HBK

Spotting SMP Out and About

Iv never been spotted or questioned in 16 months. Some friends even after being honest and telling them, examined and did not have a clue. Depends on who carried it out and the shade and artistry created with the dots. I had one friend who after telling him said shut up and stop bullshitting! I do get nervous around bald men! Mainly due to the fact when I was pre smp I spent most days looking at heads and picking out who had worst hairlines, head shapes than myself. Sometimes I even feel sorry for bald men. In particular I have a delivery driver and he must think look at this smug fucker with his full shaved hairline. I feel bloody awkward if I'm honest lol

You say it depends on artistry etc but part of me feels that doesnt even matter when it comes to those guys who demand a certain unnatural or defined look...skill doesnt come into when someone asks for something unrealistic - you will spot it regardless.

Iv never been spotted or questioned in 16 months. Some friends even after being honest and telling them, examined and did not have a clue. Depends on who carried it out and the shade and artistry created with the dots. I had one friend who after telling him said shut up and stop bullshitting! I do get nervous around bald men! Mainly due to the fact when I was pre smp I spent most days looking at heads and picking out who had worst hairlines, head shapes than myself. Sometimes I even feel sorry for bald men. In particular I have a delivery driver and he must think look at this smug fucker with his full shaved hairline. I feel bloody awkward if I'm honest lol

You say it depends on artistry etc but part of me feels that doesnt even matter when it comes to those guys who demand a certain unnatural or defined look...skill doesnt come into when someone asks for something unrealistic - you will spot it regardless.

Well I don't feel mine looks unatural and that was my point if you re-read. Of course if your 40 years old and decide to have a Mexican styled Norwood 0 in shade 2 then your asking for trouble. There are so many variables and I guess that's what makes us all very different.

I saw this lawyer at court (traffic ticket) a few months ago that I was almost positive had smp. In all reality, I couldn't tell. I saw him from 5 feet away. Not exactly up close and personal, but I figured that he had to have had smp because he was a real professional type in his late 30's with a norwood 0-1 and shaved to the bone. 

I live in Cali Land (California to those who do not live here).  It is a land of unusual events, including earthquakes, drought and triple HHH boob jobs. It is either here or South Korea, that can claim the title of artificial augmentation capital of the world. Los Gatos, a community only a few miles from my office has more plastic surgeons per capita than anywhere else I know of (including Hollywood).  And yet, surprisingly, I have yet to see any men in the San Jose area that I suspect had SMP. Bad for HIS in that they have not reached them yet, but great for me. Even with the bald guys I interact with, no one has ever given me the once over scanning my scalp. That means little magical fairy stardust continues to come out of my butt as I putter on about my life because I am rocking my Norwood I. :)

Saw this guy in a clothing store the other day pretty sure he had the treatment done. His scalp was incredibly oily and shinier than hell! When your scalp shines like that it just screams (hey look at meee!!) lol

Spotted someone in Mcdonalds the other day. Although it looked pretty good and MOST people wouldn't of looked twice, I could clearly see it was SMP for 2 reasons

#1 The hairline was waaayy to perfect and straight and

#2 The main thing that gave it away was he had left the back and sides too long so you could clearly see a horseshoe shaped border around his head.

hairline edging and density are everything. Unless you're young and black, the hairline must be deliberately "distressed" slightly and density must fit your age, ethnicity, and the hair on the rest of your face. I've seen some HIS treatments that are used for advertising which to be perfectly honest didn't impress me (and made me hesitant to book my first treatment) but it's not the fault of SMP but more likely probably the insistence of the customer to have an unnaturally youthful hairline and density.

What skin tones are you guys catching the SMP?

I am assuming the lighter your skin is the easier it is detected?

I am of Mexican descent so I have like caramel color type skin. I have been researching and looking at others and it seems the darker your skin tone the better it looks? Would you guys agree? 

Kind of hard to know...one guy said he's never been called out and nobody would ever know, another says a group of friends just called him out.  I do, though, think Damien is right when he says we are seeing a disproportionate amount of the unhappy clients on the forums because they are coming to the forum for help, the happy clients don't post as much.  While HIS does seem to have made great strides in making SMP look more natural with ridged and feathered hairlines, some darker dots, etc, I am wondering the following:

- it has been stated that dot size is going to be larger than real hair - the reason given is that it needs to be larger to show up - i also assume this might be related to sheer time/expense it takes to do these treatments - it would take twice as long to cover an area with dots half the size they are currently using...but could be way off base here.  So would it be possible to spend more for a treatment, get smaller dots and give it a more real look?

- another idea to potentially improve the transitions...first 2 treatments maybe, can they give it a super natural thinning effect in the frontal area, adding to the realness -- so let the people in your life get adjusted to it that way, and then come back for another treatment some period later to improve the density on that area just a bit - this would seem to solve the initial shock of people seeing you with new style of a shaved head and then feeling confused because it is so dense now.

Seems these ideas have probably been thought of and shot down before for one good reason or another...just have not seen these asked before...?