed to do the hairline. Turned out great. Pressing a needle into someones head, with a bit of pressure really isnt a hard job. The final result 90% of the time is left to your choice of hairline to suit your face. 

I know I said I was done with this debate but wow...to suggest smp is simply pressing a needle into someone's head...sad. It's a loooong process. Draining both physically and mentally. And it takes vision. There is no delete or undo button. It's not as simple as placing a dot here and there.

And further more, as I said earlier. To down play smp as a simple process takes away from the reputation of HIS. If it's so simple to accomplish then I'd go with whoever is willing to do it cheapest.

OnTheFence. You are preaching to the converted my friend. I never ever said it was simple. I have complete respect for all our practitioners who do amazing transformative work that requires significant training, enormous concentration, patience, experience... and to underwrite all that, for the total security of the client. a robust and supportive business behind them.

Personally I'm not that bothered by it, although it may have stalled me booking up in the first place if I wasn't able to search for some treatments done by the practitioner I'd been assigned.

The thing that bothers me is the editing of previous posts. My thread has a lot of mentions of the guys that did my sessions so this would need a fair bit of editing to make it still readable (unless they delete it). If HIS feel the need to substantially edit our posts to the point where they are not really our own comments anymore I think they should have some sort of disclaimer paragraph at the start of each thread they edit.

If they can edit our posts and change our words we should be able to edit our posts and remove pictures. I might be mistaken as I personally never tried to but from a few posts in the past and recently from other members it seems it's not something you can easily do.

If they can edit our posts and change our words we should be able to edit our posts and remove pictures. I might be mistaken as I personally never tried to but from a few posts in the past and recently from other members it seems it's not something you can easily do.

I think regular posters can edit posts within a 20 minute or less window cant remember for sure but I think when I had regular status I had a small window for edits, I don't think you can ever remove uploaded images though.

I honestly think that's something that needs to change. Personally I don't mind having The images up that I've posted at the moment. But if my identity is ever questioned by someone I know id want to have the power to remove them if I felt necessary. Anyways that's a whole different topic.

I think I know why HIS has instituted this policy. One of the practitioners that had worked in NY for 5 years left recently. I didn't hear much detail but I bet he was " poached " by another company, thus the new no- name policy on the forum. Could be wrong but it makes sense. That practitioner was mentioned very frequently on these boards. Idk.

Here's the thing with the "poaching" argument. They don't leave HIS because other companies ask nicely. They must be offering more money or incentives.

I think HIS needs to start thinking quality over quantity. Have a few clinics in major cities and a smaller roster of practitioners that they pay well. That way the quality of work is consistently better and practitioners are less likely to be poached because they are better paid.

Offer some kind of bonus system for brining in lots of clients.

Hell I kind of wish they even had some kind of policy where they gave a small percent to former clients who recommend new clients. I know I've personally inspired a few people on the forums and I've sent a couple other guys from my old system place. Even the oil company will throw 50 bucks your way for bringing them new customers.

this is stupid because just like me i know other clients lurked the forum before making a decision on making the plunge and get their smp done and the mentioning on names helps because you have options based on locations closest to you. im sorry but if there was a clinic Seattle and i lived right across the street from it and didn't know the results coming out it cause the practitioners weren't getting praised best believe i would travel to new york or chicago to get my smp. naming certain practitioners is a referral not blocking other clinics traffic. just be happy we're naming practitioners from HIS and not other companies who have good smp practitioners.

this is stupid because just like me i know other clients lurked the forum before making a decision on making the plunge and get their smp done and the mentioning on names helps because you have options based on locations closest to you. im sorry but if there was a clinic Seattle and i lived right across the street from it and didn't know the results coming out it cause the practitioners weren't getting praised best believe i would travel to new york or chicago to get my smp. naming certain practitioners is a referral not blocking other clinics traffic. just be happy we're naming practitioners from HIS and not other companies who have good smp practitioners.

Probably the best argument I have read yet for the policy of not naming practitioners. If you are luck enough to have a HIS clinic on your doorstep why on earth would you travel to another one?  Because a practitioner a thousand miles away does a great job of encouraging clients to post here? Please see my answer to your post on the other thread on this topic (thanks tfr1970).

I can see both sides of the debate.

I went to a consultation and requested someone based on the positive reviews received on this forum. Whilst I was there I saw work being done first hand and it was so good that I instantly decided to go to the practitioner that I'd seen working in the flesh. There was not one review about that practitioner on here. That backs up the points Ed makes about not having talent sitting around while others get work based on good reviews on here.

But....as a customer I feel it's only right to a) give credit where it's due, and B) help others on here with similar anxieties as I had about whether to do this and who to choose.

Ed - I wonder whether there could be any leeway in allowing the gallery to name who did the work. Just a thought. Potential customers could then decide the quality of that work and whether it is in keeping with what they are looking for.

There's also no associated bad or positive comment on that section. Just photos.

Probably the best argument I have read yet for the policy of not naming practitioners. If you are luck enough to have a HIS clinic on your doorstep why on earth would you travel to another one?  Because a practitioner a thousand miles away does a great job of encouraging clients to post here? Please see my answer to your post on the other thread on this topic (thanks tfr1970).

Ed... How is his post an argument FOR the policy of not naming practitioners?  This is a client expressing that he would indeed travel to another clinic if he could not see results of the clinic across the street from him.  If anything thats a powerful testament to the NEED to see results of each practitioner.  It's still amazing to me that people are being resistant to that concept.  I'm sure you'll tell me "its not the same" as you've done with all other analogies.  But would you buy a car without test driving it? Would you purchase a house without walking through it first? At a farmers market don't the good and confident venders allow you to sample their produce before you buy? My girlfriend has a relatively new and pricey restaurant right across the street from the road she lives on.  We've gone twice, it sucked.  We now travel to farther restaurants when we're hungry, why? Because we want the best for what we are paying for.

If anything, the fact that clients are willing to travel lends itself to what I said about HIS focusing on a few successful locations than trying to expanding and spreading the talent thin.  Trust me, if someone wants the SMP bad enough they'll travel for it.

Oh, and that's funny slipping in "the practitioner does a great job convincing clients to post here."  I signed up for the forum and became an active poster LONG before I even knew the practitioner I chose existed.  If anything, my presence on the board describing my SMP journey was more inspired by another member of the forum.  One who made the time to meet myself and another young man to see his SMP in person.  All he hoped in return was that we also in some form help others who are unsure about the procedure.  No one has ever asked to see me in person, so I have tried my best to promote my experience through the forum.

In-fact most of the diaries we see on here come form people who first lurked the forum, then signed up to ask specific questions, then after they did it came back to post their results. I think there are few if any examples of someone suddenly posting on the forum for the first time AFTER their procedure because they were convinced to by a practitioner.

Because he can see the results from over the road. If you are lucky enough to live across the street from a HIS clinic you can go in and meet the practitioners. See examples of their work. Even see them at work!

Which is exactly why people do not travel and why this debate is a non event.

What do you base these assumptions on in any case... that any focus is applied to one clinic over another? Or that people travel come to that? Or that the talent is spread thin. Sorry OnTheFence but post after post is littered with accusations that might give the impression you have some insight to our business that you obviously do not have.  They are not just without merit, they are plain wrong and counter-productive to a reasoned debate.

All I have offered in return are honest answers. I can do that because I am representing an honest and ethical business that always puts the client first... whichever clinic they walk into.

Because he can see the results from over the road. If you are lucky enough to live across the street from a HIS clinic you can go in and meet the practitioners. See examples of their work. Even see them at work!

Which is exactly why people do not travel and why this debate is a non event.

What do you base these assumptions on in any case... that any focus is applied to one clinic over another? Or that people travel come to that? Or that the talent is spread thin. Sorry OnTheFence but post after post is littered with accusations that might give the impression you have some insight to our business that you obviously do not have.  They are not just without merit, they are plain wrong and counter-productive to a reasoned debate.

All I have offered in return are honest answers. I can do that because I am representing an honest and ethical business that always puts the client first... whichever clinic they walk into.

What encourages people to post here is RESULTS ed not a specific practitioner. If they all did superb jobs they would all be named as well correct? why haven't other practitioners been mentioned?

is going to a clinic and watching a session even allowed? just asking cause you said it.

Also you said in the other thread the girl from the UK is your very best cause she touches up ian so thats encouraging people to travel to UK to check her out. So you're referring her the way we are referring practitioners we know do excellent smp.

Not trying to start a war but, I think MOTF is very ego- centric with some of his views about HIS.

I saw him state that the best practitioners are based in NY. Why, because that is where he went? Anecdotal observation. I have seen pictures done at all the other U.S. locations and they all look equally well done.

As far as him " sending " and inspiring clients to choose HIS and feeling like he should receive some type of finder's fee, well, that's just laughable.

Yes, seeing his journal was a small part of my decision, but I also looked at posts and pictures from at least a couple of dozen other clients. My biggest influence was actually seeing SMP in person.

Dealing with HIS and reading this forum has led me to believe HIS is a quality company that can be trusted. I am going to trust that this no- name policy is not some sort of sinister ruse and follow their request.

Tfr, I can't really say, for the clinic I went to only has one technician. My only point is that HIS seems to be a stand up company and I think this insistence on certain practitioners at certain locations is causing jealousy, anger and morale problems.I think it is more than just poaching by other companies.

While there are always people in any field that are " better" than others, from my research and experience, HIS trains their techs very extensively and I don't believe they would allow a sub par tech to work on clients just to make money.

Who is the " best " at SMP is very subjective.

Not trying to start a war but, I think MOTF is very ego- centric with some of his views about HIS.

I saw him state that the best practitioners are based in NY. Why, because that is where he went? Anecdotal observation. I have seen pictures done at all the other U.S. locations and they all look equally well done.

As far as him " sending " and inspiring clients to choose HIS and feeling like he should receive some type of finder's fee, well, that's just laughable.

Yes, seeing his journal was a small part of my decision, but I also looked at posts and pictures from at least a couple of dozen other clients. My biggest influence was actually seeing SMP in person.

Dealing with HIS and reading this forum has led me to believe HIS is a quality company that can be trusted. I am going to trust that this no- name policy is not some sort of sinister ruse and follow their request.

I personally do believe one of the best techs is at the NYC clinic. I held that opinion before having my own SMP done based on plenty of evidence from others posting pictures of his work.

As for my comment about getting a finders fee, it was in light of making a point. That the results posted here Are indeed often the cherry on top that makes a client decide to go to his. As for it being a laughable idea? Not at all, it's actually a common practice for many businesses. You better believe the prices we pay for most things in life are inflated. So doesn't hurt for a business give back a tiny amount when you bring them in new clients.