Sign in to follow this  
winnyblues

question

http://imgur.com/JxtIA3q

thats what I want to do. 

as you can see i already have a huge forehead naturally and high hairline so if it recedes anymore ill have an alien size forehead  :(, thtas why i want to get smp done

is that possible with a 0 guard if i shave everyday cause i don't want to wet shave. my main concern with wet shaving and Smp is that it'll leave no stubble and if any girl rubs her hand over my head will be like what the fuck i can see your hair, but its smooth? cause thats what im mst worried about with wet shaving. 

im resigned to the fact that I'll have to shave my head but I'm already doing that so its ok

If you get a hairline of SMP as far down as you outlined it may look a little weird if the rest of your hair is zero guarded down. But maybe not...the results wouldn't be apparent until you try.

Now, I shave my remaining hair with a foil shaver. And while it does come close to shaving as close as a razor blade there is always still a bit on stubble feel, especially when rubbed against the grain. With all the hair you have left, if you shaved with a foil shaver I doubt it's going to feel completely smooth.

I don't know how much your current hairline bothers you, but if I were you I'd just get SMP up to your existing hairline it'll act like a concealer and give you a fuller look. Plus you'd still be able to wear your hair about as long as in he pic give or take. And at that point you can play around with different shaving methods and lengths. After a few years if your real hairline recedes more then you can just get a new hairline added to your SMP if you want. But by the. You might already like/accept where the hairline is at.

hey bro in my opinion you already look good you still have a full head of hair and don't need smp is for us guys are really losing our hair or got next to nothing left

I cant deal with it, im only 24 and its only gonna get worse. I know you guys dont think its bad yet but ive been wearung a hat everywhere for the last 2 years, it's because my forehead is so big already that im even considering smp.

I just wanna bring the hairline down that much and i plan to get an fue ht 5 years down the track. :(

Nah that's too far down if you want to keep the hair buzzed and have it look right, like I said in the previous thread you may be able to get away with a 1-2mm drop but expanding beyond that the contrast will become noticeable.

You said 'It's only going to get worse' if it does get worse you'd have to shave down with an electric shaver or razor to get the best result so you'd have to accept that at some point, 5 years is a long time to let hair-loss progress so its likely inevitable regardless of your feelings, only way you can stop that is by using hair loss medications.

Thing with a HT is you should go see a reputable HT doctor now and get an assessment, he'll check your donor and tell you roughly how much you have available, FuE provides the least amount of grafts overall so if your hair-loss became much worse you may not have the donor to support it. HT's consider a lot of factors, the doctor would look at future loss, hair loss history, family hair loss patterns, grafts available, balding area to cover and if the client uses hairloss medications, most HT results you see are people using medications as most surgeons highly recommend them otherwise you are chasing the hairloss constantly. 

You not considered growing your hair longer and having a fringe? would solve your current issue and it's considered in style.

im on finasteride (propecia) last 7 months and it has halted my hair loss/my hairline hasnt gotten any worse

can't grow a fringe man my hair is baldingin a diffuse pattern, ITS SO tHIN when i grow it out its fucked lol

i dont understand how the contrast can be noticeable, the guy i saw for my initial consultation with SMP done on his head it looked like normal shaved head, isnt that the same as using an electric beard shaver and shaving it to the skin or am i mistaken here?

id be happy to wetshave/shave IF it leaves some stubble. caue i dont want a girl touching my head and feeling smoothness 

Ahhh fair enough then, if you keep to that it may improve a bit and should halt future loss. I'd recommend Biotin for thinning hair also, really helped me a lot, its all natural no side effects, its basically a protein tablet that promotes good hair growth. 

Could always use a touch of concealer, if you grew it out, wouldn't need much.

But how bald was this guy? how close was he cutting his hair? if he had the entire top done and had barely nothing on top then it'll look uniform.

It's simple and I've said it a few times now, you have your hair, then you add 2-3cm of ink below that area, once the hair starts growing behind that it'll be 3 dimensional meaning you can see it being longer creating texture and it will also appear darker (as grown hair is much darker) with texture, the ink won't grow it will stay 2 dimensional so it'll be flat, have no texture and won't change colour. Basically you'd have a 2-3cm ink band around your forehead, from a distance it would probably look fine, up close in human interactions though it will quite likely draw attention from those who look you in the face.

Just being honest with you and you may not want to hear it but I wish I had the same advice going in, people have even agreed with me,  listen to various people who have experience with it directly.

If you electric shave you should be fine, it leaves a very very short hair almost not visible, yes you can slightly feel the hair too it feels very bristly and sharp, the baby hair (vellus hair) or thinning points may be harder to distinguish by touch as they feel very soft in comparison, with the amount you have though it will fool people to the touch easily.

You can always experiment if you have it done with what you're comfortable with but its pretty much a certainty you'll have to embrace a electric shaver if you want to drop the hairline.

thing is im already shaving my head to the skin with an electric beard shaver to the point sometimes its like a wet shave aka smooth in some areas cause i go over it too much.. isn't that what SMP looks like? aka a skinhead?

Depends on the beard trimmer, mine cuts to a minimum of 0.5mm which wouldn't be enough mine is kind of like a clipper style cutter, leaves a nice stubble shadow. Yeah SMP is a skin head. 

Is it a clipper style beard trimmer or a rotary ?(2/3/4 heads)

Rotary's will tend to be better, some people have imperfections on the scalp, dips and stuff just down to different skull shapes, so a rotary can get to those spots gives the closest shave too.

so i dont understand whats the problem if i use an electric beard shaver which goes to the skin and sometimes makes my areas of my head feel smooth (aka a wetshave) with SMP? if im already doing it won't that look exactly the same as the smp procedure if i lower it down because there are no hair follicules because its shaved down so its like 2d?

so i dont understand whats the problem if i use an electric beard shaver which goes to the skin and sometimes makes my areas of my head feel smooth (aka a wetshave) with SMP? if im already doing it won't that look exactly the same as the smp procedure if i lower it down because there are no hair follicules because its shaved down so its like 2d?

If you're already doing that, and accept you'll have to always do that look with your SMP then yes you'll be fine. And like I said, even after you shaved down a few hours later when the hair has begun to grow back you'lol have that stuble feel.

And yes, if you're willing to shave down like that the. You can make the hairline much lower.

I think we were all confused because you posted a pic of full long hair.

Its your full long locks of hair that have us confused. At your Goldie locks length it'll look like a black sweat band painted on your forehead. Put your eyes brows up wrinkling your head, then take a photo of your current shaved head and we can then see how much lower you can go.

Well you originally said 'no guard' which is what you call a clipper with the length guard removed or a #0, so its a totally different concept. An good electric shaver will leave the tiniest amount of hair possible without using a razor. 

If you use an electric rotary you should be fine.

Electric beard shaver is a general term that includes rotary or foil shavers.  A well made rotary or foil shaver will get your head essentially as smooth as using a razor... visually it will look the same, but texturally you might feel the tiniest bit of stubble in spots when you run your hands over it... like you described earlier.

A beard trimmer, also called a beard/hair clipper, leaves the hair much longer even on the closest setting.  The closest setting is referred to as 'zero guard' or 'no guard', which is usually around a .5mm length.

A rotary shaver will leave a slight stubble. The only way you'll get it completely smooth is to shave with a razor against the grain. Typically in order to achieve that smoothness you'll have to shave twice; once with the grain, then again against the grain. I've done it a few times before (to see if I could eliminate the shadow of my horseshoe) and I was surprised to find out that it was completely smooth, no matter if I rubbed my head with or against the grain there was no stubble whatsoever. It stayed like that for a good 18 hours (you could still see my horseshoe, unfortunately, because I have pretty dark hair). Shaving with a razor just once with the grain, will still leave a very slight slight stubble feel (if I rub my head with the grain I can barely feel it, but if I rub against the grain I can defiantly still feel a stubble.)

I've heard that either a rotary or foil shaver are pretty similar, its just a matter of preference. I was going to invest in a Braun series 7 but I've gotten pretty used to shaving my head with a razor in the shower. It only takes me a minuter or so now and with disposal razors I can usually get 3-4 shaves per razor, so it ends up being pretty cheap. It comes to about $3.00 usd worth of razors for 1 or two months worth of shaving. I still may get a rotary shaver for touch ups mid day but I'm happy with shaving with a razor in the shower for now.