Sign in to follow this  
Jus Jay

Thinking about a 4th procedure

Whats up everybody, I have received 3 procedures and I foolishly thought that the guarantee started after my last procedure. I have noticed a little fading by my right temple and some light spots on my head. It has been a little over a year since I had my procedure and even though I am still happy with the results, I feel I might need more procedures. My girlfriend tells me I don't but I think she is just being supportive and doesn't want me to spend money for no reason. On the other hand I do not want to go into overkill and have a sloppy looking fake scalp. I hear (practitioner named, deleted) is the man in NYC and I would want him to do the procedure since the original guy doesn't work there anymore. Please check out my pics and let me know what you think. I also don't know when the best time to shave my head is, I feel if I can see stubble, the whole world can see it (even tho I know it isn't true) I usually shave every other day or if I'm lazy I will wait 3 but I won't go out without a hat. Last but not least I think I have been using the wrong moisturizer, Jergens "Natural Glow" it's supposed to give you a tan skin tone which it does but I think it adds shine as well. I use sunscreen if I'm going to the beach but if the sun isn't out, I don't use it.

Long story short, let me know if you think I need to see ([practitioner named, deleted)!!!!

2 pics are day 3

Looks a bit sparse. I would definitely suggest taking advantage of that touch up before time runs out.

Who did you first 3 sessions?

(Practitioner named, deleted) did my first 3 and I am out of my 1 year window because I thought the guarantee lasted a year from my final procedure. 

I posted in your similar thread in the other forum.  I also agree with those who said it looks perfect.  To me the only odd thing I see is the top down picture of the top of your head.  The hairline to 2 inches in looks darker than the rest of the head.  Is there a reason why?

I posted in your similar thread in the other forum.  I also agree with those who said it looks perfect.  To me the only odd thing I see is the top down picture of the top of your head.  The hairline to 2 inches in looks darker than the rest of the head.  Is there a reason why?

It was the shadow from the iPhone 6 plus. When I first posted the picture I even noticed that. I appreciate it! I do love the procedure, I'm self conscious about it though. I think that if I see stubble, everyone will see it and that forces me to want to shave every other day. The only people that know that I have had this done is my mother and my girlfriend. I do get compliments on how my head looks. I have a friend who when I cut my hair and was bald mentioned my head right away, he was the same friend that when I got the procedure told me right away "Oh you got that REAL LOW fade!" and he is brutally honest so I guess I passed lol! Thank you @MrOnTheFence

If your girlfriend is cool with it and you don't get comments from friends or family members like:  Dude, you got a bald patch. Dude, you balding.  Dude you thinning. Dude you need to start using Rogaine.  Then I wouldn't bother with a touch up yet.

It was the shadow from the iPhone 6 plus. When I first posted the picture I even noticed that. I appreciate it! I do love the procedure, I'm self conscious about it though. I think that if I see stubble, everyone will see it and that forces me to want to shave every other day. The only people that know that I have had this done is my mother and my girlfriend. I do get compliments on how my head looks. I have a friend who when I cut my hair and was bald mentioned my head right away, he was the same friend that when I got the procedure told me right away "Oh you got that REAL LOW fade!" and he is brutally honest so I guess I passed lol! Thank you @MrOnTheFence

I'm the same way about the stubble.  Honestly I don't mind the shaving. I shave at least once a day and sometimes twice (if I'm going out again later in the day). Aside from not wanting the stubble to look too long compared to the SMP, keeping it shaved to the bone keeps the entire head feeling smooth.  You never know when someone is going to want to rub your head.

But as I said, to me shaving isn't a bother.  Put it this way.  When I wore system my average time styling my "hair" was probably between 15-20 minutes.  Sometimes much longer.  If I was bald with no SMP I'd want to keep the horseshoe shaven anyway, so I'd still be shaving every day.  And if I still had a full head of hair I'd be washing and styling it every day. 

So no matter what I'd have to put some time into my hair/head.  So 3-5 minutes once or twice a day to shave is nothing for me.  I dry shave with a foil shaver usually.  Quick and no mess.  Once in a while I'll wet shave it.

I'm trying to get the Mrs to accompany me to the clinic here in L.A for a consult, as I'm thinking about an additional procedure

Must have somehow missed this post when you originally put it up Jazzhead.  Curious to know how things went forward. Great idea to get your Mrs in the room I would have thought... a third opinion from someone with a vested interest in the outcome.

Out of interest, what was the additional procedure you had in mind?