stripscar_superstar

smp into stripscar now bigger eyesore!!! help!!

So, I plucked up the courage for smp into my strip scar from a ht some years ago. Although my scar coverage is good, i am now left with a blue line on my head instead of a skin/scar coloured line. Which is actually a bigger eyesore, so defeats the object of camouflage.

I have received the lightest shade.

I am 3 weeks post procedure from my 2nd smp session, and am very sceptical about going for a third.

Anyone had the same? any comments etc much appreciated.

pics below, before procedure and after 2procedures.

post-300198-0-28592700-1425847422_thumb.jpg

post-300198-0-82910000-1425847448_thumb.jpg

post-300198-0-44666000-1425847474_thumb.jpg

do you still think it may be bruising even 3weeks post procedure? my HIS technician is telling me to go for a third but I'm unsure on how they are going to make the colour difference any better? i asked what they can do but they tell me that it is pretty unpredictable. if it matched the general colour of the skin around it i would be very happy, but its a heavy blue line.

HIS inks don't contain any blue pigments so I can only put it down to bruising. People have had similar worries with SMP on the top of there head turning blue but once the bruising subsides, sometimes a month or so, everything returns to normal colour. Maybe scar tissue is more prone to bruising or takes longer to heal, I don't know?! At the same time I would definitely hold off on the third until you can assess your current situation properly. Maybe wait a couple of months to see how the shade holds up etc

There are two very important factors here. 1) Bruising 2) Black pigments placed into a very white scar can give off a blue tint due to the colour of the scar and texture of the scar tissue. From you pics a 3rd is needed and in my opinion you need more blending work above and below the scar line as there is a higher concentration inside the scar as opposed to outside it which would help with camouflauging it.

ya man, looks like a bruise - i agree with you i wouldn't go back for another session until this issue settles down so you can have full confidence going into that next session, but according to webmd it is 2-4 weeks for bruises to go away so you still have a week or so in a normal timeframe, and your closeups don't appear to show blotching of the dots, just looks like bruised skin.

There are two very important factors here. 1) Bruising 2) Black pigments placed into a very white scar can give off a blue tint due to the colour of the scar and texture of the scar tissue. From you pics a 3rd is needed and in my opinion you need more blending work above and below the scar line as there is a higher concentration inside the scar as opposed to outside it which would help with camouflauging it.

thanks for your reply, so if in the case this is not bruising, whats the best way to disguise the blueness? as the ink is holding as a different colour outside the scar. is this a big issue across the board? i wish someone would have told me this. or do you think this is still saveable?

ya man, looks like a bruise - i agree with you i wouldn't go back for another session until this issue settles down so you can have full confidence going into that next session, but according to webmd it is 2-4 weeks for bruises to go away so you still have a week or so in a normal timeframe, and your closeups don't appear to show blotching of the dots, just looks like bruised skin.

thanks,. tbh i thought bruising would of subsided by now, nearly month post procedure. im now worried its what dr carter said, about scar tissue holding the ink as a different colour. 

Hi mate, its not really the scar holding it as a different colour as its black and always will be but think of it as an deceptive illusion. The black pgiment inside the scar can 'give off' a 'blueish' tint sometimes and this is something no one has any control over. Its the same way that someone of very pale skin colour but has jet black hair and wet shaves it all off, the shadow that remains give off a greenish look/tint to it. I think in your case it can be helped by application of Bio-oil. However right now we are far from this and i would tend to side with the rest of comments here as more often times than not it is indeed bruising that caused this and so we must wait 4-6 weeks to see what happens and take it from there. A 3rd sessions is needed but not right now.

There is no blue in the pigment, so its physically impossible for our pigment to turn blue. What you're seeing is bruising, and only patience will cure it. Sorry :)

Hi mate, its not really the scar holding it as a different colour as its black and always will be but think of it as an deceptive illusion. The black pgiment inside the scar can 'give off' a 'blueish' tint sometimes and this is something no one has any control over. Its the same way that someone of very pale skin colour but has jet black hair and wet shaves it all off, the shadow that remains give off a greenish look/tint to it. I think in your case it can be helped by application of Bio-oil. However right now we are far from this and i would tend to side with the rest of comments here as more often times than not it is indeed bruising that caused this and so we must wait 4-6 weeks to see what happens and take it from there. A 3rd sessions is needed but not right now.

ok guys, thanks for taking the time to reply. I will save my fretting for now and try and practise patience. will post an update early april time. these forums are really helpful.