Mattador

Going in for Consult in 10 days

Hey everyone. I've finally got a consultation date in San Francisco coming up on the 13th.

I'm wondering if you have any advise for me to bring/prepare for the consult?

I'll be mostly looking to just see about getting my scar worked on, and what their opinion of success will be. I have blonde hair unfortunately. My scar is rather thin to normal for a transplant scar, but varies in flatness. I'd say normal in that aspect as well, but it's just not completely flat. It's also long. Way longer than it should be for the size of a procedure I had. I've tried fraxel maybe back in 2007ish, and I wasn't impressed with the results (nothing negative, just no improvement).

In the meantime, if you've had the procedure, I'd love to hear if you thought it was successful or worth it? I've had very mixed feelings about results I've seen.

Thanks

Write a list of questions and worries you have so that all bases are covered and you can make an educated decision after your consult. Read up on the main website is the best preparation and maybe look through the case studies of scar work on there and others in this forum.

Thanks guys,

SteelerEyez, it does sound like we have a similar situation. I look forward to hearing your experience. Good luck.

I had my consultation and it was slightly disappointing, but also appreciated. The consultant said my scar is the 'older pinch style scar', so it is thin but not completely flat. Not being completely flat he said it wasn't the ideal scar, but could still be improved. He felt, to be realistic, that it could be improved 40-50%, hopefully 70-80%, but they would strive for 100%.  

Not quite the numbers I was hoping to hear, but appreciated they didn't just tell me it could be improved 95%, like everyone else has so far. 

He agreed I should just do the scar to start with and go from there. Now I just need to decide if it's worth the financial hit since I see no down falls physically. If it doesn't meet my expectations I can just grow my hair out and be in the same situation as now.

I know I'm the only one who can answer that but I would love to hear everyone's honest opinion. SteelerEyez, I'll be watching your thread to help. 

Btw, he did say some positives.

My hair in the back is a nice light brown color at the roots which should help blend better. I was worried I would be too blonde, but he didn't seem to think so. 

Also, I believe I have a decent density on the sides and back (maybe medium density), so maybe won't look too sparse when buzzed.