Oliver

SMP and Work

I posted for the first time around 2 years ago. I had just finished Uni and was about to start my career. 

two years, still have not go it - so angry with myself...... but I have started my career in the way that I would liked.

After being rejected on finance (That stupid phone bill when I was 17!!!!!) I have now saved a sufficient amount to get started :)

My only question is - How long do you wait to go back to work after a treatment? Like, if I got it done on a Thursday would I be fine going into work on the Monday?  And with the following two sessions (I am going to need to get my whole head as I have florescent blonde hair - lol) do you think I just get it on a Saturday and will be fine for the Monday?

Just to give you a bit of an insight into me - I started going bald at 17, started shaving at 20, 24 now. 

I work in a high pressure banking sales environment - My nicknames include Luke (short for leukaemia) and Jonjo (jonjo shelvey - Football player for Swansea - Scores a mean goal). People can be D*ckHeads.... But I always tell myself that I am thankful that I am bald and they are not because they'd crumble under the social pressure of going bald if they have that outlook on life.

Quite frankly, I couldn't give two fucks if anyone notices, I'd rather be happy and caught out than depressed and unhappy with myself. 

I have been thinking about this for 4 years, I have been on and off the fence for a long time which I am annoyed at myself for. But I am ready and exited to take the plunge and be a bad ass with a shaved head look (not bald).

Wow, that was only meant to be one question, Sorry for the rant.

If there are any young guys out there that want a chat about this do not hesitate to get in touch with me. I know it's depressing, I know it stops you from doing with you REALLY want to do and I know it can changes the way you build relationships with other people and the way that other people perceive YOU.

Your practitioner will be the person in the best position to make the call on how long you can expect to wait to be able to return to work. But Thursday to Monday would sound like plenty. Saturday to Monday could be optimistic, but maybe not.

Have you made an appointment to see anyone yet?  Maybe a Skype call to start with would give you a quick route to some important answers.

All the very best, I look forward to following your story.

Ed

Hello His satff, 

I have already had a consultation with Ian in the LDN office. I've been quoted and looked at. I think it's just the case of booking an appointment. Currently relocating to Essex at the moment. I think I am going save the full 3 grand before it go for it. But I would like to get cracking by late August and get myself out there with a new wardrobe by November.  I have stopped buying clothes because of how much this has affected me. Used to have style lol. Anyone else like this?

Thanks for the reply

If you have seen Ian you are in very good hands. Stay in touch and keep us posted with your progress.

For people who have already had a meeting there is no problem with you putting in a call to the clinic with any subsequent questions.  There will be a practitioner available to talk to you... though maybe not at the very moment you phone.

Plenty of men who look like they are carrying off SMP in Essex, you will fit right in!

Good luck with the move.

Ed

Hello His satff, 

I have already had a consultation with Ian in the LDN office. I've been quoted and looked at. I think it's just the case of booking an appointment. Currently relocating to Essex at the moment. I think I am going save the full 3 grand before it go for it. But I would like to get cracking by late August and get myself out there with a new wardrobe by November.  I have stopped buying clothes because of how much this has affected me. Used to have style lol. Anyone else like this?

Thanks for the reply

Yes i was the same.

It affects many things but mostly your confidence and how you percieve yourself in the mirror.

I didnt want to go out and no matter how well i dressed i still felt ugly because of my head.

I have just booked my sessions. My summer of working out and getting prepared awaits. Honestly cannot wait. 

I cant remember the last time i went out for a casual drink with friends in a nice bar...... Its either a raggo club where everyones off of their face and i can wear a snapback or a night in with the television.....

It does change everything, a few people i know who have a full head of hair have said "if i go bald i'll just shave it off and not give a shit" which iritates me because they where not dealing with thinning hair at 16-17, the questions and looks and general feel of being looked at in a different way to 'normal people'.

In a world where vanity is becoming more and more popular young balding/bald men that are not stacked with a big bank account are feeling the pressure, SMP is a solution that most hairloss sufferers dont want because it doesnt give them a full head of hair but funnily enough its the best solution that seems to require the least amount of maintenance.

Lukey - I have been shaving for 3 years now. I have generally forgotten what its like to have hair. I am doing to this to get rid the never ending forehead. Its going to be great cant wait.

The big forehead is the main reason i am getting it done, but i wont wet shave i will just continue to use the r95... Like you i cant wait to have it done and see a reflection of myself that looks good.

Good luck hopefully you put up some pictures after the treatment.

real life is going to continue to happen each and every day. Circumstances like "finances" are always going to present a challenge and sway your action(s). days turn into weeks and then months... and before you realize, a year has quickly passed. 

real life is going to continue to happen each and every day. Circumstances like "finances" are always going to present a challenge and sway your action(s). days turn into weeks and then months... and before you realize, a year has quickly passed.

This. Although when you want something you make it happen. I discovered this on Feb with no savings. Saving plan for 6months. 2 months later I was booked and done. I now have a lot less junk, only thing I regret selling was shenmue

(only because no:3 is coming out and there price has went mental)