Jimbojames

Last minute nerves

Well it's day 5 since 3rd treatment.

I went for 40 on the first 2 and it did lighten a lot but I don't think it faded. The scars have blended in perfectly. I was really happy with it when I arrived for treatment 3 and wasn't sure whether to do another. I had no pressure at all from His to do it even though I had been booked in for the session. After about an hour of thinking and discussing I finally decided to do it. I had been worried after reading another post that someone had regretted it because it was darker but then again I was holiday for a week and thought it would be a good time.

Went for 40 again and kept the hairline high. I had just a light session and imo it looks very natural and I am pleased.

For those of you still thinking, in terms of roller-coasters... Mine has only been a kiddies one! No one has noticed and for those I have told they all said 'good for you'. I was a nw6 I think and allthough the baldness has gone I think because i kept it light and the hairline high and soft, I've got away with not bringing attention to the treatment. I am of the school that I can always go darker or lower on my fourth treatment which if it holds well I will do sometime in the year. Everyone wants different outcomes and I respect that. For me, this is the outcome I wanted and so I really couldnt have wanted more. Gone are the days of a number 4 horseshoe with whispy hairs on the top. My scars are covered, feel younger and have a natural hairline for a 44 year old bloke.

I will post pictures soon when it's settled. I spent a year considering and massive anxieties about doing it. I know now that although understandable, I neednt have worried. My advice is go light, conservative and change later if you want to.

Thought I'd check in again and give an update.

Had my 3rd treatment about a month ago. I work in a school with 150 staff and over 1000 students. Lots of people have told me I've shaved my head! Unbelievably no one has realised its SMP. I've told a couple of people about the treatment but again none of them said they could notice it at all. This is a massive relief for me.

So I couldnt have hoped for anything better in terms of colour, hairline and natural look.

What are the down sides though? The big one for me is the HT scar. Although the Smp in the scar has not faded, isn't white and is blended perfectly, it is indented and is noticeable in certain lights and angles.

Everything was great until the other day when I went into my staff room and some guy asked me if I had a Hair transplant scar!! In front of them all. I was off guard and the best I could come up with was 'no'. Why didn't I come up with a mineshaft accident or some other believable story? He then went on to tell everyone about a fxxxing documentary he'd seen about how they take a strip and implant the hairs individually. I couldn't move from the seat I'd found with my back to the wall.

This guy knew his stuff and I needed to shut him up. I didn't want more of his questioning so the next day I confronted him and told him that I had a busy youth and yes I had a HT years ago. I also told him I didn't appreciate him asking personal questions in front of other colleagues. He apologised and said he had accepted that it wasnt a HT scar because the rest of my head looked so natural. The incident though has made me really conscious of the scar on the back and I'm going to have try to learn to live with it.

I'm thinking about light and what's behind me a lot and it's a real downer because the rest of the Smp looks amazing and so natural. I love the look too. Lots of people have said I look 10 years younger!!

On the whole, I think the treatment is fantastic. I just wish I had got it years ago and never had the HT scar.

Appeciate any advice from others with scars and possible explanations for a 12 cm straight indent on the back of my head?

It seems important that nothing else has been said where you work given the number of people there - . At the end of the day if you see a scar on the head of someone with a complete hairline it isn't an HT scar... but for most that would be a thought process that is likely to be subconscious anyway. The degree to which people don't pay attention to something that doesn't look unusual in some way is remarkable. The truth of that is something that can really hit home after SMP.

Did a quick google search looking for smart answers for explaining an HT scar on your head, nothing very elegant I am afraid. I would suggest something ambiguous like a sailing accident... if pressed you can make a chopping motion with your hand toward the back of your head while saying "broken boom,snapped line"... and swiftly move on.

Other suggestions welcome. My 14 year old has you as having been caught with his wife by an angry Samurai and only just getting away.

It seems important that nothing else has been said where you work given the number of people there - . At the end of the day if you see a scar on the head of someone with a complete hairline it isn't an HT scar... but for most that would be a thought process that is likely to be subconscious anyway. The degree to which people don't pay attention to something that doesn't look unusual in some way is remarkable. The truth of that is something that can really hit home after SMP.

Did a quick google search looking for smart answers for explaining an HT scar on your head, nothing very elegant I am afraid. I would suggest something ambiguous like a sailing accident... if pressed you can make a chopping motion with your hand toward the back of your head while saying "broken boom,snapped line"... and swiftly move on.

Other suggestions welcome. My 14 year old has you as having been caught with his wife by an angry Samurai and only just getting away.

But the point of having this done is so people cant easily see the scar. I am only getting the scar done because the top being bald doesnt bother me. But i dont want to pay thousands of dollars and have this done, traveling and paying for hotels only to have to lie to people who can still see my scar.

Lets hope my scar work is good when finished. The whole point of this is so people dont see it, if we still feel the need to make up stories or stand in certain light, whats the point??

Strangely enough no one has mentioned it apart from this one guy and I certainly work with a lot of people who would have no hesitation in mentioning it. I can deduce from this that the scar is more in my head than on it.

Best compliment ever last week. I was in a meeting when when a fellow baldy sitting next to me joked that us baldies should stick together. Another guy opposite who always likes to take the piss, said to us that the difference between us was that I chose to look like this whereas the other didn't. Wow! He had no idea. I was a nw5 or 6 and people genuinely have no idea that what I have now is not natural. Even I'm convinced that I just shave my head.

So despite the scar not being 100%, only one person has mentioned it.

I would never want to go back to thick hair around the sides covering up the scars with nothing on top. Anyone having doubts, I can truthfully say just do it!

you can have indentation of the skin fixed by filling it in.. they can do it for dents in your skull where they inject / fill in the area under the skin to even out the dented area.. plastic surgeons probably do it.