Guardian0988

Just have to get this off my chest

Hello all,

Before I begin, please understand that I am not trying to trash out HIS. I believe they have done some great work for certain individuals and the practioners are wonderful people. That being said, I have to share my whole story and experience.

I started losing my hair in my late teens. At first, I didn't know what was wrong as I couldn't pull off certain hairstyles or even grow my hair a certain length without my hair looking flat and dead. The last thing I thought was I was losing my hair... A teenager... Losing his hair... There was no way. But, after months of new hair styling products falling short, I knew something was wrong.

"Male Pattern Baldness"

Those are the words no teenage guy wants to hear (Perhaps second to cancer of the dick). But my shitty genetics dealt me that card. I was mortified. I had such thick, long flowing hair and in a few years it was wisping away.

I went on Propecia and had some results but I felt like I had to do more. I tried laser hair therapy with, I think, some results as well. Even so, I still had a dead head of hair, so I started to do what is inevitable for most guys, and shaved it.

Fast forward 2 and a half years to where I discovered Toppik. I wasn't sure at first how it would work, but I started using it...

DAMN!! A FULL HEAD OF HAIR!

Holy hell! I couldn't believe what I saw! I was thrilled and my confidence was sky high. I had a new wave of self worth and I truly thought this was the answer to my prayers... But... Toppik is temporary. How could I explain to a girl I was sprinkling pixie dust onto my head to make a full head of hair. Toppik did do a great job for years for me, but I knew I could not use it forever.

Then I stumbled on HIS in early 2014. I could not believe what I was seeing. Honestly, I thought it was fake, but as I looked through every... Single... Case study and photo, I knew it was the real deal.

Fast forward one year to my two sessions:

I had a great time being in NYC and with the team. The sessions were fun and I left with the hope that this would finally be the end to my hair problems. Well, yes and no.

Today, about 2 months post session two, here is my verdict:

The SMP has helped mask the baldness. But, it has not fully been what I had hoped. It definitely lightened since leaving the clinic. We used very dark shades, down to an 8, but even under certain lighting, it looks like nothing is there. Moreover, my head is very shiny.... Which also makes it look like nothing is there. Leading me to believe the pics shown on the website are not under lighting conditions that don't show SMP well. Many people have said, "just get another session." I cannot afford to shell out another $1,000 plus a 6 hour drive, gas, food, etc. So, that's that. I have to live with what I have. The slight pros are that it works really well with derm match, the dots make it look more realistic. But I will admit I had higher hopes, but that's life I suppose... Just have to live with it, or I'll just end my life one of these days. Either or. But hey, for those of you whom have had SMP and it worked well, God bless and cheers.

Best of luck to you all.

Sorry to hear it didn't end up being what you expected.  Perhaps you needed more density?  I would think going so low as an 8 would leave you with a relatively dark treatment like some of the other guys on here.   For example TFR, I know he went low like a 6 or 4.  He has one of the darker treatments and even in the brightest light his treatment is visible. In fact that was his goal.  His line is "why pay 4000 (or more) for something you won't be able to see.  So maybe if you go a few shades darker you'll get the results you want?

Oh, and were you only quoted for 2 sessions?  Or you were suppose to get 3 but can't afford the 3rd?  If you were only quoted 2, then your next session should be free under their one year guarentee, no?

Also, of course the pictures on the main website, and videos are shot under best case lighting.  They are a business first after all.

If I had jumped in and got it done without exploring the forum for months first I would have been in for a shock and disappointment. 

I've had 3 sessions total,,and after my second I knew I needed a little more density...and After my third session,post 1 month I knew that was the final touch..I was told to take steps and I will get there..I too hoped after 2 sessions I would be done,but was quoted for three sessions,and that's what it took for me to achieve my final result.from all the research I've done ,post laser removal , everybody needs close too 3 sessions to get desired look,,,depending on your skin and body chemistry some can get away with two ..don't give up hope dude

Your treatment probably isn't finished yet.

Maybe you're finding it hard as well to adjust to the look of a shaved head? I know that was the case with me for about a year, it's especially harder when you lose your hair young.

Get saving money mate, it won't take long. Bit here and there, get another session done. It'll be so worth it.

As others have said either save up for another session or give HIS a call and find out if you are entitled to the third session for free. The hard part is over, its just a little further and then you are finished.

Much appreciated, but this is the end of the road for me. A third session isn't guaranteed to fix my problems which may lead to a 4th, 5th, or 6th needed session. At an additional $1,000 each? No.

It's over for me folks. And I'm not covered by the guarantee until I get the third session, even though it was quoted as optional... So, if something is optional, it then becomes mandatory for the warranty... Hmmm....

But, as stated, just another rough hand in life I must play. I hope everyone has had a good experience with HIS. And wish luck to all.

Hairhair98, you said you initially were told you could do a zero guard buzzcut. Im a nw2 and at my initial consultation the guy said i could as well. I have 90 to 95 percent of my original hair but i wanma bring my hairline down a bit with smp. Can i still use a zero guard?

Hairhair98, you said you initially were told you could do a zero guard buzzcut. Im a nw2 and at my initial consultation the guy said i could as well. I have 90 to 95 percent of my original hair but i wanma bring my hairline down a bit with smp. Can i still use a zero guard?

Yeah, but im more like a NW5/6.  You will have a much better chance of successfully doing a zero guard if you are only a NW2. 

If you want to wear a 0 guard, you might have to be careful about how far you drop down from your existing hairline, though.

As an example, here is a post where Guardian0988 posted his before pics.  He has quite a bit more hair than me, and he still couldn't pull off a buzz cut... but again, if you are only a nw2 and dont get crazy with the hairline, there's a good chance you can get away with it.

Link

Very unlikely, the contrast between growth and flat SMP image will be easy to spot. 

I went to HIS I was a NW3V (crown balding only) my hairline and everything else still intact, I was told a no guard would 'definitely be possible' so like HH98 I had high hopes of that being truth, sadly the truth is if you have an area with heavy diffused thinning or slick baldness a clipper won't do the job. You need slight thinning evenly across the head for it to be passable.

You can get away with using a clipper for about 2 weeks then once the scabs fall off it just doesn't work.

I even bought a balding clipper as it cuts even shorter and this didn't work either.

really

even whe ni have full coverage like this?

ill shave everyday

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/92268-Cringeworthy-experience-at-a-nightclub-last-night/page2

if you scroll down a bit you can see my pictures

maybe i wont get smp than :(

i had a look at the guardians pic, i have much more hair coverage than him 

i don't have any bald spots, im diffusing across my head yes but its not bad yet

I had to register and log in to see the photo you posted of when you shaved your head.  I posted them to imgur so other people dont have to log in... let me know if you dont want me to link them, and i will remove them from my post.

Pic 1

Pic 2

That shaved pic is a little blurry, but man you cant really see any hair loss in it.  I read some of your other posts where you said the diffused thinning was really noticeable to you, so maybe it's worse in person.

Here's another pic that does show some thinning on your crown:

Pic 3

Tons of guys would love to have your hair, so i'm inclined to say dont worry about it right now... but i know that's not going to do you any good if you are really worried about it.  Based on what i can tell from those pictures, in my opinion you would definitely be able to pull off a 0 guard, or even a bit longer, with SMP if you stay within your existing hairline.

Here are a few links to guys that have less hair than you, who rather succesfully (in my opinion) pulled off SMP with longer hair.  Again, you have more hair than they do, so you wouldn't have a problem with a buzzcut (in my opinion), if you decided to do SMP.

Link

Link

I dont want to hijack Guardian9088's thread too much, so you might want to make another topic if you want to discuss it more in depth.

really

even whe ni have full coverage like this?

ill shave everyday

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/92268-Cringeworthy-experience-at-a-nightclub-last-night/page2

if you scroll down a bit you can see my pictures

maybe i wont get smp than :(

i had a look at the guardians pic, i have much more hair coverage than him 

i don't have any bald spots, im diffusing across my head yes but its not bad yet

A good way would be to take a picture from the front and draw a line of where you want the SMP to go to blur out or white box your face to hide your identity, if you stay within the current hairline then yes a longer style 'may' be possible but you said 'i wanna bring my hairline down a bit with smp. Can i still use a zero guard?' 

If you go outside of your hair, its going to be a flat 2D image once its settled, the hair that has grown behind it will be 3D and have texture so its going to look a miss. End of the day its what you're comfortable with but most people want a undetectable look.

Within current hairline is possible, outside of it more than 1-2mm its going to look rather suspect up close.

I had to register and log in to see the photo you posted of when you shaved your head.  I posted them to imgur so other people dont have to log in... let me know if you dont want me to link them, and i will remove them from my post.

Pic 1

Pic 2

That shaved pic is a little blurry, but man you cant really see any hair loss in it.  I read some of your other posts where you said the diffused thinning was really noticeable to you, so maybe it's worse in person.

Here's another pic that does show some thinning on your crown:

Pic 3

Tons of guys would love to have your hair, so i'm inclined to say dont worry about it right now... but i know that's not going to do you any good if you are really worried about it.  Based on what i can tell from those pictures, in my opinion you would definitely be able to pull off a 0 guard, or even a bit longer, with SMP if you stay within your existing hairline.

Here are a few links to guys that have less hair than you, who rather succesfully (in my opinion) pulled off SMP with longer hair.  Again, you have more hair than they do, so you wouldn't have a problem with a buzzcut (in my opinion), if you decided to do SMP.

Link

Link

I dont want to hijack Guardian9088's thread too much, so you might want to make another topic if you want to discuss it more in depth.

Honestly in my opinion AJ's video diary treatment looks dreadful, it'd look much better cut short, he simply has very little hair on top to work with but if he's happy that's his choice.

The other thread both worked within current hairlines but the treatment photo's all look fresh, you can see the blotchy scabs under the hair, so its not a good indicator of a settled down treatment with longer hair, I imagine the 2nd guys worked out ok but the first had very little hair at the front, I imagine in person it didn't look very convincing with so little to bolster it and without the 3D of the scabs.

I concur with HH98 though, you have a nice looking head of hair from the pictures a lot of guys would be very pleased with so much, a straight on face angle shot would be helpful as maybe you have a really weak frontal hairline but from the looks of it, it doesn't look bad. If you stayed within that hairline and didn't have major thinning on the front a slightly longer style may work but once you drop that hairline onto bald territory it's simply not going to look 3D like the rest of the head making it stick out and not look right up close.

You'll have to come to terms with the fact though, if you keep balding you'll have to shave right down regardless unless you're considering anti balding medications that will highly likely become and inevitability that have  you to shave ultra close.

http://imgur.com/JxtIA3q

thats what I want to do. 

as you can see i already have a huge forehead naturally and high hairline so if it recedes anymore ill have an alien size forehead :(, thtas why i want to get smp done

is that possible with a 0 guard if i shave everyday cause i don't want to wet shave. my main concern with wet shaving and Smp is that it'll leave no stubble and if any girl rubs her hand over my head will be like what the fuck i can see your hair, but its smooth? cause thats what im mst worried about with wet shaving. 

im resigned to the fact that I'll have to shave my head but I'm already doing that so its ok

thx

and sory guardian for hijacking your thread

I want to get my scar done as best as possible but have no interest in having any work on top done.  I have reached the point of acceptance of baldiness.  Its not as if its unusual to be bald!  Having work on top is simply more effort than it could ever be worth.

Guardian0988,

I was in the same position as you when I first got my treatment.

I used to comouflage my hair by gelling it down and sporting a sharp, fresh haircut even tho it all came apart when I washed it out. I did this for 5 years and I'm only in my mid 20s. It was very difficult to hide from people over a long period of time, girls id date would ask me what it looks like when not gelled and that was my Q to break up with them lol. It was hard but...

In 2012 I booked my session at HIS for a 2+1 if needed and completed all three. I wasn't impressed after the initial fade/scabs fell off as it made me look too bald. I contemplated growing my hair back and gelling it but after talking to a few members here and my practitioner I decided to go with another session, I did and went super dark, a month later I went again and one more 8 months later.

That there changed everything, treatment looks great, I haven't seen anybody's treatment look as good as mine to be honest. I blend it with my natural hair and sport a nice lined up fresh look and get complemented often on it being very fresh.

Sometimes when I'm at the store I grab the old gel I used to use and smell it reminding me of what I used to do and I'd laugh a little.

My advice to you is to get a few more sessions and go dark,

I've gone as dark as a 2 and I'm not black. Just all depends on the look you want.

Good luck