Hello everyone,

I am in need of some encouragement and advice from the experts in this formum. I have had 2 HT surgeries, with the last being 10 years ago. I have decided to shave my head and have two large scars on the back of my head. I have had 6 SMP proceedures on the scar with the last being this past weekend. It did not appear that the ink was holding and the scar was still whilte. I had gotten used to it being this way, but this past weekend, we increased the darkness of the pigment to get it to hold more. I know that it is only 2 days after the proceedure, but I think that it is too dark. While before, I was hoping that the pigment would not fade, now I am hoping that it fades more than what it is. I feel like I have two dark lines on the back of my head. I had to go to work today and put some of my wife's concealer on it to make it not so dark. Please let me know if anyone else has had experience with a lighter pigment not holding and having to put a darker pigment in. If so, how long until it fades and starts to blend in? I ususally shave my head with a razor but with this darker pigment, I may need to keep my hair slightly longer so it blends in better with my darker hair.

In addition, I have only done the scars and am on the fence about doing the rest of my head.....I am fine with the hairline and the rest of my head, it is the scars that really bother me. Maybe doing the rest of my head would make it blend in more?

The picture attached is immediatly after the proceedure

Any advice, encouragment or prior expericne would me much appreciated.

post-297661-0-92011500-1425309265_thumb.jpg

That pic looks pretty good to me mate. If anything the scars look lighter than the surrounding hair. I know you said you shave with a razor but the hair looks a bit longer in the pic. Any photos when razor shaved?

That pic looks pretty good to me mate. If anything the scars look lighter than the surrounding hair. I know you said you shave with a razor but the hair looks a bit longer in the pic. Any photos when razor shaved?

I shaved it that evening and probably shouldnt have....see picture. I may keep my hair a little longer to match the scar. I was very concerned that night that I would have a dark line on my head and started looking into laser tatoo removal. I spoke with the practioner and he assured me that it will lighten up. It is new for me to have it this dark as we have used a lighter ink (which didnt seem hold) and went darker this time with the hope that it fades in and doesnt dissapear. See attacged pic with shaved from the evening of getting my last proceedure. Dont pay any attention to the bad shave job...:)

post-297661-0-48595400-1425325848_thumb.jpg

From what i can see, the texture of the scars dont look fantastic and therefore this is why the darker pigment shows up but too light and it fades away. You may have to give it extra time to settle down because remember you have gone even darker than any time before. A 50% reduction overall on scar visibility of this nature would be good.

I appreciate the feedback. I guess I just need to manage my expections and hope that the color fades some more to. Attached is a picture from today, with my hair grown out a little more. I am hesistant to shave my head and make the scars stick out that much more...I am back in tomorrow for another look to see what can be done.

post-297661-0-86826000-1425601501_thumb.jpg

I have had several sessions and things were looking good. The last session, the practioner made the ink darker because it appeared that the ink was not holding in thr scar...he made the ink too dark and now I am dealing with this. Went to several other practioners and they all agreed that laser was the route to go. Got it lasered off yesterday and will start over. It sure wasn't a fun experience...hurt quite a bit.

I think the key approach this time is to start light and go darker one colour at a time until you get there. The last thing you want is to end up at the same place. Cost is not a factor.

Just had my first SMP session back into my scsr snd it is looking much better! This is one day post first session...a few more sessions and I am hopefully to be back where it was before, if not better.

post-297661-0-63987100-1427417999_thumb.jpg