Lukeyb

A few questions

Hi guys i recently had a consultation with HIS london and i am going to get smp when i save the money but i have a few questions i hope you can help with.

1. Do any of you guys have aurbun or ginger hair? If so does your smp look good and suit you?

2. How short are you cutting your hair? I have a receding hairline and my crown is gone but i dont want to razor shave my head every 2 days. I would prefer to use clippers on the lowest setting is this possible?

3. How long was it until the redness had settled down on your head and the smp was complete?

4. Does your smp hold up under bright lights or is it only in normal/shadey lighting it looks good?

5. When people touch your head do they notice there is no hair or does the smp fool them?

Thanks guys

1. There's a few guys who've had ginger hair that I've noticed about, the one that springs to mind is Landlord1.

2. If its a matter of convenience I'd advise you get a electric foil trimmer, the remington R91 always came highly recommended but some of the guys on here have probably found better alternatives by now. It's a quick and easy way to shave its similar to using a clipper just cuts a lot shorter, it's probably a lot quicker too. A clipper with that degree of hairloss simply wont work, I wouldn't even recommend a balding clipper the hair will be too long and produce that horseshoe image on your head, especially only using it every 2 days. Unless you have diffused hair loss using a clipper isn't really feasible.

3. The redness goes within 2-4 days normally, as for how long for a SMP treatment to be complete that varies greatly, almost everyone needs 3 sessions usually 5-6 weeks in total to finish the ink and a week or two on-top of that to settle. It could potentially take longer though if you suffer from fading or encounter other issues.  1st session and 2nd are spaced about a week apart, the 3rd should be done about a month or more later to allow enough time to fade down. The second session should tide you over to the third if you don't suffer vast fading.

4. It'll look its worst under a bright light. It may still be visible under the light but it won't be looking its best, in regular or darker environments it will be more easy to notice. It reacts like a natural shaved head.

5. That'll be down to the person touching. Different people will have different responses, some may think they are touching the real deal while others may notice something feels off to the touch. 

After lurking on this forum for about 4 months i noticed a few people recomend the R91 so i bought it about 2 days ago and it does cut very short. The problem i have with it is i cant plug it in anywhere to charge it is there a adapter or anything so i can charge it at a normal socket?

:lol:

By the way are you happy with the cut it gives? As its short and im thinking due to your hair colour it may be light when cut down you may not see much with a naturally shaded treatment.

yeah when i used it my hair looked really light and blonde, lol i suppose its a good thing not only will i stop being bald but i wont have to be ginger either win win.

I suppose technically if you had an all over SMP and wet shaved all over it you could have any colour?

Are talking about killing all of my existing hair and having SMP done on my entire head?

I suppose technically if you had an all over SMP and wet shaved all over it you could have any colour?

Are talking about killing all of my existing hair and having SMP done on my entire head?

This is the same scenario as mine. I have blonde hair, but if I wet shave it you can barely see anything. I went for a darker shade than my real hair, so my 'hair' now looks much darker than what I was born with. Works well.

This is the same scenario as mine. I have blonde hair, but if I wet shave it you can barely see anything. I went for a darker shade than my real hair, so my 'hair' now looks much darker than what I was born with. Works well.

I think when i have it done i will just go for a colour that suits my hair even if its really light, i just think it will look more natural.

I think when i have it done i will just go for a colour that suits my hair even if its really light, i just think it will look more natural.

Sure when damien said he went with a darker shade it was say going from blonde to a light brown, rather than blonde to mid-dark brown.

Probably best to go safe on the first session then go darker on the 2nd, at least from the reports i've read that is the norm. Plus, a slight mix between shades isn't uncommon, i'm light brown but theres hints of blonde in there.