bitethebullet

When to shave after second session

Hi guys, can you please give me advice on when to shave my head after the second treatment? After my first treatment, I was advised by HIS to shave after 4 days. This time the form they provided said to shower normally after 1 week and nothing about shaving. I emailed my practitioner Dave about this and he said 4 days post procedure should be fine, but still recommended I ask the forum. If showering normally is an issue, I'm assuming shaving is obviously worse for the scalp. Please advise. Thanks!

Hey bitethebullet, I would say wait atleast 7-10 days before shaving, that way you don't accidentally pull any healing scabs that might contain pigment.

I have had 7 treatments to date, and 4 days has always been 'bang on the money' not sure why you would scaremonger by suggesting 7-10 days?

Because the longer you wait, the less chance you have of prematurely removing healing scabs. 

4 days is the minimum, and is okay (a light shave with an electric)... but the longer you wait, the less risk there is.  This is why HIS recommends waiting 10 days to blade shave... so that healing scabs aren't removed.  By four days, those scabs should have set up enough so that a light shave wont knock them off easily... but again, there is less risk if you can wait longer.

Because the longer you wait, the less chance you have of prematurely removing healing scabs. 

4 days is the minimum, and is okay (a light shave with an electric)... but the longer you wait, the less risk there is.  This is why HIS recommends waiting 10 days to blade shave... so that healing scabs aren't removed.  By four days, those scabs should have set up enough so that a light shave wont knock them off easily... but again, there is less risk if you can wait longer.

HIS recommendation (after-care leaflet and verbal instruction) throughout my treatment is 4 days. Never a mention of 10 days to blade shave

This is from the aftercare section on the main website:

When can I first shave my head following a treatment?

By day four with a foil shaver. If you decide to shave at this date, please use an electric foil shaver like the Remington R91 and be careful not to run it over the top of any scabs that have not flaked off.

When can I first shave my head following a treatment if I want to be extra safe or if using a razor blade?

By day ten. The reason is so that the razor blade does not remove still healing scabs and pull up and out any minute amounts of pigment with them.

http://www.hishairclinic.com/treatment/knowledgebase/aftercare-guidelines/

Wow, news to me ! wonder if this recommendation was in place 3 years ago...?

Yeah, those answers are a real eye opener. Definitely means I'd lose some physical conditioning, especially since the appointments are often scheduled only a week apart.

@rich007 I was not trying to scare anybody bud!! I was actually being very helpful and my info actually comes from the aftercare guidelines on His website! By waiting just a few extra days you avoid the chances of shaving off scabs that might still exist within those 4 days!