Jimbojames

Last minute nerves

Going under the needles tomorrow. Just hoping it doesn't look ridiculous and doesn't go wrong. I've done a lot of reading on this site and seen some people really happy and some who wish they never had it.

I've been really looking forward to it up until now but I am having second thoughts.....

Thanks guys. I get your logic. I guess it's a mix of excitement with nerves. I'm sure once I'm in there I'll go with the flow.

I shaved down to a number one last night (I never dared do that before because of fut scars on the back) and it really didn't look too bad. The scars were hardly visible and I I think it will be a look that suits me. I'm gonna go for a light smp with a feathered soft receded look. I can always go darker and lower on the second or third. I will let you know how it goes Fingers crossed :)

Cheers David1963. Boarding the roller-coaster at 1.30. Just had some pareceptamol and contemplating Hating Hats technique of a glass of wine during the procedure.

just to say this forum has been a real source of information. When you're doing this without people knowing it's been reassuring to read from people who've gone through it and to listen to their advice and encouragement.

I will let you all know how it goes, good or bad!

Im going to start mine in August, im normally a very negative person but all i feel is excited about having a hairline again. Just think positive and you will be fine, soon you will be able to put baldness behind you.

good luck brother, i'm still pondering  if i'm going to get the treatment. I know it looks good on a lot of ppl but right now i feel like it's not worth the risk of it going bad. I mean imagine getting laser to take it off or if you get a bad job done and ppl call you out on it. Thats even worse and imo it's straight up more embarrassing than being bald. Accept it and embrace it is the way i look at it. 

The way i see it, here we are... all adults on this site with one thing in common we are losing our hair or lost our hair. It's a small set back i mean there are ppl out there who have it way worse ppl missing limbs, can't walk properly, can't see, have diabetes etc.

So to put things in perspective it's not the end of the world guys and not even that bad. Just go to the gym get jacked and grow a beard. 

All the best and good luck to you on this treatment.

Yeah you have a point. It's not for everyone. If we were happy with our bald heads then everyone here including yourself wouldn't be here. But the fact is we weren't happy and we found a solution. So I don't see a reason why we can't go to the gym, grow a beard and have a hairline as well.

you could have gone to the Maldives and felt good for 2 weeks - or you could have done what you did and change your whole life for the better and that not only brings happiness to you but in turn all who truly care about you .

As for hairline , ive not seen any pics of you but im in the camp of having a lower hairline - why look 10 yrs younger when you can look 20 yrs younger - the cost is the same !!

You can stop looking in every reflective surface now and go to bed , what it looks like tonight bears no resemplance to how it will look a month from now - enjoy but remember 1st 3 months is a rollercoaster - just hold on and have faith !!

Yeah you have a point. It's not for everyone. If we were happy with our bald heads then everyone here including yourself wouldn't be here. But the fact is we weren't happy and we found a solution. So I don't see a reason why we can't go to the gym, grow a beard and have a hairline as well.

I see what you're saying but i'm talking about the risk vs reward factor here. Is it worth taking the chance of it going bad? I am here bc i am considering it not because i'm not happy with the way i look but bc it could enhance my look. There's a difference, majority of ppl here are life or death with a shiny bald head and it's not that case and it shouldn't be.

If you shave your head with a razor, clippers on a 0 or use a face shaver you are closer to having SMP done than someone who is still trapped behind a wig or combover 1. Because you probally cut your hair every 2-3 days 2. You have already got over cutting your hair short.

The bad cases i have seen are people who go too dark thats it, i still have not seen a natural looking smp (colour or density) procedure that looks blotchy or like a helmet.

As far as hairlines, different hairlines look better on others but ultimately its your choice, straight, receded, feathered, curved etc it doesn't really matter as long as you dont go over your frown lines it will be fine.

@gainz you have time but the majority of people who left it years to get it done have said they regretted not having it done sooner.

I'm off for second treatment tomorrow. I'm happy with the results so far. Ink seems to have held pretty well I think.

Interestingly the ink has held very well on the scars at the back. I thought they would fade but instead due to more density being put over them, they are still much darker than the rest of the head. Looks like I have a bar code on the back. Bit worried that this means I will have to go this dark with rest of the head to blend in. I'll send a photo shortly.

Don't think it's bruising. It was like this immediately after the treatment. It's actually the same colour ink as the rest of my treatment (no 50) but the density makes it a lot darker than the rest. I will see what they say tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it is normal and I am confident it will look good. Marcus said scars either suck up all the ink or take it better than the rest of the head.

Well after 2nd treatment the scars have been blended in pretty well I think.

The lower one was indented and appears as a big wrinkle but because it's low it looks like a natural wrinkle. Haven't shaved in this picture for 3 days and it needs to be done

I'm really pleased with the whole procedure so far. It's now day 9. It does look lighter but I think this is good. Any opinions on whether I should go for a third? I would like the sprinkle of darker dots but because the density if high due to having to blend the scar, I don't want to over do it though.

post-300256-0-37788900-1438849197_thumb.jpg