Beach1103

Very much interested in SMP for 4 HT Scars

I had four previous HT proceedures, with the last being 10 years ago. At am at a point in my life that I would rather shave my head than try to hold onto what I have left up top. I have never shaved my head before as I have always been very concerned about my exsisting HT scars. When I have cut my hair short (4 guard) I can see the scars through my short hair.

I am very interested to hear (and see any pictures) from members that may have had this proceedure done on their scars.

If so, do you need to do you enrire head or can they just camofloge the scars? Which is better? I really want to get this proceedure done, but I am concerned about what the outcome may look like.

Any assistance/support would be much appreciated.

I had four previous HT proceedures, with the last being 10 years ago. At am at a point in my life that I would rather shave my head than try to hold onto what I have left up top. I have never shaved my head before as I have always been very concerned about my exsisting HT scars. When I have cut my hair short (4 guard) I can see the scars through my short hair.

I am very interested to hear (and see any pictures) from members that may have had this proceedure done on their scars.

If so, do you need to do you enrire head or can they just camofloge the scars? Which is better? I really want to get this proceedure done, but I am concerned about what the outcome may look like.

Any assistance/support would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

Might be worth checking this thread out. This is about as bad as scars can get, and the result achieved is pretty phenomenal

http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic/3805-massive-scar-transformation-you-have-to-check-this-out/

Better to get the whole head done. When you SMP the scar you will need to cut short to see a difference meaning the top scalp if not done would look bald and therefore it still draws attention to the scar and horseshoe area.

I like the idea of just getting the scar done. If the coverage is not up to your expectation on the scar you grow your hair back to the pre smp length and you are no worse off than you are now. If you don't like the scar work and the top of your head is now covered in ink, you are f**ked. Just my personal opinion, many here will disagree but that would be the most cautious approach.

I agree with Scarredup. With extensive scarring you might want to see if you'll be happy with the level of camouflage you get first. Unless you're absolutely sure you'll be shaving your head either way. That's the route I'm thinking about taking

Try to find someone who has had is done and go meet up with them….need to see it in person

How do your scars look? Raised? Color?

I am going to go in for a consult....I am uncertain what the scars look like as I have never cut my hair that short, but they feel raised in some places. Hopefully that is not a deterant to getting this done. I am just tired of chasing something that isnt going to change and am ready to just shave my head...but am hesitant with these scars.

I remember saying the SAME EXACT thing, if you are just ready to shave it then SMP is the way to go, Scars will never go away but the SMP helps a lot to be honest, try taking some pics of the scar so we can get an idea and help you out with our advice

hello Beach,i had 2 hts done the last being 10years ago,2 great big smiley faces,

I had consultation with Ian Watson and he was brutally honest with me which I respect,told me the pros and cons.

I decided to have the whole head done,had 3 sessions split over 3 weeks,i look great feel great and really pleased with results,one of the major pros of having a ht is if you follow your existing hairline then can get away with 5 days growth but best shave back of head daily.

We tend to make a big deal out of the scars,have only had a few friends question them,no big deal mate,bite the bullet and go for it.

Best to get it done before more hair falls by the way side.I still had a bit of hair so not even my kids know,they think its just shaven shade.

Check my thread, I only had one HT in the past but I did just the scare and I love it, what area you from ?

I also have had one HT and have one scar all along, going in to get just the scar done in two weeks with #### Clark in Birmingham, any chance you could post a pick of the back of the head, seems to be conflicting information regrading doing just the scar and the whole head...