Lukeyb

Smp improvments?

Hi guys i have seen a few threads of people showing their results 2-3 years ago and as good as they look has the procedure improved since then? Maybe the needles or ink is different or the way the smp is done.

The 3D effect will be only natural for people who possess a fair amount of hair on the head and can not scrape with razor because the 3d effect disappears.

I still have a fair amount left on top, my crown and hairline are long gone though.

Why do you need a fair amount of hair left to do the 3d effect? The point of the the 3d effect in itself is to create the appearance of follicles slightly darker and thus longer isn't it?

Having existing hair helps to aid that illusion of 3D, 3D smp idea is not solely dependent on it but there are still logical limitations in the fact it still is and will always remain a 2D treatment.

is 3d cost more :rolleyes:????????

Why would it cost more? They're just using lighter and darker dots.

I'm probably going to have lighter dots on my hairline for session 3 to soften it up a bit, as well as darker dots towards the crown.

Unfortunately , the "3D-effect" is a myth. Everyone has some degree of 3D in their treatment, but no one has anything that looks like the picture on here http://www.hishairclinic.com/how-does-3d-scalp-micropigmentation-work/

That picture is probably taken within a week after the last treatment, and after a few months it fades naturally to look like just a shade, like everyone has. Which looks good, don't get me wrong.

Last year, a few people claimed to have done "the 3D-effect", but NO ONE could somehow post a single picture of it. I sent pms and emails, started threads on this forum and asked a lot of people, and no one could come up with anything. My practitioner just scoffed it off as not something they do, or that it's something everyone has.

I guess, to have a  real 3D-treatment, you would have to do the second treatment much darker than the first, to catch the contrast, but they won't do that, in case it will look unnatural somehow.

If you are able to find ANYONE who has a legit 3D-treatment, I would like to see picture proof of it too, but don't expect to find much. ;)

Ive said it previously that it would be difficult to try and achieve 3D in your intital 1-2 sessions as there isnt even any good density yet to what you have. People seem to want 3D but arent willing to take the risk with a darker pigment so that even when the treatment settles down it will create a contrast with the lighter ones. As pancake said im not convinced either because no one has shown pics of their 3D smp after 3+ months and we all know after a while the colours fade down to lot less.

If anyone can provide pics of a settled 3D treatment i would like to see it please.

Guys this all started because Troy had the practitioners sprinkle significantly darker dots throughout his treatment, and he liked the way it looked, and he made a post talking about it and called it "3-D". 

Anytime anyone said "3-D" here, they were only talking about using darker dots... it's nothing different than what has always been done, except in Troy's case he jumped down more levels in darkness than most people do.  Troy's darkest pigment was a 28, and then he jumped down to a 14 to lightly sprinkle over the head.

As the link in Pancake's post says, HIS has always done this, and has referred to it as 'texturing' the treatment... using lighter pigments near the hairline, and darker ones at the crown.  Troy went a little darker than they usually do, and he called it "3-D"... but it would be more accurate/consistent to call it "aggressive texturing", IMO.  Regardless, when the term "3-D" showed up, everyone started talking about it, and HIS decided to make a blog post because of all the interest the term was generating.

You dont have to have a lot of hair to get this done, and it doesn't cost any extra.  If you want to do this, just discuss it with your practitioner and tell him you would like to finish your treatment with a sprinkle of an aggressively darker pigment.  How aggressive you want to be is up to you and your practitioner to decide, because i imagine there can be a bit of a risk here.

In theory, I think it's a good idea and i will probably do it when i get a touch up... because it makes sense to me.  This way you can get really black dots sprinkled throughout the treatment without making the entire head look unnatural.  That doesn't mean i'm necessarily recommending this to everyone, it's just my thoughts on it in regards to my treatment.  Use your judgment, and even your practitioners input, to decide if its something you want to do.

Here is a good example of a touch up that looks very 3D-like ritght after treatment, but if you look further down the page you see what it looks like when it's faded in.

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/5822-5-years-later-time-for-a-change-updated-new-pictures-of-broken-hairline/?p=68422

It looks good though, just a little too dense maybe?  :ph34r: