Lebron James

Questions about 1st smp session

So I'll be getting my 1st session this Saturday. I currently have a girlfriend and I'm trying to figure out how I can get by my treatments without her finding out. I'm 21 years old and she's 20. I know I'm one of the younger ones on this forum but I feel smp is the best decision I can make right now to address my hair loss. Not only do I have hair loss, I have a lot of gray hairs as well. You can only imagine how shitty it feels to be 21 in your prime looking like your 31. I feel like smp will be a great look for me. I'm a black male so I'm going for the more sharper defined hairline. I know a lot of you suggest the broken receded look but that's the look that I have currently combined with a lot of gray hair. It's only going to get worse so I feel now is the right time to take stand.

Back to my girlfriend, how can I get through the treatment without her finding out? Should I tell her that I'm going out of town for a couple weeks? Or is the smp presentable after the first session in most cases? I don't see her everyday, so if it's presentable then I don't have to lie and say I'm going out of town. However, I've seen a lot of cases on here in which there was not really a noticeable difference after the first session making them look completely bald and I don't want to reveal a completely bald/lack of density look to her.

I'm hoping this can all be completed with two sessions. I still have a lot of hair on my head. It's the appearance of a huge forehead that really bothers me. First session is the 17th, second session is the 23rd. How should I go about this?

Also, having the aggressive smp look will look even better if your in good shape. I'm a skinny guy. I planned on starting a bulking/heavy weight lifting cycle. But I know that sweating isn't recommend after your session. Should I wait until I'm completely finished with all of my sessions to start lifting?

Hello again Lebron.

Your first treatment can fade considerably, it is when the clinic learns what they need to know about how your scalp fades, and which areas of your scalp are most prone. So it is difficult to guarantee that there won't be some noticeable changes going on in that week after your first session. Typically it is the second session that is the charm.

Don't feel comfortable trying to answer how you should play all this with your girlfriend, would have thought honesty might be your best policy. If you decide against it I would love to hear how it all turns out.

As for the gym, you might want to put off your new regime for a couple of weeks. Excessive sweating is not good for a new SMP.

dont know about an aggresive hairline I would be guided in part by whoever works on you , dont see point of receaded look either - as for the Gym id wait until 10 days after session 2 - I took 2 weeks off work to get session 1/2 done , its about feeling comfortable looking in a mirror and seeing a stranger looking back at you .

As for your age I wish this was around when I was 21 as ID not have wasted 30 yrs of my life , good luck mate .

@His-Ed I would just be honest about it with her but she's just my girlfriend and it can come back to haunt me someday if we had a bad breakup. As for the gym I'll hold off on that until after. Thanks for your response!

@david1963 Yeah I'll see what the practitioner recommends for me and I'll hold off on the gym. I'm very happy that I came across smp. I almost wasted 8k on a hair transplant. This will definitely rescue my 20s & I'll actually look my age.

LeBron- I'm with you -- don't tell your girlfriend. If you break up (I would say 'when', because you're young and you will have lots of other girlfriends in your life, especially after your SMP boosts your confidence and you upgrade, but I won't say that because you should hope for the best), she might blow you up on instagram or something. Plus she's young, so she might not be as mature and understanding as other women and think you're weird for getting a tattoo on your head. You're clearly not, but immature girls might think so. Anyway, best not to risk it.

FYI none of my girlfriends know I got SMP, and that's my choice, and it's worked out great for me.

As for how you can duck her, here are my three suggestions:

A) You could start coughing a day or two before your appointment. Then get full blown sick/contagious with the flu for the three days you're out of commission. Then on the 4th day after your treatment, you can clip your hair and magically recover from your phantom illness and see her again. 

B) Tell her you're going out of town. On business, to see a friend, to visit an uncle, whatever. You can talk to her on the phone, text, snapchat (with a hat on), whatever. Then on the 4th day after treatment, you come back into town looking great.

C) You tell her your super busy doing homework or working extra shifts or whatever. If you see her, make sure it's for a little time only and keep your hat on. 

You'll be fine. I'm excited for you. I wish I had gotten my treatment when I was your age. I spent a good 15 years of my life worried and self-conscious, and that all went away once I got my SMP. You're starting early, and with the confidence and peace of mind you're going to gain, it might change the course of your life in terms of your career trajectory, the quality of woman you marry, etc. 

If you have any questions or concerns or tips, let us know on the forum.

PS- I hope Kevin Love comes back from injury. You deserve another ring for going back to Cleveland.

Broken hairline is not about being receeded. Trust me, black guy or not, close up hair does not grow in a perfect 100% unbroken line. A nice broken norwood 1 unreceeded hairline is best. Looks nice and defined from distance but upon face to face convo's etc it looks alot more natural than a big line across your head that will unconciously draw every single persons eye towards it.

@alecbaldwin Thanks for the great response! Yes I'm hoping to upgrade in every aspect of life. Self confidence is everything. I wasn't blessed with the very best genetics sadly. Had really bad acne in high school and once I took care of that I started to loose hair at a rapid rate. My dad went bald at 25 and I'm right on pace lol. This year has been the worse it's looked. Can't go anywhere without a hat. Anyways I told my girlfriend that I'm going out of town to be a counselor at a boys and girls club with my uncle so I'm all clear! Haha I'm mainly a Kobe fan though. My old coworker examined my hair and called me Lebron James via my username. Ouch! Haha. Now is the perfect time for this treatment. My gf always addresses my gray hair and that she wants to dye it for me. & there's been a couple times when she asked me why is all my hair falling off. And every time I take off my hat I catch her staring. Sucks.

@david1963 thanks! That's always good to hear. The only thing I'm worried about is maintenance/touch ups down the road.

@honda Can you show me a couple of pics of what you mean? I'm not even sure which Norwood I fall under. I'll post a couple pics so I can get your opinion if I figure out how to.

My homeboy lives in LA and his hair is receding and he uses a spray on thing for his hairline. All the actors use it like Jami Foxx and Steve Harvey. But it seems like a pain in the ass, and it only can mask an inch or so. And you can't get it wet, and it rubs off and smears if you're not careful. Anything more than that and I don't think it would work.

Anyway I know SMP will fill in the blanks and give you the illusion of having more thickness on your hairline. But I'm not sure if you'll be able to keep it that long or if you'll need to go a little closer to the scalp. I'm sure your practitioner and consultation guy had/have a good opinion on what you'll be able to get away with. I'm happy for you.

Nice call on the camp counselor! You'll buy yourself a few days, plus she'll think you're a great guy giving back to the kids! Double win!

BTW your boy Kobe is done! 

real talk the 1st session will fade out but it's just a foundation for session 2 and 3 if you need 3. after the 1st session you can't sweat or shave your head for 4 days plus you have to get session 2 a week later so that way you you know what to do and how to duck your girl lol the redness last bout 2 days i told people I had a sunburn and they felt for it. after session 2 the same rules apply of session 1. give it bout a month to fully settle and you'll be able to tell if you need a 3rd session. hope this helps.