Sign in to follow this  
ocguy

Advice For SMP Into Scar Newbie

At the age of 25, I STUPIDLY got a 400 graft HT. I was not even receding really. 

13 years later, I am starting to thin up front to the point where I am starting to have it become a bit obvious that I have thick wisps with gaps of nothing forming behind it.

My HT scar is between 2 and 2 1/2 inches in the back and is relatively thin but as with any scar, feels like it is ridged (not flat). I don't have pictures because I never go lower than about a 2 1/2 or 3 on the buzzer in back.

I have requested a consult with Zang in LA just this week.

I ahve read of pre-SMP treatments to flatten out the scar. I would be very interested in hearing more about that.

I have seen quite a few people posting lately about being dis-satisfied with the over-fading of the first 2 or 3 treatments and then upset with the non-fading of the 4th so I am thinking I would just go with the light treatments as many times as it takes.

My current goal would be to work on the scar until I am happy with that over the next 6 months and then expand to the rest of the head when that feels right....

Any advice for a newbie? I have been reading about this the past 4 to 6 months and it feels like something I will have to do.

Not just want, but have to because I will now have a thick frontal hairline with nothing behind it....

Thanks for any advice gents! Happy Easter to ya all.

I'd be interested in Seeing that scar. At 2 or 2 and half inches I doubt anyone would assume ht scar. That could literally be from just about anything. I know it's your scar so you'll feel different about it, but I probably wouldn't even worry about it.

Thanks. I actually don't know the exact size for sureI scheduled an appointment at HIS. Do you think they will be able to size it up without me shaving the back?

They should be able to part your hair and see how large the scar is, especially at a 2.5 or 3 guard. and to your question about pre-treatments you are probably referring to Fraxel. It's a laser and can be quite expensive. The idea is it would help smooth out the scar to a more even tone, but it was meant as more for acne scars. I had about 4 treatments years ago and it did nothing for me. Some say it really helped them. If you go that route My personal advise on that would be to see 4 or 5 laser practitioners and see what the consensus is if it will help your case or not.