msh89

show me your finished scar!

with only having two sessions done and worrying about the final look of my scar, i realized that i might have an unrealistic expectation of what the final look might be. after doing some searching, i noticed other guys are having the same worries.

i thought it might be a good idea to have a compiled thread showing off some finished and settled scars so people, myself included, can get a general idea of what to expect. 

so please, post your finished and settled scar pictures, good or bad! :)

I like the idea of this post. I'm feeling about the same as you. I'd show mine but I started growing my hair out to hide it again. I had to go to a few meetings where I didn't have the guts to show the scar off. Disappointing because I know it needs more work still, but I just wasn't sure if I was seeing what I hoped for.

How about you? Willing to start off with your pics?

I like the idea of this post. I'm feeling about the same as you. I'd show mine but I started growing my hair out to hide it again. I had to go to a few meetings where I didn't have the guts to show the scar off. Disappointing because I know it needs more work still, but I just wasn't sure if I was seeing what I hoped for.

How about you? Willing to start off with your pics?

i'd definitely show off my scar, but it's not done! i don't want people to see mine and think "that looks terrible! this isn't for me".

i will add though that i started using a concealer stick ($10 maybelline) and colored over my scar and blended. it made at least a 50% difference from what I've already accomplished! a little bothersome, but still a good crutch for in between sessions or waiting for ink to settle. the surroundings of my scar are still dark, and this helped tremendously.

msh89,

What does the maybelline concealer stick do, blend the scar with the surrounding skin (cover the whiteness of the scar) or cover the scar to blend in with the color of the surrounding hair?

msh89,

What does the maybelline concealer stick do, blend the scar with the surrounding skin (cover the whiteness of the scar) or cover the scar to blend in with the color of the surrounding hair?

for me, it covers any ink that is still settling. the scar is still visible unfortunately, but looks better without the dark contrast. i've had some luck taking an eyebrow pencil and carefully filling in the scar, then taking a concealer pen over it, but honestly it's really annoying and not anything close to "real looking", just better :(

You can get specific scar camouflage make up.  It is specifically for covering up scars. If you google 'changing faces' you'll see.  I had an appointment and get some make up.  I would definitely try it with SMP in the near future.   Applying it daily is a pain in the butt though.   

hi, here is my before amp, and 2smp procedures later, 3weeks post procedure. pretty disappointed there is now a blue line on my head, which may be bruising or the way the scar tissue holds the pigment. am in the process of trying to gain advice and panicking lol.

file://localhost/Users/Desktop/post-300198-0-28592700-1425847422_thumb.jpg
file://localhost/Users/Desktop/post-300198-0-44666000-1425847474_thumb.jpg
file://localhost/Users/Desktop/post-300198-0-82910000-1425847448_thumb.jpg

N

thanks, my mistake. here is my before smp and 3weeks after my 2nd smp.

Newbie - I can totally relate to what you are feeling...I did a few sessions and we did a lighter ink, which didn't seem to hold very well. We increased the darkness of the ink last week a tiny bit and afterwards it looked very dark. I freaked out as I had two dark lines on the back of my head. It has faded some and I sm using a concealer as well. I did grow my hair out a bit so the contrast was not to significant. I am hoping that it continues to fade over the next couple of weeks....I am looking into laser to remove or lighten it up if needed too. .hang in there!!! I

N

Newbie - I can totally relate to what you are feeling...I did a few sessions and we did a lighter ink, which didn't seem to hold very well. We increased the darkness of the ink last week a tiny bit and afterwards it looked very dark. I freaked out as I had two dark lines on the back of my head. It has faded some and I sm using a concealer as well. I did grow my hair out a bit so the contrast was not to significant. I am hoping that it continues to fade over the next couple of weeks....I am looking into laser to remove or lighten it up if needed too. .hang in there!!! I

my scar is rather dark too. actually, not my scar, but the area just below and above it, almost like it's outlined. it worries me to think that after everything is said and done and the sufficient amount of time has passed for ink to settle, that it will still be dark and noticeable. 

anyone have experience with this? i'd hate to think i'd have to get my scar lasered or have to use concealer on it everyday. as far as I read, very few people have gotten laser tattoo removal for their SMP at HIS, but are there cases where the scar ends up being permanently dark, even slightly? and how would HIS handle this?

N

hey, thanks. how far post treatment are you? i think the colour might be the colour of the ink and the fact that its more dense there, so that'll be the colour of my total camouflage if i have a 3rd session.

my scar is rather dark too. actually, not my scar, but the area just below and above it, almost like it's outlined. it worries me to think that after everything is said and done and the sufficient amount of time has passed for ink to settle, that it will still be dark and noticeable. 

anyone have experience with this? i'd hate to think i'd have to get my scar lasered or have to use concealer on it everyday. as far as I read, very few people have gotten laser tattoo removal for their SMP at HIS, but are there cases where the scar ends up being permanently dark, even slightly? and how would HIS handle this?

how far are you post treatment? got any pics?

how far are you post treatment? got any pics?

coming up on my third, so my treatment would look different soon anyway if i were to post pics now. just voicing concern, wondering if anyone has a story to share, and to revisit the thread topic and hopefully see some finished scar pics! :)

hey, thanks. how far post treatment are you? i think the colour might be the colour of the ink and the fact that its more dense there, so that'll be the colour of my total camouflage if i have a 3rd session.

I decided to have the work done on my scar lasered off after consulting with many SPM practioners.

Dear Beach. You may have seen I've recently posted on your other thread "too dark at 4 weeks". Sadly like yourself and Mattador I find myself in exactly the same boat, with a HT strip scar that is way too dark after my 3rd HIS treatment. Six weeks on and frustratingly there's so far no sign of any fading whatsoever. I'm currently growing my hair back (seems to be taking forever!) in a desperate attempt to hide the too dark and very obvious scar. It's a long scar, temple to temple, and both sides are politely putting it 'not good'; the back at least is not too bad, which is a little consolation. Just wondering what was the advice on laser removal; can it be done in one session, and how long afterwards until you can get SMP put back into the scar, trying again? Cheers so much in advance, if you're able to provide answers to these questions.

I've had very conflicting advice; everything on the smp forums (not only this one) seem to point towards waiting as long as you can in the hope that the ink naturally fades sufficiently, or in extreme cases laser off (and start again) as you have chosen to do. The advice given to me by HIS was to come in immediately to try and blend the too dark scar with the rest of the sides of my head. This really worries me as advice, doing that I can just see myself at serious risk of having a large part of my head overly dark, and making matters even worse. For now I'm just going to ride it out and wait in the hope that the ink naturally fades in the coming months. And then try and blend the scar with a final treatment. Fingers tightly crossed!

It's interesting that you say you spoke to multiple smp practitioners and they all advised full laser removal of the ink from the first too dark inking treatment in the scar. This is in complete contrast to the advice I've been offered. Any advice on your recent experiences and update on where you are just now would be so welcome. At the moment I'm just very upset and confused. :unsure: Anyway I really do sincerely hope things are gradually improving for you mate. It's certainly a really tricky position to be in, I can very much relate to it first hand! Take care and all the very best. :)