Sign in to follow this  
Rom an

Paranoia??? Nah enjoy it nobody cares!

Hello all, haven't posted in a while although still read through the forum from time to time.

Seems most people's fears about getting the treatment done is being 'found out'

Just putting my thoughts across coming from someone who has lived with SMP for 4 months now and mine isn't 100% yet im due to go back for a touch up next month then im confident it will be exactly how i wanted it!

I would say this treatment will look very natural and you wont be dissapointed as long as you are realistic, you are not getting hair back that you can grow you are getting a shaved look and as long as you listen to the advice of the person doing your treatment and they think what you are requesting is realistic you can't go wrong.

Hair loss has effected us all in some way and taken up far to much of our time and worry hence the reason we have or want to get SMP, so we are always going to be paranoid of getting found out, once you get SMP enjoy not worrying about hairloss and focus you attention on other things make personal goals get a hobby etc...

This has worked for me and im so much happier now im not worrying about my hair it really doesn't deserve that much thought and worry and now im even more determind to reach my personal goals i have set! Which in turn leads to less paranoia that someone is looking at my hair or trying to find me out etc....nobody cares about my hair!

Remember SMP is a process so don't get to downharted if the 1st or 2nd session doesn't look exactly how you want it you will get there in the end and enjoy it and that will leave you to focus your energy on positive things!

Enjoy your transition to SMP!

Thats the point though, friend. People really don't care about your hair...they will look at you one time and say "Oh, you decided to shave your head. It looks good!" And that will be the end of the conversation. No one is going to be studying your head because they think you're hiding something.

The only people who will have "explaining" to do (in my opinion) are those people who already shave their head (or have a horseshoes with hair on the sides) and then randomly appear with SMP. In this case, you may have to explain or make up something...you also don't have to say anything at all, but people will wonder how you got hair back on your completely bald head :)

You're probably mostly right. But I'm sure in a lot of cases, like with coworkers you see on a daily basis they'll start to wonder why you don't ever grow your hair out even a little. Then more questions come and suspicious people might study your head.

I think the healthy way to go about this is accept it isn't real and be willing to openly talk about it if need be. Most people won't notice, but of someone does just explain what it is and ask them how good it looks. But again that's an easier said than done attitude to take.

I'm seriously contemplating getting this done but am undeniably concerned with being 'found out'

all it takes is for you to exposed once...and word will get around , your workplace, down the pub, and that will become the stigma that will become attached to you.

I'm a norwood 6/7 and hate it, it has without question changed my life for the worse......however , it is ,however horrible for me to look at myself in the mirror, a natural thing that happens to males of my age, and therefore if I'm walking around people will just see a bald bloke, and there are lots of them in the street, and not bat an eyelid.

My biggest fear is that should I get this done, I will live my life paranoid that when talking to people or meeting people ,I will always be wondering whether they notice something unnatural with my appearance with SMP.....thats my worst nightmare and I think I'd probably just prefer to stay as I am .i.e razored to the bone, than live my life in that constant fear.

I'm off to an open day in London next week......I think, as long as I'm honest with myself and what I see there, it will convince fairly quickly one way or the other as to whether to do this or not.

It's only worth it if it's 99.5 % undetectable. People who say it doesn't matter if someone finds out aren't being genuine. It matters. Don't be the guy who has a tattoo on his head trying to make it look like he has hair. On the other hand if you can get a perfect matching treatment that looks great even inches away then it may be worth it. If I could get a light smp like this i would have it done. Time will tell what choice I make.

You guys worrying and stressing about being found out crack me up....

YOU HAVE NO WAY OF BEING FOUND OUT....unless you tell someone.

I've told people about mine,they take one look and say your kidding,it really is that good.

Stop wasting energy on negativity and get the treatment done to get on with your life,your not here on the planet for a long time.

You guys worrying and stressing about being found out crack me up....

YOU HAVE NO WAY OF BEING FOUND OUT....unless you tell someone.

I've told people about mine,they take one look and say your kidding,it really is that good.

Stop wasting energy on negativity and get the treatment done to get on with your life,your not here on the planet for a long time.

Not that easy mate, there's always a chance. Even the best treatments can be spotted when right up close. It's a genuine concern and a big one as well. I've had to scrape my confidence up off the floor twice now due to comments about my head since getting SMP. This is despite having loads of positive comments on here about how good my treatment looked.

Not that easy mate, there's always a chance. Even the best treatments can be spotted when right up close. It's a genuine concern and a big one as well. I've had to scrape my confidence up off the floor twice now due to comments about my head since getting SMP. This is despite having loads of positive comments on here about how good my treatment looked.

I'm sorry HBK, but I can't agree with you. The issue here is what we consider a good treatment. For me a good treatment is never darker than #26 and with a density that let you see scalp between dots. If you go dark and super dense -and I'm not refering to you at all- and then you get found out... this is not an SMP issue but a wrong decision of the client.

I know everyone here just wants to help each other out and be super positive about every treatment. I think its great to support each other.  Sometimes I see a few people being constructively critical and I think thats great.

One of the things I HATE about the place I go for my system is every time I walk in each person that works there goes "I love how your hair looks!" Some times I'm in desperate need of a reattachment. The adhesive is bleeding through, the base doesn't looks a little suspect and I didnt even bother trying to comb my hair knowing I was heading there. Yet still "you're hair looks great!" I think I might start calling them out on it instead of the usual thanks.

My point is HBK is right. The positive comments here don't hold as much weight as real life comments.  But also HBK maybe the pictures aren't the best quality. Because your treatment does look good in the pictures.  Maybe it just was a group of coworkers who knew SOMETHING was different and have just paid too much attention to your head.

I'm sorry HBK, but I can't agree with you. The issue here is what we consider a good treatment. For me a good treatment is never darker than #26 and with a density that let you see scalp between dots. If you go dark and super dense -and I'm not refering to you at all- and then you get found out... this is not an SMP issue but a wrong decision of the client.

Only if the client has specifically gone against the advice of the practitioner. Personally all I asked for was a soft hairline and natural treatment. Everything else was left to the practitioners judgement including shades and density.

For the record I'm not blaming the practitioners for my issue, just stating that it's not always the clients fault either.

Even the best treatments can be spotted when right up close.

In your opinion is this the case for all or most treatments? When really close for a prolonged time period they are fairly easily detectable?

In your opinion is this the case for all or most treatments? When really close for a prolonged time period they are fairly easily detectable?

I've only seen maybe 6 different treatments in the flesh so I'm not an expert but IMO if you're within personal space of someone who has SMP you'll be able to spot it if you're specifically looking for it, if not 90% of people probably won't notice. The fact is, and HIS have always been open about it, the dots are slightly bigger than natural hair follicles so between that and the fact there is absolutely no 3D element to it I don't think it is "undetectable".

Only if the client has specifically gone against the advice of the practitioner. Personally all I asked for was a soft hairline and natural treatment. Everything else was left to the practitioners judgement including shades and density.

For the record I'm not blaming the practitioners for my issue, just stating that it's not always the clients fault either.

Wasn't talked about yours at all man. In fact I was really surprised you were found out -think I talked about it with FixMH-. But then reading your story again and looking carefully at your pictures... yes maybe too many density and darkness.

Wasn't talked about yours at all man. In fact I was really surprised you were found out -think I talked about it with FixMH-. But then reading your story again and looking carefully at your pictures... yes maybe too many density and darkness.

Don't worry man, no offence taken. I only spoke up about my own treatment since ice had some comments. I know you were speaking generally.

My treatment is 100% undetectable,

If you ask for a soft broken hairline,not a sharp line then everything is cool?

If HBK hairline is what he asked for then he won't be getting called out about it,

If HBK has had a treatment that he didn't ask for then he should be getting it sorted by HIS HAIR,

My guessing is that what the practitioner told me when I had mine done is that clients are over fussy about their treatment,end up going back for touch ups,the practioners advise against this but the client is so adamant then the practioners end up giving what the customer wants which equals a non natural treatment.

This is exactly why HIS HAIR have stopped offering numerous touch ups free of charge.

I'm sure Damien will back this up.

The fact is, and HIS have always been open about it, the dots are slightly bigger than natural hair follicles

Thanks for your reply. Do you think if they could get the dot size smaller it would make it undetectable? I'm hoping this will happen in the future then I will get it done.

Toddnw7...

It is undetectable !!!

If it wasn't do you really think Thousands of customers walking round if it wasn't?

The way your concerned about undetectable is impossible,

But as far as a scalp pigmentation it is 100% spot on.

The only way to improve it is when you touch it it feels like hair

And that my friend just ain't ever gonna happen.

Important,keep confident and excited to what it's gonna turn out like(because it will)

I guarantee you that if it didn't look superb I would not be walking round in public.

I have to agree with this. I've seen a few treatments that have nothing glaringly wrong with them, the work is of a high quality, but it's just too dark. White guys don't have dark shadows when shaved to the skin so from a distance it looks like something smeared on the head. I'm not referring to HBK but rather some others I've seen. It's not that it looks immediately fake, but it draws too much attention to the scalp. I think the temptation is always to go darker but it's important to resist it and keep it as subtle as possible even if it looks bald in some lighting. Keep it light, don't keep getting touch ups and ruining the density, grow some facial hair, and no one will rumble you. Had my treatment almost 2 years now (zero fading since last treatment) and being rumbled is honestly the last thing I worry about. 

the fact is that when a claim is made, whichever the business, people tend to expect that to be delivered. i.e undetectable, reversable

when it is not, people are liable to ask for their money back.

it's up to the company to maintain the standard, not the customers. you never heard your dentist asking you how you want your new teeth to look.

it's a matter of function, hence why the planning phase is a part of the procedure.

the price, I think, is more than reasonable if it includes a thorough analysis of the case at hand and the proper solution, IF there is one.

one thing is selling the illusion of hair, selling the delusion of undetectability is a whole other matter.

I have to agree with this. I've seen a few treatments that have nothing glaringly wrong with them, the work is of a high quality, but it's just too dark. White guys don't have dark shadows when shaved to the skin so from a distance it looks like something smeared on the head. I'm not referring to HBK but rather some others I've seen. It's not that it looks immediately fake, but it draws too much attention to the scalp. I think the temptation is always to go darker but it's important to resist it and keep it as subtle as possible even if it looks bald in some lighting. Keep it light, don't keep getting touch ups and ruining the density, grow some facial hair, and no one will rumble you. Had my treatment almost 2 years now (zero fading since last treatment) and being rumbled is honestly the last thing I worry about. 

If Kojak allows me, I think he was -or is- with a new girl and she even kissed his forehead -two, three fingers away from his treatment- and she didn't suspect a thing. And Kojak had his WHOLE head done -but the bottom of his neck, if I'm not wrong-.