Sign in to follow this  
hurk

3rd treatment, worth it?

Hello,

So I just wrote a really long post but it froze up and didn't post. But, to sum things up I am looking for some advice.

I've had 2 treatments because I had some significant hair recession. 

My issue. Personally I'm having an issue of whether or not I should get my third treatment. To me I've had little noticeable changes with the treatment. Especially compared to other users on this site. I even didn't tell my wife until a few months after and she was upset because I've almost spent $3,000 on 2 treatments with little noticeable effects. Im not trying to be negative about HIS as they were very professional!! Very nice people.

The treatments: My practitioner used the shades of 40 (1st treatment) and 38 (2nd treatment). The first 5 days the treatment looked nice. Then the little dots fell off and it looked washed out and faded  There was and is no definition to my hair line. it looks faint and smudged. I followed all after treatment  procedures.

Is my wife and I being unrealistic with this treatment? Is it because  I have Light hair ("dirty dishwater" blonde)? Did my practitioner go too light? did it just fade rapidly?  should I spend the extra money and get the third? Or am I just crazy?  I apologize if this post seems to lack detail. Im just worried Ill lose another post lol *actually crashed 3 times and 4th time realized I need 5 pots to upload a pictures lol wow

post-299298-0-34637300-1422253217_thumb.jpg

post-299298-0-21535400-1422253250_thumb.jpg

post-299298-0-52889300-1422253272_thumb.jpg

post-299298-0-72338300-1422253301_thumb.jpg

post-299298-0-85236800-1422253378_thumb.jpg

First picture: Before treatment with hair grown out.

Second picture: head shaved at a zero before treatment.

Third Picture: One week after treatment.

4th and 5th picture: one and two months after two treatments.

Thanks for your reply "Still ON it" Its really tough because Im afraid the 3rd treatment will end up a flop too. I know in price comparison SMP is much cheaper compared to a FUE procedure. But, what was the point of me paying $3,000 +travel and not being able to tell anything was done? You know? lol  So, that's why Im a little nervous If were to spend more money and it end up the same way. I want to reiterate that im not trying to be pesimistic about HIS. Just sharing my experience and looking for a consensus.

I can chime in here, not just as a HIS rep but also someone who like yourself, has light hair and needed light pigments. The shades used on you are similar to those used in my later sessions.

Light pigments can fade aggressively. Unfortunately there isn't much HIS (or anyone) can do to prevent that. You need more sessions, simple as that. It took me four sessions to get to where I wanted to be. Remember of course that once you've paid for your third, if you do need a fourth (I suspect you will), that fourth session is free of charge.

From the information on this thread, I honestly do not believe your practitioner is at fault, and I can completely understand why they were cautious about your pigment selection. I suspect that following two sets of heavy fading a darker pigment is now called for, but if they had used a darker pigment from the start, the risk of doing so would have been considerable.

To Damien!

I have a question Damien. And I am sure, that a lot of customer also think about, if it's possible to do it.

I have read it several times here on this site, that people with light hair needed light pigments. But could have these people, who have almost no colour on wet shaved heads, make  treatments with ink by 28 or 26 on the whole head, like a customer with alopecia? Of course a customer has to pay more for SMP's on the whole head, but this is not the question..!

I have darker hair like hurk, but very thin hair. So my wet shaved head looks bald like the head of hurk. So I think to make SMP's with ink 26 to 28 not only on the top of the head, but on the whole head. Is this possible?

If hurk like his colour, I am very happy for him, but for me it looks still bald and it seems, that ink over 30 is fading much more, than ink under 30.

Me too, started out with #38 and 40. Within a week it was gone, and the second session was hardly visible after a couple weeks. Damien told me the same advice back then that he posted on here for you so I'd listen to him. Just remember Its a marathon, not a sprint. You'll get there. I've had 5 sessions and ended up at a #8. My profile pic was taken when it was fresh after my 4th or 5th...It's a lot lighter now but I can't figure out how to load a new picture cause it says file too large. Anyone got tips on that?