FML

OMFG Whyyyy whyyyyyyyy

just a quick update, i decided not to proceed with treatment #2.  Before reading, please keep in mind this is just my opinion based on my personal experience.  im not here to bash anyone, insult anyone, or blame anyone.

So this company has been around long enough to assumingly get the things that happened to me right.  If this was its first year in existence, then it would be a bit different.  I think the "growing pains" phase should have been well over by now.  

So after my last conversation with customer service and a long decision, i came to the following conclusion;  Losing $ is not worth the possible outcome.  

ive been working in the sales and service industry for a longggg time,  im a pretty logical and rationale guy so here are my reasons for not proceeding; 

If i could re do this, i would and will deal with someone i can actually speak to, like physically go see, the next day..... if something goes wrong, that is....   not a stuck up female voice overseas.  

I asked several times to have someone other than a CS rep call me back. did that happen?  nope...  So God forbid something went wrong, im not going to be one of those guys on th forum who gets told "hang in there pal, HIS hair will take care of you, just hang tight"  unfortunately, this is not a risk i can take.      the day of my appointment,  and up to now, you would think someone like a manager/supervisor would call me and see why I missed my appointment and never even called them back... nope... I did however get a call the day of my appt morning from the very same girl who gave me an attitude the day i called.    i found that pretty funny.  

For all those considering this, think long and hard when deciding who you are going to be dealing with ,and whos hands you will be in.  I dont care who founded or invented this, i care what the outcome will be and what can be done to mitigate/ solve any risk if it were to occur.  Does it suck to lose money?  Biiiiiiiig time!  but is $400 worth the possible stress if something were to go wrong?  HELLzzz mutha********* NO.  at the end of the day, the snooty customer service girl will not be losing sleep over this, you will.  

Now, about my actual results, unless i shave, they have for the most part faded as i was told.   The actual work looked really good. So I will be proceeding to get a perm SMP, just by a company I can feel good about doing busiess with and can show up if something wrong happened.    so for those considering SMP, it actually looks really good, definitely not a gimmick.  The work of the actual practitioner Jonathan ,who was really good.  you can tell he knows what he is doing, he was skilled and pleasant to deal with.  unfortunately, hes not there to pick up IF something went wrong,  a girl with an attitude is....      

Hopefully lessons are learned from this.   maybe its just me but if the owner/ manager is actually reading this.  Next time maybe you should call back a worried customer asking to speak to you.  This isnt a $19.99 purchase....  in my view this company has crap policies and customer service .  if not for a few talented practitioners, you wouldn't be in business!     

hope that heps any guys looking to possibly deal with these guys. 

Cheers

Southpaw,   its honesty a long story.  I originally canceled, had cold feet etc... i called a few times (probably like most of us), in this line of business, im sure its "the usual" , calling cust service/ canceling that is

Instead of being spoken to professionally,  I found myself arguing with a nasty girl/woman who has NOOOOO idea what this feels like to begin with (balding, going through with this procedure etc..)  I felt i was being rushed, was spoken to like im a #, not a person, the answers that i was given when asked questions were turnoffs.  the fact that for a week i called to speak to someoen other than cust service.  almost 2 weeks have passed,  you would think id get a call and see what went wrong?  NOPE.  So  I just really got an idea of who i would be dealing with....  

FML I am trying to understand your frustration? The procedure looked great and in your first post you said you were saying how great this was and you should have done it sooner. If everything looks great and like you said its not the company you are worried about its the practitioner why all of a sudden the bashing. I understand the frustration of Customer Service but if I feel I am not getting what I want I ask for someone else to talk to it really is that simple. I wish you could explain better such a turn around.

My suspicions maybe what I had questioned at an earlier date. If a client is satisfied before the quoted number of sessions will they be refunded for the 400 dollar deposit.

FML keeps saying losing money isn't worth the chance of ruining the look. So it sounds like he wanted to stop with his SMP while he was happy with it, but had trouble over the 400 dollar deposit.

Just my interpretation.

If someone is worried over a $400 deposit, they probably shouldn't be spending money on something aesthetic such as SMP. This forum should be about results, not someone angry over $400. His results looked great, btw. Just my opinion.

I have to disagree southpaw. I might be wrong but I think what he is saying is he is satisfied with his first and doesn't want to risk getting more and ruining what he's already happy with. In which case I would also expect to get my deposit back if I'm not going to receive any other sessions it should be like the deposit went towards the first. A deposit isn't free money for the company...it's suppose to go towards what you pay.

If it's what I suspect then anyone from a young kid who saved up for a year to bill gates should expect a refund of the deposit.

Sorry guys, im not on here daily.  

apologies if my message wasnt very clear.  first, let me clear this up,  I am NOT on here to "bash"...  Im just stating what i experienced.  If you cant believe someone had a bad experience at HIS, then dont have an open forum.   im not on here to debate or argue with anyone. Im just sharing my experience, and hopefully helping others make better decisions if they need to.  I didnt feel comfortable doing business with this company after session 1, end of story.   

For those that need play by play details, here goes.     I originally scheduled my first appt to 4-5 days after speaking with HIS cust service.  

So, lets say i called on monday, i was there on thursday, scheduled my appt for the following tuesday.    On friday (the very next day of scheduling) I had cold feet, called to cancel.  They obv wouldnt give me my deposit back so i asked to speak to a manager.  i called 4-5 times,  and nope, no one would return my call.  ... I asked for "credit" for when I am ready to proceed, to use the money then.   Being that i canceled the very next day, i figured it would be possible.   NOPE,  no refund, no deposit toward next appt.    a few weeks pass, I decided to call back again,  this time i was told that if i put down another $400 deposit, "toward session 2" then the initial $400 would go toward the work done.  that was fine by me.  I was happy.  spoken to like a child, but thats ok.    

fast fwd, now i get the procedure done, and i am happy with my results till this day...  Why do i have to get session 2 done the very next week? and why is that money lost?   it was very rushed, and YES The cust service was that nasty and rude.  im sorry but that is important to ME!   sad part is Id probably get better customer service at mcdonalds. oh and a smile at the end...

Lets put money aside, this is almost as serious as getting some sort of cosmetic surgery (even though its not invasive)  this is a big decision nor is it cheap.   If this was a nose job, or dental implants, would i get a call back from my doctor?  Would i be bullied into multiple deposits?  Would i be able to speak to my doctor, maybe a nurse??    if something went wrong,  administrative or actual work, would i be faced with arguing back and fourth on the phone with customer service ?or be able to come in and speak to someone?    you cant do that here.   

So, that is the reason I chose not to continue with HIS.  I was not willing to do business with a company that at the end of the day gave me a bad vibe.  

If anyone wants to know what color shirt i wore, cologne i used that day, shoes worn etc,  please feel free to ask 

Cheers

so i thought your first session looked awesome, so did you?  and im just trying to get a handle on this thread, so you didnt go through with second session because when you called they didnt respond to your liking? or timley in your opinion? we all have hangups, but i will say this, it looks damn good bro? Johnathon did a great job, id take a breath and think about this, you may find another company, who knows what they will do, HIs did a great job and you will be with same practiontioner, i wouldnt risk that. But of course we are all grownup and make up our own minds. and have to live with them, good luck brother !

if something went wrong,  administrative or actual work, would i be faced with arguing back and fourth on the phone with customer service ?or be able to come in and speak to someone?    you cant do that here. 

I dont know how much time you have spent on the forums, but when problems arise, the CEO frequently offers to meet in person with clients, or converse by phone/email if it's more convenient.  Yes, some people report poor customer service experiences, but HIS has a pretty good track record of taking care of the clients, especially when there are issues with the treatment.

In this case, it sounds like HIS ended up working with you on the deposit issue, and that you were happy with the outcome.

If you cant believe someone had a bad experience at HIS, then dont have an open forum.  

That's not really the issue, the issue is that it's difficult to understand exactly what the problem is.

From what i can gather, it seems that you are saying you are satisfied with the work but dont want to continue your treatments with HIS because you felt the CS rep was rude to you on the phone.

I also think there is more to it in regards to the deposit, but im not entirely clear on that yet.

I didnt feel comfortable doing business with this company after session 1, end of story.

You said you were happy with the resolution that you and HIS reached regarding the deposit before your first session, and you were happy with the results of the first session. So what is the issue now?

Do you want a 2nd session or not? 

If you do, and it sounds like you do, then what is the issue? Is it that HIS is making you get the 2nd session 1 week after your first, and you would rather wait longer?

Or is it that you dont want a second session, and you want the deposit on the second session back?